[RELEASE] Blood FRENCH MEAT add on released !

Discussion about editing and mapping for Blood.
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Re: [RELEASE] Blood FRENCH MEAT add on released !

Post by Dimebog » Dec 29th, 2012, 08:12

I'll be playing it tomorrow. Just couldn't find time.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 29th, 2012, 12:33

Been busy myself as well. Definitely making time to play this.

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Dec 30th, 2012, 23:42

wangho wrote:why is nobody talking about this? This addon is awesome so far.
I don't think that. I believe is a good Add On but it isn't awesome. I played 7 levels and I must finish. Maybe I change my opinion.

I'll post a extended review in my website. French Meat will be the very first Add On I comment :D.

I don't like the Hangar map. It has different textures, no diferent ways to end the level, no diferent secrets, etc.
Cabal's Return Add-On. Wait for it.

BloodHispano. The best Spanish Blood website!

ItBurn
New user

Post by ItBurn » Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:43

Hi.

I played it. With cheats on after being killed by the first 2 cultists... Sorry, I don't have much free time :p

The maps are big and non-linear and offer pretty good gameplay. Some of the areas are better than others. Some are too classic. I found that the levels in general were a bit too "flat". There are some pretty crazy effects. Especially the plane crash. Overall everything is solid, except sometimes some textures don't align properly. I got completely stuck on at least two levels to the point that I had to give up. You might want to check that.

So, it's a pretty solid campaign that will offer a challenge. It's definitely above average, even excellent sometimes, but it's not "the best".

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:01

I guess Im a sucker for proper depth cueing and texture combos.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 3rd, 2013, 20:12

ItBurn wrote:Overall everything is solid, except sometimes some textures don't align properly. I got completely stuck on at least two levels to the point that I had to give up. You might want to check that.
Okay thanks for the review. Still, can you be a bit more precise about the misaligned textures and why you got stuck in some levels (too difficult or you didn't find the way to the end ?).

Also, don't hesitate to use the "spoiler" tool if you talk about something precise in the add on.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

ItBurn
New user

Post by ItBurn » Jan 3rd, 2013, 20:28

Textures on the walls for two different sectors don't transition smoothly for example. I saw a lot of that. I can't take a screenshot right now. Let's just say that I'm a perfectionist.

I also saw sector over sector visual glitches, but those are fine with me. I'd rather have kickass sectors over sectors if that means that there's small glitches.

Places where I got stuck:
Spoiler: show
The first time I got stuck, I couldn't find the key to a door after like 10 minutes of searching the emptied level. I killed everything and went everywhere, but no key. It was in the village map. I cheated to give me all keys and I could finish it.

The second time, there wasn't even a locked door. I had nowhere to go... It was in the morgue/asylum or whatever under a cemetery. You start the level in a truck that crashed into a cemetery. You eventually go down an elevator that won't take you back up, and there was nowhere to go after I explored it all down there.

I guess that I just didn't find the right things, but maybe it's because it's too difficult. I don't know. I know that one map was pretty tough. You had to find the tiny ventilation shaft...

By the way, the Corps Museum. Shouldn't it be "Corpse"? :p

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 4th, 2013, 02:30

Ok here is what you probably missed then.
Village level : You probably missed either the bank key or the PUB key but logically I think it's the bank key. You can explode the bank wall when you wander around it in the streets. The key is in the bank.

Morgue corporation level : You missed the ventilation path in the first toilets you encounter when you enter the building (just after the long dark corridor on the left). I missed it too when played it for the first time. It's a bit tricky I admit, but it should be okay. Actually, the first time I played the level I didn't see this ventilation thing in the toilets (the one with the door locked) but I saw the ventilation in the ceiling of the big changing-room. I went there using a dynamite jump only to see it led to the toilets... and also to the rest of the level... Once you find this path the rest of the level is pretty obvious so... if it's not where you got stuck I don't know. Hmmm... maybe you missed the entrance to the room with the switch to open the closed door at the beginning of the level. Two cultist are behind some bars but you can enter that room when you get the key.

ItBurn
New user

Post by ItBurn » Jan 4th, 2013, 16:35

Yeah, I didn't find the spot to blow up to get to the bank.

I also didn't find the vent in the bathroom. Those vents are hard to find... I barely found the other one in a prior level.

I would've probably found them eventually if I played the addon more seriously... Thing is, these days, I don't have free time.

BloodyCologne
New user

Post by BloodyCologne » Jan 17th, 2013, 18:26

Well didn't play blood since I got a new computer in september 2011 - before I played it on and on again and again, thousand times with all (good) user modifications and so on. but got hooked on dead island and especiaally the stalker series with various mods and metro 2033, also played rage and last far cry 3.

but this addon made me play again. so I downloaded it, everything works (playing it on my netbook, still windows xp and the running method with vdm shortcuts stuff.

I'll review it when finished, will take some time, won't play every day, have other business going on ;D ! But will finish it and review it then. first impression: NICE ! as far as trhe first level goes.

BloodyCologne
New user

Post by BloodyCologne » Jan 17th, 2013, 22:01

damn game crashes before entering third level because of a missing sound, ambient something, closes to fast. shit !

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 18th, 2013, 01:25

BloodyCologne wrote:damn game crashes before entering third level because of a missing sound, ambient something, closes to fast. shit !
Hmmm strange, I didn't have this problem. What happens if you launch the level alone, without launching the whole add on ?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 18th, 2013, 09:24

BloodyCologne wrote:damn game crashes before entering third level because of a missing sound, ambient something, closes to fast. shit !
Can you please provide the exact error message? I may be able to assist if I have more information.

And yes, I'm still getting to this.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 18th, 2013, 13:19

Daedalus wrote: And yes, I'm still getting to this.
Ahh, good news Sir, good news !

BloodyCologne
New user

Post by BloodyCologne » Jan 22nd, 2013, 20:19

hehe found the error myself. I installed it into a blood folder with rage against the machine (most epic mod btw. !!) in the first place, so there were trouble with the sound files of level 3 and 4 at least (level 4 also crashed when jumping to it) since in ratm you introduced new sound/music. so I installed it again in another blood folder (have many different of them :D - rage against the machine, bloody pulp fiction, alone in the dark stuff and so on) and it worked again.

just finished the fourth level, found the secret level entrance to the hangar :D - nice doom remake map :D will continue here when I have time to play again, perhaps tomorrow !

Review will follow... but as for now... really great, maps 3 and 4 = awesome !!!!