Blood III Discussion

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Re: Blood III Discussion

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jun 11th, 2010, 05:34

Looks like the footage to Blood 3 has been leaked...
Spoiler: show
Description:
Spoiler: show
Nah just kidding.

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jun 11th, 2010, 15:13

That's an old pirated Ukrainian version.

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Jun 11th, 2010, 16:01

Now this little fake brings up a rather good idea...
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Jul 18th, 2010, 19:14

Reasonable effort there, too much Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing though.. kinda obvious.
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Dec 31st, 2010, 06:18

For Blood III, I'd like to see the story focus on the development from a normal human to a fearsome Chosen!

You could start off with several traits that a normal human has to deal with. These would be more towards the realistic side rather than the cinematic side:

a) You can't run particularly quickly, and you get winded after a sprint.
b) When you aim for too long, your aim starts to wobble and your sight becomes less accurate.
c) When aiming a scoped weapon, your view will sway and twitch with your breathing and your muscles. You can suppress this slightly with a command to "freeze" (hold all muscles and hold your breath) but this only lasts a handful of seconds.
d) No magical abilities to start off with.
e) Few hit points to start off with. Healing takes a fair amount of time, so you can't do it in the middle of a fight.

Later, as you become more and more immersed in the Cabal of Tchernobog and its teachings, and as you slay superhuman creatures and take their powers for yourself, you can counteract many of the human weaknesses above:

a) You can run faster and faster, and your recovery time gets less and less. Eventually you reach Caleb's ability in Blood1, where you're running at a dead sprint and never get tired.
b) Your aim becomes steadier and steadier until it's completely still, and eventually it can be held indefinitely.
c) Scoped aiming eventually becomes steady and still. (Obviously this is very in keeping with an undead Chosen, who has no breathing or heartbeat.)
d) You pick up magical spells, to be cast with the off-hand, rather like Clive Barker's Undying.
e) As your supernatural resistance grows, your foes' attacks do less and less damage to you. Effectively, your hit points increase. Healing by magical means (life essences, etc.) takes less time and you could do so even under fire.

Just a few thoughts.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 21st, 2011, 17:29

I have emailed Stephan Weyte long ago which also reveals that a Blood 3 is also unlikely and if they ever do it, it'll suck...read on.
BoN wrote:Hi Stephan Weyte, I'm sure that you get alot of emails like this but I'm just dropping by to say that you did a excellent job portraying Caleb's voice (well the voice did fit for a old western gunslinger...well especially Spaghetti Westerns mostly starring Clint Eastwood which is obviously the developers at Monolith at the time were going for) since Blood is now considered a underrated classic among the First Person Shooter genre overshrouded by the big lines like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake and it's certainly one of my favorite games among many others.

Perhaps I'll ask you this question, although this is very unlikely but if Monolith was planning to do a Blood 3 or even a reimaging of the first game would you like to voice Caleb again?

Although it's such a shame that you can't do voice work for fan-made projects/modifications (as I heard) due to legal reasons restraining you but I would imagine the possibilities if you were allowed to since there's a phenomenon going on among fans of Blood that only one actor can only portray a certain character's voice like for example in the Legacy of Kain games, only Simon Templeman can portray Kain's voice for example which further extends toy you can portray Caleb's voice and no other voice actor can (such as I often hear from fans "Stephen Weyte is Caleb") which therefore can be extremely limiting if fans cannot new lines for Caleb in fan-made mods/projects and are restricted to existing ones or even editing your voice around to create "new ones" (which may sounds choppy though). Well it also shows how much Blood has developed a cult following over the years.
His Response:
Stephan Weyte wrote:Blake: thanks for you e-mail and kudos re Caleb. (actually the developers had nothing to do with the Eastwood-type voice; i came up with it and all the adlib songs,etc.)
I've been asked many times from folks all over the globe about a Blood III. I tell them, "talent" is on the lowest rung of corporate importance. Bug them at http://www.lith.com

; I have 'nuttin ta do wid it,' unfortunately, and if there ever is a Blood III, since now the head honchos are in L.A. I think; *I wouldn't put it past them to hire another voice for the part. They don't care.
And yes, my ass would be sued and put in a sling if I did any Caleb off the reservation. Pretty stupid as the games were put out over ten years ago and if they're not going to do another, what's the big deal?

Anyhow, thanks again for the approbations,
Stephan Weyte

* The bolded part pretty much sums up how Blood 3 and even a reboot would go downhill from there.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 22nd, 2011, 09:23

Interesting piece. Thank you.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Feb 23rd, 2011, 03:25

It may have somehow slipped my radar, but has anyone ever mentioned the Posty to Stephan before?
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Alex2501
Still Kicking

Post by Alex2501 » Jul 10th, 2011, 09:49

For a Blood 3 to happen, I'd have to have either (A) Nick Newhard as the designer again or (B) a die-hard fan -I.E. one of us- as the designer. I wouldn't put it past whoever owns the Blood trademark to make another game, nostalgia-exploitation is all the rage and if we could get a new Splatterhouse game after all these years I don't see why Blood should be excluded.

One thing: Keep Jace Hall far, far away from a Blood 3/Remake.

I think a remake would be more likely, less effort would be involved, and it could turn out well so long as they stay true to the original.

If a real sequel is made than I think it should completely ignore the events in Blood 2. Hell, most of us have. It should be a direct sequel of Blood picking up almost right after Caleb defeats Chernobog. Keep the same setting (there's more than enough FPS these days set in industrial zones and destroyed cities) but let's have Caleb go through the Seven Levels of Hell ala Dante's Inferno. It would be something different, and he could be in the hell's of over people, maybe the Cult Members he killed or the ones part of his group killed by Chernobog.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jul 10th, 2011, 18:56

What did Jace do? At least he's been interested in doing a remake unlike pretty much everyone else.

Alex2501
Still Kicking

Post by Alex2501 » Jul 13th, 2011, 15:10

I never heard of Jace talk about Blood 3/Remake. It seemed like he admitted to the major faults of Blood 2. His track record isn't amazing, but if he somehow gets the ball rolling and get someone like New Neward back, then all the better.

Edit: A Carmageddon sequel is in the works, so another Blood game is pretty likely. Just a matter of time and just hope it's not going to be an Iphone game.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 13th, 2011, 17:09

Alex2501 wrote:I never heard of Jace talk about Blood 3/Remake. It seemed like he admitted to the major faults of Blood 2. His track record isn't amazing, but if he somehow gets the ball rolling and get someone like New Neward back, then all the better.
So many wrong things in that paragraph:

1. He is the most recent person that has anything to do with BLOOD to actually talk about a Blood 3. He said he would love to do it and he also said that Blood 3 should look and feel exactly like the first game but with enhanced graphics and more multiplayer modes.

2. He's not responsible for Blood 2 flunking. At least he doesn't pretend like it's a good game either.

3. His track record is actually pretty amazing.

4. It's Nick Newhard.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Alex2501
Still Kicking

Post by Alex2501 » Jul 13th, 2011, 18:35

1: Source? I'd love to see it.

2: He gave the Okay to how Blood 2 turned out, he has to share some of the blame you must admit.

3: Two words my friend: Matrix Online ;) .

4: My bad.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jul 13th, 2011, 19:14

Here it comes.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 13th, 2011, 20:21

Alex2501 wrote:1: Source? I'd love to see it.
Alex2501 wrote:2: He gave the Okay to how Blood 2 turned out, he has to share some of the blame you must admit.
As opposed to doing whatever was in his power to shut the game down and never have it released because that is what CEOs of other gaming companies with deadlines do.
Alex2501 wrote:3: Two words my friend: Matrix Online ;) .
Condemned: Criminal Origins. The only modern horror FPS with old school gaming values that made Build games great.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.