I mailed Stephan Weyte

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

I mailed Stephan Weyte

Post by Tekedon » Dec 2nd, 2010, 19:54

I dropped him a line on his Vimeo page and I got an answer. He seems to be a nice guy. But I don't know if he mixed up my mail with somebody elses mail because he answered stuff I didn't even ask. Or maybe he read my mail wrong. Anyway.. here is what I asked and the reply

MY MAIL:

Hi Stephan!

I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you that I love your voice-work! First time I heard your work was in the pc-game Blood released in 1997. I remember already back then thinking how cool the voice was.

I was wondering if you have any fun memories of the voice recording for Blood? What was it like working with Monolith? It's quite a long time ago so It's understandable if nothing comes to mind.

But keep up the good work, I hope you get lots more jobs in the future!

Best regards, David

THE REPLY:

David: thanks for your kind words re Blood. You're right, it was so long ago, with many other recording sessions of various kinds since then, that I really can't remember much. I do remember, that it was fun for me to come up with my singing adlibs; they were not in the scripts. Computer geeks and gamers aren't performers; don't come from that background, so I had to supply the icing on the cake. Perhaps, because Caleb is so different from other game characters, that's the reason why, even know after 10 years or so, I still get lovely comments about my creation from all over the world. And NO, I have no idea about another Blood version. You'd have to bug Monolith about it.
Take care and just so you know, I'm really not a big communicator via Facebook or any other social media with people I've never met or who aren't personal friends. Just not into it - am from another generation.

So take care and good luck, Stephan Weyte

Hellen
Well Done

Re: I mailed Stephan Weyte

Post by Hellen » Dec 2nd, 2010, 20:50

Ask questions and you will receive answers, easy as that! Great job, man. :D
That's the second letter that got posted over here. Another one by Mr. Red gathers dust in the closet.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 2nd, 2010, 21:13

Totally awesome. More details about the recording stuff would have been even better.

good job !
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

BLOODTheChosenOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by BLOODTheChosenOne » Dec 7th, 2010, 05:49

It sounds like he gets a lot of mail from bloodites... And he seems to be annoyed by it, lol. :)
Face it people, no one can re-create the unique feel of Blood, only the gods have such power...

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Dec 7th, 2010, 22:13

Yeah, that's the feeling I got too from his response. But it's understandable. I'm glad I kept my mail short just for that reason.. don't want to piss "mr Caleb" off ;)

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Dec 8th, 2010, 00:49

I misread the first line as "I nailed Stephan Weyte".

My first reaction was "...high five...?"
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Dec 8th, 2010, 04:07

Im gonna mail him again and ask a few questions I didnt get around to the first time.. like what his favorite food is, what his favorite drink is, and what his favorite color is..

BLOODTheChosenOne
Pink on the Inside

Post by BLOODTheChosenOne » Dec 8th, 2010, 23:05

wangho wrote:Im gonna mail him again and ask a few questions I didnt get around to the first time.. like what his favorite food is, what his favorite drink is, and what his favorite color is..
Ha! I can answer that for you. His favorite food is flesh, his favorite drink is blood, and his favorite color is red. :wink:
Face it people, no one can re-create the unique feel of Blood, only the gods have such power...

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Dec 9th, 2010, 00:33

Don't forget to ask, "boxers or briefs?"
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Dec 9th, 2010, 15:45

Awesome stuff ~ At some point someone should make a 15-30 minute video about Blood and why its such an incredible gaming masterpiece that people still play.
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum