No Blood 3 so far

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
dizzle
New user

No Blood 3 so far

Post by dizzle » May 26th, 2010, 12:57

hi blood fans as you see im new here,but a big fan of the game from the first day it was released. I dont know if you discussed here if a Blood 3 is coming.I am sorry to tell you that it is not (i've read many rumours that its in production).i recently contacted mr. Stephan Weyte (Caleb voice actor for those who don't know) and here is the conversation:

Dear mr. Weyte, sorry for bothering you on facebook but I am a big fan of yours as well as i represent your countless gamer fans on the internet all over the world. I think you know the game "Blood" that you star in has become a classic and a legend mainly because of your great voiceacting,giving it an atmosphere that no other game has.The game creators did not reply to any of the e-mails fans sent them and there is no official or even unofficial information about a possible sequel. So please Mr. Weyte tell us if it's ever going to be a Blood 3.

Best Regards
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephan Weyte 26 May at 02:34
Martin: thanks for the accolades. Folks have written to me before re a Blood 3. I don't have any info for you. Couple years ago, I passed on requests to Monolith but I now that they're owned by Warner Bros. in L.A., I don't know who makes decisions. I'm just an actor; i.e., no clout, nothing! Below is company info. Don't send e-mail, CALL them and ask to speak to some producer or something; not just the receptionist. Maybe they'd give you some info. I can't. Too bad, couild use the work! Stephan

Monolith Productions Inc (Monolith Productions, Inc*)
113th Ave NE # 300
Kirkland, WA 98034-6944(Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA Metro Area)
Phone: (425) 739-1500

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: No Blood 3 so far

Post by Daedalus » May 26th, 2010, 13:10

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Postmortem.

Anyone else read that in Caleb's voice? :)
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

dizzle
New user

Post by dizzle » May 26th, 2010, 13:25

Daedalus wrote:Anyone else read that in Caleb's voice? :)
sorry didn't understand that

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 26th, 2010, 13:26

Wasn't directed at you, lad.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » May 28th, 2010, 16:00

Somewhat related -

If you have Facebook, go like this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephan-W ... 8923010476

And do not attempt to add Stephan Weyte as a friend.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

ilikemyhandsbloody
Lightly Broiled

Post by ilikemyhandsbloody » May 28th, 2010, 20:24

What's the point of making a Facebook account with the exact same info as on wikipedia?
Now it is nothing more than just a fanpage of some sort.
http://www.youtube.com/bloodmapedit

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 28th, 2010, 20:26

I wouldn't want a Blood 3 anyways since the sequel was already bad in it's own right but a Blood 3 would make things much worse.

Although I don't mind seeing a revision/remake of it as long Jace Hall does it...

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » May 28th, 2010, 22:38

Blood of Nightmares wrote:I wouldn't want a Blood 3 anyways since the sequel was already bad in it's own right but a Blood 3 would make things much worse.

Although I don't mind seeing a revision/remake of it as long Jace Hall does it...
That has been my feeling on the subject. I kind of think the game would be taken even further down the lines of the generic future shooters that seem so popular now. There is always a chance it might be done well. But I'm not sure I'm willing to take the chance.
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 28th, 2010, 22:46

The release of Blood 3, be the game good or bad, will bring fame and glory to the original game nevertheless. More people playing the original and the sheer possibility of Blood 3 being a good game makes me scoff at your lack of faith.

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » May 28th, 2010, 22:54

There is always the chance that the game might end up being good. And if it were announced tomorrow that a Blood 3 was on it's way I would glad. Also, no need to scoff. Yes, it is possible to make good First Person Shooters today. But when I think of who currently owns the rights, when I think of Blood 2 (with the goods and the bads), when I think of the greedy way in which the corporate studios create their games currently I find it hard to believe the game would live up to the standard. I know your feelings on this sort of thing. Better to produce something new with name Blood on it than to not produce anything at all. I simply am dubious about your assertion that a new release would necessarily bring "glory" to the original. It might make more people notice it. But if its not that good it won't bring much glory.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 28th, 2010, 22:54

Well Doom 3 was pretty bad compared to the original Doom anyways why should Blood 3 be any better? Especially the shit quality of todays FPS games makes me doubt we're going to get decent shooter ever again (unless their fan made/mods using modern engines...) since Monolith these days seems to be vomiting endless FEAR sequels.

bleh.

At this point I think we should be no longer be relying on game companies which we Bloodites can continue Blood's legacy to live on with mods/addons and porting Blood into other game engines (as we can do currently since we have no source code currently).

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 28th, 2010, 23:00

The only standards Blood 3, if released today, would live up to would be todays standards, which I'm personally fine with games being released like Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption and others. It's obvious that sequels never get par on with the original classics, as we discussed in the movie thread, but I find not allowing a single thought about a possibility of a new game in the series a very destructive way of thinking. Even the very release of Blood 2 on GOG that you seem to despise so much brought quite a lot of attention to the original game, even if you choose not to see it.

Whatever Blood 3 would turn out to be, I would be happy just seeing a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. Even if it didn't live up to the original, it would not take anything away from it and we could rest well, knowing what kind of game Blood 3 turned out to be.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 29th, 2010, 00:52

Daedolon wrote:I would be happy just seeing a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made.
*Clears throat repeatedly.*

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » May 29th, 2010, 04:50

ilikemyhandsbloody wrote:What's the point of making a Facebook account.
It's not an account, it is a fanpage. Spot on.

But I'm deleting it anyway.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » May 29th, 2010, 08:07

Daedolon wrote:Whatever Blood 3 would turn out to be, I would be happy just seeing a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. Even if it didn't live up to the original, it would not take anything away from it and we could rest well, knowing what kind of game Blood 3 turned out to be.
I respect your opinion. And again, as I said, I would be happy to hear of a Blood 3 if it were to be announced. As for my mode of thought being "very destructive" I would again have to differ with you. When I first heard about Batman Begins I shrugged and could only ponder how they might do it right. The more I learned of it the more interested I became. Finally when it was released I was blown away by the brilliance of the new adaptation of the Batman idea. Everything about it was done right. Am I to believe that Batman & Robin, with its bat-suit nipples and horrible one liners, was a credit to the franchise just because it existed? This would suppose that any publicity is good publicity. That the skill or beauty of a piece of art is not as important as whether or not it brings fame to the artist. But, if like Ed Wood, I was to gain this fame by being listed as a terrible artist I'm not sure I would want it. I am not a Luddite. I like many modern games, Red Dead Redemption being one of them! I simply was stating the fact that I do not believe the current companies in possession of Blood's copyright would do it justice and that would make a third installment a sad affair for me. All the same, I would love to be proven wrong. But as it seems there isn't going to be a Blood 3 anytime soon I don't suppose this will be an issue. :)