A future Blood Add-On from France [FRENCH MEAT]

Discussion about Blood and its addons.
Le Babe
Well Done

A future Blood Add-On from France [FRENCH MEAT]

Post by Le Babe » May 13th, 2009, 14:49

Ok, I and a friend of mine are going to create a Blood add-on, or at least try to do so. This idea came to our mind some months ago but we decided to make it true last week. I'm currently learning how to use mapedit with what I can find on the net and with my grey matter, and my friend is already used to the basics of it.

I can't tell you how long this will take considering we do not master mapedit still and we don't want to make uninteresting maps, we still have to think of a whole story, we will implement cutscenes because my friend is a good drawer, and we're going to compose new music too (this won't be the hardest part since we both write music for our respective bands).

So, all I can say is that, it's on. I'm currently working on a map that would be called "Swarm of rats" and my friend (who doesn't speak english so can't write on Posty) has already almost finished his first map.

I think we're going to make an episode each.

I can't tell for my friend (let's call him Tedd) but my episode will take place in France.

Also, that would be really nice if people who master mapedit answer some queries I'll surely ask in the Blood mapedit question thread (there's already one). I'm currently going through RATM and considering how amazing the maps are, I'm sure my questions will be easy to answer.

Making a Blood add-on in 2009 when almost everybody have forgotten this game may seem odd, but still, now we are prepared and motivated for it, we're going to make it, and I know at least some of you here are probably going to play it if it's released (let's not call it Blood Forever, I'm pretty sure we are going to finish it).

It won't be released this year, for sure ^^.

When I know more about the plot, and have more elements such as a title, perhaps some screenshots, etc. I'll inform you and probably open a new thread or change the title of this one to discuss it if you want.
Last edited by Le Babe on Mar 7th, 2010, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 13th, 2009, 18:53

So your episode is basically going to be a expanded version of Farewell to Arms perhaps? My reasoning for saying that was because I always thought the the 3rd episode of the original Blood took place in France during WWII which is evidenced by the French Flag hanging on the entrance of the Bank (yes I did check actual France's flag and the one hanging on the bank which they perfectly matched) although the version of France your doing in your episode could be now in it's glory (Victorian or Modern I guess) without all that war shit going on?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 13th, 2009, 19:01

Super. Keep us informed. You know where to come for your questions and for opinions.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Snake Plissken
Pink on the Inside

Post by Snake Plissken » May 14th, 2009, 13:39

That's great.Even if i don't know anything of mapedit and such,i will give all the support that i can to this project.Keep us informed ;)

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 14th, 2009, 18:49

Thanks for your answers !

Well master Daedalus, I would need your help concerning the torches and flicking sectors actually, check my post in the mapedit queries if you wonder what disturbs me.

@ BON : No, my episode is going to happen after the events of Blood I think. I'm thinking of the plot these days so you'll be aware of this :). This is not going to happen during the victorian period. It's gonna take place in a lost village in the countryside the French Cabal took over to create their headquarters.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 15th, 2009, 02:20

MALAMAX AND FIÖRÖBÖÖL!
LOL HI!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 15th, 2009, 15:03

Some screenshots :

From the Tedd level (very low quality he can only play BLood in the lowest resolution under dosbox on his PC):

And now 2 ones from the level I'm currently working on :

We decided on the plot, now we got to find a title for the Add-On.

It's gonna take place after the events of Blood 1. Caleb, after having defeated Tchernobog and absorbed his power, wanders without any particular goals. He had lost the only person he ever cherished, he had been betrayed by what he considered his master, he is now completely lost in this world he no longer knows. At least, he still knows how to use a gun. Some months after the end of Blood, Caleb starts to feel a strange emotion overwhelming him. He feels a new instinct growing in him, and it's like he hears voices asking him to go to a particular place. It's like he's hungry but does not know what he wants to eat. His mind is asking for him to go to a certain place. Over the months, this feeling grows stronger and stronger, until he can't stand it anymore. He has to go there, something in his mind is demanding him to do so. Following what the tremendous dark voice orders him in his dreams, Caleb finally finds himself in the middle of nowhere... Why coming here ? There's nothing to do here, it's completely lost. But this little village that stands before him is the exact place where his mind wanted him to be. Caleb glazes towards the entrance of the village. Nobody. Not even a single sound that could make him aware that there was life in here. There's a smell Caleb has smelled a thousand time. The smell of death, destruction, and above all...the smell of The Cabal. How come he had to come here after having destroyed the Dark God, to fight the Cabal again ?

This you'll know finishing our two episodes ^^.
Last edited by Le Babe on Dec 20th, 2009, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 15th, 2009, 16:04

Looking good!
And I love those sexy pixels!
LOL HI!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 22nd, 2009, 01:41

Ok, two more screenshots from the level I'm currently working on :

I'm gonna create a moddb page soon I think, as soon as we got a title.

Feel free to comment.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » May 22nd, 2009, 02:04

The screenshots look good, how long have you been mapping for?

Maybe I should start mapping sometime (The only mapping I ever did was for Doom a while back)

The first batch of screenshots certainly bring an E2-like atmosphere. Is the map you're working on taking place in a mine setting? It would be interesting to see some new ideas taking place in that. I haven't played custom mine maps besides RATM01, which was well done imo.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 22nd, 2009, 10:51

There a mine part in this map yes. Cultist using innocent to make their underground temple and experiment labs bigger.

I'm mapping for...2 weeks now. I've been overflooding the mapedit queries with question, you can check it :D .

The guy who makes the add on with me, Tedd, started to map using doom mapedit too. That's why he had more knowledge than me.

You should play the whole RATM. It's really impressive mapedit skills in my opinion. The use of shadows are awesome, and there are so many good ideas that I can't remember 60% of them.

Go to their Moddb page and download it seriously.

And take the Wango and RedFanatic Blood Pulp Fiction that has just been released. Full with good ideas, original maps and new textures/sounds.

Mines settings aren't that rare in Blood's map. There are some in the original BLood (at least some passage).

The second map from RATM takes place in a mine setting too.

Le Babe
Well Done

Re: A future Blood Add-On from France announcement.

Post by Le Babe » Dec 20th, 2009, 20:30

Tedd did craft 2 entire levels, he's working on a 3rd one at the moment. Great ideas, good mapping and a large amount of details and shadows. Western like town, Haunted hotel, the More Brains corporation headquarters and bunker, and many more to come.

I still have to start something, I'm quite busy. This goes on slowly but surely.

ilikemyhandsbloody
Lightly Broiled

Re:

Post by ilikemyhandsbloody » Dec 21st, 2009, 04:43

Wishing you and your friend all the best in creating something fresh'n'stunnin', I'm looking forward! :bow:
Le Babe wrote:Also, that would be really nice if people who master mapedit answer some queries I'll surely ask in the Blood mapedit question thread
I'm always willing to help a fellow bloodite wherever I can :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/bloodmapedit

BLOODTheChosenOne
Pink on the Inside

Re: Re:

Post by BLOODTheChosenOne » Dec 26th, 2009, 06:59

ilikemyhandsbloody wrote:Wishing you and your friend all the best in creating something fresh'n'stunnin', I'm looking forward! :bow:
Le Babe wrote:Also, that would be really nice if people who master mapedit answer some queries I'll surely ask in the Blood mapedit question thread
I'm always willing to help a fellow bloodite wherever I can :thumbsup:
My friend ilikemyhandsbloody is good. If you have any questions go to him. Infact, check out his YouTube. It has mapedit tutorials. I am a fellow mapper aswell so you can ask me too.
Face it people, no one can re-create the unique feel of Blood, only the gods have such power...

ilikemyhandsbloody
Lightly Broiled

Re: A future Blood Add-On from France announcement.

Post by ilikemyhandsbloody » Dec 27th, 2009, 19:50

I see you also have that monolith icon on the screen in the right corner (same as me):

http://www.youtube.com/bloodmapedit