New Blood 2 Singleplayer Levels

Discussion about Blood II and its addons.
I Live...AGAIN
New user

New Blood 2 Singleplayer Levels

Post by I Live...AGAIN » Nov 20th, 2007, 06:52

I have finally released my mini Singleplayer MOD for Blood 2 called "B2K5". It replaces the first 3 retail levels of the game with 2 new never been seen before singleplayer levels and 1 previously released level.

Why the title B2K5? Well... I actually started this mod some 3+ years ago but through real-life things, procrastination, and other games taking up my time, I never got anything to a releasable state until now.

Not only does this mod contain some new levels, but it also includes early beta material from Kurt Fuhr's Blood 2 Resurrection MOD as well as small pieces from my favorite B2 mods.

Huge thanks go out to Kurt, Predator, Guzz, Arjan, Hades and others for thier individual work (having nothing to do with my mod) Please look at the B2K5.txt for a full list of credits.

Hopefully this will only be the beginning as I have some other maps partially done, I just wanted to get something out for people to play and enjoy while we wait for Kurt's hard work to pay off.

I hope everyone enjoys, I never claim to be a professional mapper but I hope this MOD helps bring back some old memories of Blood, it has for me.

Levels:

Path Of Death (by Me):

Roadhouse: (Originally for Kiss:Psycho Circus, now for Blood2)

Hospital Of Souls: (By Hades)

You can download the MOD from here:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1207998

Please see the B2K5.txt file for more info.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Nov 24th, 2007, 20:54

Hi there!

I have been long time planning to play blood2 again. When I do, I will check this out too!
LOL HI!

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Nov 25th, 2007, 06:15

I think ILA has created some entertaining and enjoyable levels here.

I'll also look forward to any future levels that may possibly be created. :D

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Nov 26th, 2007, 14:47

That pic of the water with the corpse in it looks ominus.

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Nov 27th, 2007, 15:47

Hmmm, if I install this does it mean that it overwrites the first 3 retail levels? Or is it a seperate custom game?
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

Vuzeth
Pink on the Inside

Post by Vuzeth » Nov 27th, 2007, 16:05

No it won't overwrite any of B2 data. Put the .REZ in Blood2\Custom folder, run Blood2, click 'Customize'. Simple enough.

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Nov 27th, 2007, 16:24

Sold!
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

I Live...AGAIN
New user

Post by I Live...AGAIN » Nov 29th, 2007, 04:46

To be safe, I would backup any saves from the first 3 levels to be sure.

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Nov 29th, 2007, 13:53

Looks like it's time to install Blood 2 again.. :)
Long live the new flesh!

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Feb 5th, 2008, 03:09

kurt, ILA,

I finally got a chance to play with the new material.

It's good stuff, I'm having a deliciously hard time getting past the zombie trap on the first map too :D

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Feb 8th, 2008, 02:09

I keep getting this bug. It causes the players movement to be really slow. It's not just movement either, even falling from a hight takes quite a while.

At first I thought it was because kurt had slowed the player speed but half the time I load the b2k mod the player speed returns to normal.

I can actually play through the game like this-combat is harder but doable.

It's when jumping is required that the game becomes impossible.

Any suggestions?

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Feb 8th, 2008, 09:51

zZaRDoZz wrote:I keep getting this bug...Any suggestions?
Call an exterminator or go see your doctor.

Or wait until the game gets properly repaired.

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Feb 8th, 2008, 21:04

...Just wanted to add that those AI fixes change the game dynamic substantially. I still can't jump but that forced me to avoid the napalm launcher on the first map and use some old one- on- one tactics.

I tried to upload a pic to photo bucket to demonstrate but it hasn't worked out so far.

That zombie trap I mentioned earlier has been cleared out- Cleared out by getting them to chase me out into the court yard.

That my not sound like a big deal but with retail b2 ai, such a feat would have been impossible.

Nice work kurt, ILA

This has broader applications...

time to start playing with some proxies... :wink:

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Feb 10th, 2008, 10:40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep getting this bug. It causes the players movement to be really slow. It's not just movement either, even falling from a hight takes quite a while.

Sometimes the following cheat can help with the slowdown bug. MPSPEEDUP , if applied 2 or 3 times, can shake the player model loose.

It doesn't always work. I've noticed that after most of the spawned cultists are killed, the player model goes back to normal on its own.

That hospital of souls map is better than most b2 retail maps I've played.

Gandhi[ofDOOM]
New user

Post by Gandhi[ofDOOM] » Mar 30th, 2008, 15:38

praise you! there's been so painfully little new blood 2 content over the past few years... how i yearned for a new episode... even a few stand-alone maps would have been eased the suffering. and now i finally have something new (albeit several months after your original post).

i know hospos, which was good, and i'm especially looking forward to the maps i don't know.

edit: speaking of which, can anyone help me out with the patches? valid download locations for them are kind of hard to find these days...