My keyboard...

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 20th, 2008, 01:08

Shadowlad wrote:Dell keyboard like THIS?!
Cause that's my keyboard.
Backslash below the backspace button, F-keys in equally separated groups and pg-up, pg-down, insert, home, delete and end coupled -- as it should be!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jun 20th, 2008, 15:45

I've also got nifty stickers over my Q,B, and P keys because YOU DON'T KNOW JACK seasons 1, 2, and 3 came with them. :P

Also the obligatory random crumbs and things.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Jun 20th, 2008, 21:11

No it has the print screen/scroll lock/pause buttons to the very right, and in their natural place lay pause/play/stop/next/previous/volume/mute, that's the only change, apart from that it's your standard keyboard.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 23rd, 2008, 00:09

I shall select euros as my currency of choice for this report.

So this mouse and keyboard I have at this point are unreliable and inefficient. They are cordless and use batteries which must be replaced at key intervals. So I go down to the local mall with a single purpose in mind -- to buy a keyboard and mouse which will last for a good amount of years to come. For the keyboard I'm looking for the cheapest, oldest keyboard I could possibly get. The louder the better. I'm not looking for fucken female curves on my keyboard and buttons that make my computer adjust its brightness. Just your basic, reliable, old clickety-clackety keyboard without a friggin' base at the bottom that judo-chops your throat.

For the mouse I was going for something a little more significant. I was looking to spend up to about 40 euros, if it came to it, for a damn reliable, optical, robust mouse that generally feels good and doesn't skip and what have you. See, I thought 40 euros would get me the mouse that would last for years to come.

I was wrong.

Apparently this simple matter was too much to ask of three separate shops! The keyboards are mostly cordless and/or filled with idiotic curves and ridiculous functions that only swell the cost beyond reason and the matter of the mouse! Good lord! It seems to alternate between 5 euro products which look like they'd only find use in the hands of dim secretaries and, I kid you not, price ranges of about 85 euros to as much as 150 euros! 150 euros for a mouse! I mean, 80 euros is really pushing it, I'd think the thing would clean your hand while you use it, but as for 150 euros, christ. I'd expect the thing to have an eleventh button that wipes your ass!

The mission was a complete failure and I returned with nothing but disappointment.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:40

I settle for 5 Eu mice (well, 10 Eu). I don't like laser mice because they become sluggish for short moves (for more precision?) and increasing the sensitivity makes the thing too fast when you make quicker moves. Optical mice are just to my taste. I also don't like them too wide as they like to make them, and I will settle for nothing but two buttons and a scroll wheel. Also, cordless mice are awfully sluggish and laggy. Other people don't notice it but to me it's just horrible.

And I used this keyboard:

I opened the thing to remove the contact rubber under the three medium purple buttons in order to sabotage their Power, Sleep and Wake functions. The hand rest is extremely convenient for working long hours.

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Jun 25th, 2008, 21:43

SK-8135:

Did come with a hand rest, but my other half doesn't like to use it, he likes to 'maximize' space on the desk. Those very top circular buttons are never used, they're just silly web browser buttons, just in case you can't be bothered to move your mouse on the screen to the corresponding functions such as 'back'. (Thats not my actual keyboard just so you're aware)

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jun 26th, 2008, 00:31

May I take the pleasure of Introducing to you all, the Creative Desktop Wireless 6000. Before you start cursing me for this odd choice, mind you I had no control over my hardware choice. You see I was very fortunate to obtain my latest beast (well when compared to my scrapheap of an old PC) free of charge, courteousy of a friend who constructs PC's as a hobby. Thank Tchernie it has a standard keyboard layout, save for the media and browser buttons stacked along the top row. Although these are placed well out of way and do not act as aggravating obstacles as a result. It also comes with rechargable batteries if your wondering about possible expense. I'm afraid I fried the back part of the charger, due to placing another battery type within it's holding. As a result I can only charge two at a time, but it's all good 8)

Now It appears the stereotypical view on Wireless desktops include: Laggy, unreliable, quick to crumble hardware. However let me assure you this is the absolute best damn keyboard and mouse I've come across. The sensitivity is near perfect for my liking, my aiming is precise and smooth. Why just this morning I was constantly bombarded with Accuracy and Precision medals in a game of Skulltag, I kick myself for not acquiring a demo. In conclusion, never judge game nor technology until you wrap your hands around it yourself, you'll never know what treats you may uncover :D

The only complaint which has nothing to do with these fine tools? The batteries drain after around a day's use. Other than that it's all smooth sails, especially considering I once slammed my mouse in a surge of rage :shock:

Update: It even comes with a hand rest attached to the back, which you may choose to pull out at your own leisure.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jun 26th, 2008, 00:42

Wow, I thought all creative made was MP3 players.

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jun 26th, 2008, 01:10

wireless mouse and keyboard is expensive and gets on my nerves when the batteries drain. I went back to corded stuff, I dont need cordless, not especially beneficial in any way whatsoever.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jun 26th, 2008, 01:19

Sorry to hear of the troubles you've encountered Wangho. I believe I was merely lucky to stumble upon a great set of wireless hardware, they serve me greatly and hopefully will continue to do so. I'm anxious at obtaining a new mouse, It seriously takes a while to become adjusted to the new feel, and my performance is currently top notch. Well, undoubtedly improved than with any other mouse used.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 26th, 2008, 18:45

Very attractive pieces, Ali, but I'm done with cordless. Well, I will be.

nataskapaus
New user

Post by nataskapaus » Jun 30th, 2008, 09:40

I love my mouse so much.

It has the normal 2 buttons, it has 2 scroll wheels, they both double as centre mouse buttons. It also has these mint as buttons on the side for back/forward on the browser.

It's more of a net mouse than a gaming mouse, and i love it.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jun 30th, 2008, 18:35

Why do you need two scroll wheels?

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jun 30th, 2008, 18:46

My DVD Drive can make pancakes

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jun 30th, 2008, 19:14

But can you use it as a coffee cup holder?