My keyboard...

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Drakan
Well Done

My keyboard...

Post by Drakan » Jun 5th, 2008, 15:36

...has gone bung. All I know is that one minute I was typing, the next my spacebar seems to have malfunctioned. Half the time I press it, a windows menu pops up - it's the one you get if you were to right-click the top of your internet window.

Is it just my keyboard or more likely the computer?
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jun 5th, 2008, 19:46

The best way to test this theory would be to get your claws on another keyboard if possible, for experimental purposes. On a similar note Photogallery feels the need to pop up everytime i launch a media application. My keys rarely freeze, but that's down to batteries not being placed absolutely positively comfortably within my wireless keyboard.

My old keyboard was tough as nails. Both the escape key and space bar popped out consistently due to a fit of rage but they worked fine and dandy after slotting them back in.

nataskapaus
New user

Post by nataskapaus » Jun 6th, 2008, 07:22

Lol, the driver for the media keys on my pc keeps corrupting, the keyboard batteries last 2 years and the mouse batteries last 2 weeks and my escape key flys out at random intervals.

Anyway, i truly believe that this would be a software problem.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 6th, 2008, 09:07

If you were me you'd get an old, no-holds-barred, noisy, clickety-clackety keyboard.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jun 6th, 2008, 19:36

Daedalus wrote:If you were me you'd get an old, no-holds-barred, noisy, clickety-clackety keyboard.
Seconded.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

nataskapaus
New user

Post by nataskapaus » Jun 7th, 2008, 09:10

Even better

Which button would you press more?

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jun 7th, 2008, 17:06

Why does the mouse have imprints of fingertips in black?

Is the guy made of sandpaper?

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Jun 7th, 2008, 19:54

I'd expect that’s dirt gathered from the fingers after time, the cause is from sweat and unclean fingertips (i've heard dead skin cells?), it creates a grey/black like gunk on the mouse, as well as the keyboard, console controllers and others which require excessive hand usage.

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jun 7th, 2008, 20:24

Ella wrote:I'd expect that’s dirt gathered from the fingers after time, the cause is from sweat and unclean fingertips (i've heard dead skin cells?), it creates a grey/black like gunk on the mouse, as well as the keyboard, console controllers and others which require excessive hand usage.
i thought it was caused by 'clean' fingertips, i'm mistaken again.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jun 8th, 2008, 00:18

Cripes, my mouse isn't THAT dirty.

My keyboard is pretty dusty though.

nataskapaus
New user

Post by nataskapaus » Jun 8th, 2008, 10:20

Shadowman wrote:Cripes, my mouse isn't THAT dirty.

My keyboard is pretty dusty though.
If you tipped mine upside down, enough food crumbs would fall out to feed somebody a decent meal. Its quite freaky when i clean it out.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Jun 17th, 2008, 08:14

Daedalus wrote:If you were me you'd get an old, no-holds-barred, noisy, clickety-clackety keyboard.
That I did, gentlemen. And it works fucking fantastic. I just strolled into Dick smith's (it's an electronics shop) looking for replacement gaming pads and thought hmmm... keybaords? And there it was! White, bland, ugly, yet so reliable.

I shall now return sunday night to MSN seeing as I've got a keyboard that puts the fun back into functional. 8)
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 19th, 2008, 17:42

Glad to hear it worked out, Dan. These damn wussy and shaped keyboards they spill these days are not for me. This entire, horrendous, cordless set up I've got here is unacceptable and I'll be looking for a decent keyboard and mouse soon enough. It seems that reliability is something of a mammoth request when it comes to machines and myself.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Jun 19th, 2008, 21:03

Mine is a classic wired Dell keyboard, never will i convert to wireless, it just oozes unreliability, plus batteries, wtf?

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jun 20th, 2008, 01:01

Dell keyboard like THIS?!
Cause that's my keyboard.