Jason Hall revealing his visit to 3DR

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Damien_Azreal
Pink on the Inside

Post by Damien_Azreal » Jun 8th, 2008, 15:49

Dimebog wrote: .....Jace's sweet talk about the next BLOOD game.
Possibility of a new Blood game. Jason can look into it, like he said he would... but that does not make it 100% certain he will be able to swing anything.

He has no connections or control to Monolith anymore. It's a great thought, and something I would love to see happen, but it's gonna take a lot more than just Jason to make it happen.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jun 8th, 2008, 16:07

Damien_Azreal wrote:He has no connections or control to Monolith anymore.
Uhhhhh, what? He broke his connections with Lith after Condemned? That's news for me. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were speculating, sir.
Damien_Azreal wrote:Possibility of a new Blood game. Jason can look into it, like he said he would... but that does not make it 100% certain he will be able to swing anything.
A 1% possibility of a new BLOOD game as described by Jace, is more exciting that 12 years of non-stop washing mouths and minds about DNF, millions of rumors, trailers fake and non-fake screenshots. It's all bullshit if you ask me. I already don't care for it and don't see why I should. This entire board is about BLOOD and not DNF.

Finally, I talked Daedalus into posting on Jace's profile page, so if there weren't for my enthusiasm in the first place, we wouldn't even have this much to be excited about and you telling us that we should just drop our hopes. If you are excited about a game that was certain to get out for the past twelve years, and not about this, then I really don't know what to say; i'm just stumped.
Last edited by Dimebog on Jun 8th, 2008, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jun 8th, 2008, 16:29

Damien_Azreal wrote:why not be excited for DNF being shown and looking awesome, and be excited because Jason is going to look into a possible future of Blood?
The answer to that question is: because nobody here is a junky or a mentally retarded idiot. We are all here to praise BLOOD and not be force-fed talks about a game that's gonna get out some time, and probably suck, AND NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BLOOD.

Why am I being so harsh? Because your attitude is downright insulting to everyone here.

Damien_Azreal
Pink on the Inside

Post by Damien_Azreal » Jun 8th, 2008, 16:35

My attitude is insulting? Sorry, I was unaware of that.

Was just adding to the conversation... but if I'm being insulting... sorry. I'm done.

Also, check out IGN's latest podcast. They ask Jace what his connections are to Lith these days. None. He left the company to work for Warner Bros after FEAR and Condemned were released.
He now heads up HD Films.

Again, sorry if I did in deed come across as insulting, twas not my intention. Just trying to discuss DNF, as I'm still a huge fan of 3DR and have faith in them to deliver when they are ready to.
And, I'm a huge fan in BLOOD and Jason. And yes, we are all here to praise Blood... but not every thread should be about the game. I was posting in this thread to discuss Jace and DNF. Sorry.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jun 8th, 2008, 16:40

Okay, here's the deal. Every thread would ideally be about BLOOD. Unfortunately we talk about it too little for this or that reason. This was a great opportunity.

Your attitude is wrong. You said 'why not be excited for DNF being shown and looking awesome, and be excited because Jason is going to look into a possible future of Blood?'. Because possible future of Blood is something we are excited about. DNF being shown and looking like Prey is nothing to do with it. It has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to discuss DNF. If you can find enough participants who are as much of DNF fans as you appear to be, go right ahead. But saying that we shouldn't be excited about a possibility of a perfect new Blood game is WRONG.

Jace Hall was already not in Monolith and was on a position in WB when he designed Condemned, for Monolith. So your other point doesn't stand either.

Damien_Azreal
Pink on the Inside

Post by Damien_Azreal » Jun 8th, 2008, 16:45

I wasn't meaning we shouldn't be excited about the possibility of a future Blood title, I was meaning why can't we be excited about both?

I excited about DNF, but also hugely excited about Blood's possible future. I never meant be happy for or the other... I mean, be happy for both.

And Jason is also not with WB directly any more. He does HDFilms now.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jun 8th, 2008, 16:49

Why not be excited about every game that is in development? There's plenty? Just because a certain title is hyped more than some other? It still nothing to do with Blood.

I was first excited about DNF when it was announced. The next time will be when it gets out.

Right now, I'll be excited about Blood.

Damien_Azreal
Pink on the Inside

Post by Damien_Azreal » Jun 8th, 2008, 17:08

To each his own. I'm not saying be excited just because.... but I know there are some people out there that do still believe in 3DR and DNF.

There's nothing wrong with being excited/interested in both at once. I wasn't trying to start or imply anything.

DNF interests me a lot, I'm a huge fan of DN3D and can't wait for any news/media on DNF. But, no denying I love Blood much more than DN3D... I have for years.

And I would love a new Blood title, be it a remake or a follow up. And it's nice to see Jason shares that love as well... and it's awesome he is going to look into a possible future for the IP.
But I'm going to maintain my excitement until something more solid becomes clear. :)

Again, I meant no insult or anything. I love my fellow Bloodites and would never want to upset them.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jun 8th, 2008, 17:21

I too like Dn3D, and having faith in 3DR has nothing to do with anything. DNF is stale news. They could release a footage every day from this point 'till the release, and I don't see why I should be excited. On the other hand this was now, it's fresh and surprising, and it's about BLOOD.

You need to agree that merely looking into the matters as you said is hella better than having forgotten about the title forever. And finally, if there was no desire to develop a new BLOOD game, there's no one to take the initiative. Jace apparently has a desire and a clear vision. On top of that his vision rules. On top of that he said he will look into it. It's just excellent news!

If there's really another BLOOD game, and it does justice to the original game we all loved, that's going to be one of the biggest events in some of our lives. DNF is not going to do much for me. I doubt it's going to be anywhere near the quality of it's prequel. And I would easily trade DN3D for a new BLOOD game, and let alone some DNF.

We should all just pray to the Dark God that something turns out of this... And we will still play DNF when it gets out. We already know it's getting out.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Jun 9th, 2008, 13:34

I don't care what anyone says... DNF can kiss my ass. I think I got over it before I even existed when they were talking about its announcement in the trenches of the second world war. Even with its supposed imminent release I still somehow doubt it'll ever come out at this rate.

Besides all that even DNF will pale and wither in the shadow of Jace's vision of Blood III.

Edit: I think they found some Egyptian heiroglyphics talking about DNF somewhere in Giza... :roll:

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jun 9th, 2008, 13:39

that'd be a shit hot thing.. Imagine Painkiller type graphics while playing Dark Carnival or Shipwrecked. They'd have to keep the sounds and music too though

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Jun 9th, 2008, 13:55

wangho wrote:that'd be a shit hot thing.. Imagine Painkiller type graphics while playing Dark Carnival or Shipwrecked. They'd have to keep the sounds and music too though
hard-on anyone?

hund_
New user

Post by hund_ » Jun 10th, 2008, 05:27

NAto wrote:
wangho wrote:that'd be a shit hot thing.. Imagine Painkiller type graphics while playing Dark Carnival or Shipwrecked. They'd have to keep the sounds and music too though
hard-on anyone?
omg and pcf got bought out by epic so pk engine licences might be cheap.

hard-on anyone?
point away from face and fire ;)
point away from face and fire

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Jun 12th, 2008, 18:29

Damien_Azreal wrote:Also, more concrete than 30 seconds of blurry gameplay? How about it's a minute... of blurry gameplay. :p And what about the two minute teaser trailer earlier this year, done in game. :)
Pffft, that's less than a minute by my watch...

Two minute teaser trailer? You mean that shitty thing with Duke pumping iron ? That was laughable as well.
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]