The Forgotten

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Mar 16th, 2008, 03:07

Some great eye candy we have here, the whole transformation, one game to another. I love the atmosphere, the dark decaying life, the rust and rotten surroundings. I have awkward moments where i'd desire to explore such a place, a place like the cursed struck shopping mall that's within silent hill 3, if you've played Requiem...

Oh what if those "if's" were factual, to wake up in a blood stained, mould patched bed, looking through a barred and rotten dust infested window where a red glow fights its way through to lighten that cold and wet room you call home.

I understand why they call it paradise.

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Mar 16th, 2008, 20:53

wangho wrote:does it haul watermelons?
Crates, naturally :lol:
Ella wrote:Some great eye candy we have here, the whole transformation, one game to another. I love the atmosphere, the dark decaying life, the rust and rotten surroundings. I have awkward moments where i'd desire to explore such a place, a place like the cursed struck shopping mall that's within silent hill 3, if you've played Requiem...

Oh what if those "if's" were factual, to wake up in a blood stained, mould patched bed, looking through a barred and rotten dust infested window where a red glow fights its way through to lighten that cold and wet room you call home.

I understand why they call it paradise.
I know what you mean, I love looking at photos of abandoned buildings and thinking about what it'd be like to be walking around those environments in the dark with a torch.

Of course I've played SH3, in fact I'm gonna start it for the third time soon 8)
[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Mar 16th, 2008, 23:13

Yeah, the silent hill world seems like the perfect holiday. I'm booking mine soon :P
Requiem wrote:Of course I've played SH3, in fact I'm gonna start it for the third time soon
Brilliant, i've just started again myself. I think i've played through 3 at least 5 times now, and even so it never ever becomes dull, not even for a second, i just love the locations, the way the game overpowers you. I'm trying to reach the highest difficulty myself.

I'd love to help out with the project if ever you need assistance Requiem.

oBe
The Mad Scientist

Re: The Forgotten

Post by oBe » Mar 17th, 2008, 21:30

Requiem wrote:
Awesome texturing
Requiem wrote: Image
The angle on the head of the hammer is wrong :P.

Requiem wrote:The insane detail somewhat dissected:

Madness, but it definately pays off.

And now, for the what's likely to be the stupidest question you'll ever get, so take good care of this one. I know it's a "mod" and everything, but is it necessairy to own Half Life to play this? Because, I don't know, the engine might be opensource by now, and I doubt you'll be using any HL content, like Barney.

It'd be kinda awkward having to pirate the whole game just to see one mod, you know :)

EDIT: because it's important

Requiem is a RIP OFF ARTIST!!! :D

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Mar 18th, 2008, 00:25

It's taken 4 pages before anyone's pointed that out, I'm impressed :lol: Actually that font was used originally in the opening credits to the film Se7en, so Monolith technically ripped it off Kyle Cooper who designed the original typeface. All I did was edit the image with PS since I had no actual typeface to work with, it's possible that the logo may change for the final product. I'm no rip-off artist thanks very much!
Awesome texturing
Thanks!
The angle on the head of the hammer is wrong
Eh? I took that reference from a photo of Leatherface in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre holding a sledgehammer so it's not wrong :?
And now, for the what's likely to be the stupidest question you'll ever get, so take good care of this one. I know it's a "mod" and everything, but is it necessairy to own Half Life to play this? Because, I don't know, the engine might be opensource by now, and I doubt you'll be using any HL content, like Barney.

It'd be kinda awkward having to pirate the whole game just to see one mod, you know
The engine isn't open-source unfortunately, so you will need the game to play it sadly. I did fiddle about with porting it to the darkplaces engine but it'd require too much extra effort to make it work and the project is already ambitious enough.

Pirating isn't encouraged here at Posty obviously, but if you did so for just one mod, then this one would most definately be worth that effort :P You can pick up Half-Life + Opposing Force + Blueshift + Counter-Strike for under £5 these days anyhow, so it's very cheap.. especially considering Blood would cost much more off of ebay.

Update for you all, another vehicle model converted over from a custom Source (HL2) model and reskinned from scratch by moi :D

[quote="Umnir"]The final boss of HL.. It's like running on sharp glass, acid raining on you while there's two pineapples in your ass sideways and bulldogs are trying to eat your balls.[/quote]

Shaggy
Pink on the Inside

Post by Shaggy » Mar 18th, 2008, 00:56

which automobile manufacturer paid you sweet sweet money for putting their sign on car's front and back? :>
signatures are irrelevant. they are for those naive simpletons, who think that they can sum their whole life philosophy in several worlds.
idiots.

Bruce777999
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bruce777999 » Mar 18th, 2008, 03:29

Looking great man.
Horror meets granTourismo :lol:

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 18th, 2008, 09:16

Requiem wrote:It's taken 4 pages before anyone's pointed that out, I'm impressed :lol: Actually that font was used originally in the opening credits to the film Se7en, so Monolith technically ripped it off Kyle Cooper who designed the original typeface. All I did was edit the image with PS since I had no actual typeface to work with, it's possible that the logo may change for the final product. I'm no rip-off artist thanks very much!
What's the font? What's the font?!

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 18th, 2008, 10:36

Requiem wrote:It's taken 4 pages before anyone's pointed that out, I'm impressed :lol:
:D I noticed it instantly but never noted about it.. But I didn't know it was from se7en (great movie!). :?
LOL HI!

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Mar 21st, 2008, 22:04

Shaggy wrote:which automobile manufacturer paid you sweet sweet money for putting their sign on car's front and back? :>
Haha, It's just some random logo I hacked together quickly, its meant to look a bit like ford.

The font doesn't have an official title, nor has it ever been released to my knowledge. If anyone can prove me otherwise, I will gladly lick their face with glee.

Thought the wheels on the patrol car were too fancy, which do you think works better?

Bruce777999
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bruce777999 » Mar 21st, 2008, 23:23

Requiem wrote:
Shaggy wrote:which automobile manufacturer paid you sweet sweet money for putting their sign on car's front and back? :>
Haha, It's just some random logo I hacked together quickly, its meant to look a bit like ford.

The font doesn't have an official title, nor has it ever been released to my knowledge. If anyone can prove me otherwise, I will gladly lick their face with glee.

Thought the wheels on the patrol car were too fancy, which do you think works better?
Right one looks more american.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Mar 22nd, 2008, 00:22

It's more zing.

Bling bling.

I prefer the vintage caddy look of the rims on the left one. But both are nice.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Requiem
Lightly Broiled

Post by Requiem » Mar 22nd, 2008, 19:05

Joe Pesci wrote:Fogging fog!
Jack's player model is a bit buggy, but it's still a placeholder as it's a reskinned Max Payne from MP2 which is illegal.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Mar 23rd, 2008, 09:35

@The pic: I've made up my mind. That pic rocks, and the car looks perfect.

@The quote: lol.

@Jack's model: He's creeping me out, man. :shock: Look at his position!
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 23rd, 2008, 21:17

I agree with bruce, the right police car looks better for me.
And the pic looks damn fine too. :o
LOL HI!