Goals

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Shaggy
Pink on the Inside

Post by Shaggy » Jan 18th, 2008, 21:40

i see you were playing against babylonians (?), mongols and aztecs. congrats on finishing.

EDIT: and by the way - you're horribly red. hitler, zapata, castro... yuck!
signatures are irrelevant. they are for those naive simpletons, who think that they can sum their whole life philosophy in several worlds.
idiots.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 18th, 2008, 21:49

Hah, my thanks, Shaggy. You are most perceptive to point out my opponents! (Yeah, they were Babylonians, along with Aztecs, Mongols, Vikings, Greeks and Chinese)

And I'll have you know that the score that was pushed off my list was Franklin D. Roosevelt of the American Free People! :P

Edit:

By request, this thread has been excised of political discussion. Have a nice day!
Last edited by Daedalus on Jan 20th, 2008, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jan 20th, 2008, 13:12

- I'm planning to get 55th rank in Call of Duty 4 MP.

- Planning to finish Undying again.

- Planning to get some Uber games going in Diablo 2 LoD with my friends.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Jan 20th, 2008, 13:22

Shame on me I know, but I'm dropping most of my goals now. I'm just going to finish Manhunt and see how high my rank can go. I'm also planning on doing youtube videos. Anyone familiar with this? I need to be able to upload videos longer than the bullshit 10 minute limit.
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Nathan Deringer
Pink on the Inside

Post by Nathan Deringer » Jan 20th, 2008, 13:25

Undying was one of those games I somehow never got to play despite the fact it caught my attention. I remember the trailer from my American McGee's Alice CD, maybe I should grab a copy off eBay and see what it's all about.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Feb 13th, 2008, 18:49

It's about time i splatter my goals down here.

1. Learn to use Doom Builder, hence learn to map for Doom first i'll start by learning the basics steadily moving up to advanced features. But the really challenge is coming up with creative ideas, i plan to start with Deathmatch than move onto CTF perhaps :)

2. A major one for me and i'll be damn proud if i accomplish it. Learn to use MapEdit to create my own Blood Maps :D let's face it Blood has and will always be a major impact upon our lives, what better way to show your love for a game than create new content for it (As seen in RATM, no other Blood addon matches it's excellence :)). I've heard rumours that the Build Engine is complicated to work with, you need to have a good understanding of it particularly concerning build sectors.

I'll probably get started in the summer, not enough time with studies breathing down my neck.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Feb 14th, 2008, 09:36

Beet all my friends at Alpha Centauri! :D Matt I'm gonna need some help k? ;)

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 14th, 2008, 12:35

NAto wrote:Beet all my friends at Alpha Centauri! :D Matt I'm gonna need some help k? ;)
Suck it up and play as Miriam Godwinson. :}
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Feb 14th, 2008, 13:03

Daedalus wrote:
NAto wrote:Beet all my friends at Alpha Centauri! :D Matt I'm gonna need some help k? ;)
Suck it up and play as Miriam Godwinson. :}
OHH NOOOEES... Those technologically backward zealots make me cringe. Oh well.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 14th, 2008, 13:33

Those technologically backward zealots can be the scariest team in the game with the right bargains made and knowledge diefed.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Feb 14th, 2008, 15:45

One of my original goals was to beat Manhunt 2 for the first time on Insane (which basically means no radar).

My goal is recognized.
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Bruce777999
Pink on the Inside

Post by Bruce777999 » Feb 14th, 2008, 18:40

Nathan Deringer wrote:Undying was one of those games I somehow never got to play despite the fact it caught my attention. I remember the trailer from my American McGee's Alice CD, maybe I should grab a copy off eBay and see what it's all about.
It's a great game. Play it.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Feb 14th, 2008, 20:28

Bruce777999 wrote:It's a great game. Play it.
I could say the same for Deus Ex and Thief: Deadly Shadows but i've yet to get my claws on them :roll:

Metroid47
Pink on the Inside

Post by Metroid47 » Feb 14th, 2008, 23:17

Krypto wrote:
Bruce777999 wrote:It's a great game. Play it.
I could say the same for Deus Ex and Thief: Deadly Shadows but i've yet to get my claws on them :roll:
Well, I personally can say Deus Ex is one of the best games I've played. But you gotta play it and see for yourself.
As for the Thief series, I never got the chance to play them on my XP and recently gave up trying to figure out how.
Up for some BloodBath action, via DOSBox? If so, send me a P.M.

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Feb 14th, 2008, 23:40

Drakan wrote:One of my original goals was to beat Manhunt 2 for the first time on Insane (which basically means no radar).
I remember just over two years ago i managed to complete Manhunt with a 5 start rank in each mission without dying once all throughout for about 2 hours (ish, maybe more), and everyone in the room was shit scared of me afterwards. I was really determined to do it.

Good times, good times.

5 of my friends just sat and watched me whilst handing me food since i just didn't stop until i finally finished, stealth games are like sex to me.