Goals

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Drakan
Well Done

Goals

Post by Drakan » Dec 9th, 2007, 13:03

Starting roughly this month I have decided to move beyond simply plowing through game after game and whoring up that number of finished games. I was going to make it a resolution, but seeing how chances are I won't have THAT much free time for the rest of this month, it commences now.

I have decided to implement ways of improving my overall skill at games by setting accomplishments. They are:

Timesplitters 2 and 3: Beat the entire arcade modes and achive as high of a rank as possible.

Manhunt: Run through the entire game without repeating a single level on Hardcore mode. Achieve at LEAST 80 of 100 star points in the whole game. Maximum points is 5 for every level. 4 for style, and 1 for time bonus.

Manhunt 2: Play the entire game the first time on Hardcore also. Seriously, after playing manhunt so often, that radar is starting to feel like... an "afterthought".

Serious Sam Next Encounter (Console exclusive): Achieve gold medals for all levels. They are all already finished and I will achieve gold at random levels. Hope to have at least all gold for the Roman levels by the end of the year 2008.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei: Attempt to finish on hard routes with minimal deaths and improve my rank and highscore.

Doom 2: To play as much as I can online to keep my experience sharp and hopefully improve by the end of the year.

And of course, finish more games.

Thanks for reading, but before I go, I must ask. Do any of you fellow bloodites have any goals to achieve or have perhaps achieved one before? Oh deathmasked one, I'm looking at you in particular! ;)
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 9th, 2007, 15:11

Goals in relation to gaming? Certainly. Some time ago I adopted the habit of playing everything I do on the highest difficulty, mainly because it prevents me from playing those games again! This is especially useful in the event of poor games.

I mostly play multiplayer now and I'll go through most games once and not touch them again, unless they're actually great, of course. Here are my current goals:

Civilization II: Crush the game on Deity. I don't know why, but I've never manned up and tried hardest. It's truly challenging, but my comfort zone is King difficulty (that's the third hardest, out of six difficulties) and I find some difficulty in leaving my comfort zone. This is probably the most serious on this list. A game of this fine prestige, that is, more than likely being the finest turn-based strategy in existence, deserves success on my part.

Deus Ex: Beat the game on realistic without saving, loading or dying. I've made it very far, but I haven't succeeded yet. The problem's that I get impatient in later maps and it takes just one little error and I lose about six to seven hours of play. I'm toying with the idea of letting this one go (hell, I've beaten the game on realistic without using any items, skillpoints or augmentations whatsoever, albeit with loading and lots of it). So I'm half-hearted on this one.

FEAR Perseus Mandate: Beat it on the hardest difficulty (the title escapes me for the moment). Of course, I need to actually own the product first! I've beaten the previous two on hardest and I've no doubt I'll be able to accomplish it.

Wolfenstein 3D and Quake on their respective hardest difficulties. I haven't got either yet, but I'll be getting Wolfenstein soon and I'm having some difficulty finding Quake (this is actually a lie as I've barely tried).

Dark Reign: I gave my heart and soul into fighting this game, then my save got corrupted on the second last level with the harder team to play with. I don't see myself ever claiming this one, hence it's in the 'games that have beaten you' thread. I surrender.

Starcraft II on hardest. :lol:

Turn the Postmortem into a bustling community, filled with pleasant individuals: I'm trying this on hell difficulty. On normal difficulty it's not so bad, but on hell people are very stubborn and quite stupid and the majority of them are Half-Life fans! It's very challenging and I can't seem to find the load button.

That's about it. The problem is that I don't really have the cash for video games these days and the fact that they're such garbage most of the time means that I can't risk forking out bucks for something that turns out to be nonsense. It's really comparable to Diablo II gambling -- I may just find that rare good item I'm looking for, but it's far more likely I'll just get common garbage. So I'm quite disconnected from the gaming market at the moment and I'm mostly sticking with the series I know. You know, sequels, expansions, the works. Beyond that I'm in limbo.

So when are you going to beat Doom on hardest? :lol:
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Dec 9th, 2007, 16:02

You DO realize you can mention accomplishments from before right? Or did deathmasking Blood escape you somehow? :D

By the way, I beat Plutonia on Ultra-Voilence, but considering I had to load from getting smashed sooooo many times, it doesn't really count much as a goal. Fucking hard work though!

Right now, I've earned 25 stars on Manhunt. Not bad, considering all those years back, being a noob meant nice low points to begin with. Most of the levels I know fairly well by now, so this goal shouldn't be too hard - I hope...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 9th, 2007, 16:43

Ah, right. So it's goals achieved and goals pending in one, I see.

So then I beat Quake 3 on Nightmare and Blood on Deathmask mode. (:

Oh no, dear Drakan, I wasn't talking about Ultra-Violence... :twisted:
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Vuzeth
Pink on the Inside

Post by Vuzeth » Dec 9th, 2007, 17:48

You know the lamest way to complete Quake3 on Nightmare?
Set fraglimit to 1. :wink:

Although I could beat several beginning tiers on my own, I was constantly getting killed by Xeron (or whatever the name) in the last level, guess I had to try harder.
AKA Ghoste

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 9th, 2007, 22:36

I could like to play Manhunt again... Very good game. However, I can't understand how stealth kills could be rated better than brutal face to face hammering though... Well, game mechanics I guess. I sorta liked those brawls.

Any game related goals? No.
LOL HI!

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Dec 9th, 2007, 22:41

I want to finish BLOOD on Deathmask mode while being naked.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Dec 9th, 2007, 23:28

I want to take a bath in blood and gently caress a young virgin while playing Dangerous Dave without losing a single life.
Long live the new flesh!

Krypto
Well Done

Re: Goals

Post by Krypto » Dec 13th, 2007, 19:15

Drakan wrote:
Doom 2: To play as much as I can online to keep my experience sharp and hopefully improve by the end of the year.
Do you wish to become as good as this? :wink:

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Dec 13th, 2007, 19:21

Dimebog wrote:I want to finish BLOOD on Deathmask mode while being naked.
And I'll put it on Youtube.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 13th, 2007, 21:06

Krypto wrote:Do you wish to become as good as this? :wink:
Ah come on, we can see your ping!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 13th, 2007, 23:33

Daedolon wrote:Ah come on, we can see your ping!
Good eye Jarmo i didn't notice that, ok here's one with me on an American server note the ping as well as the frags :)

Last edited by Krypto on Jun 26th, 2008, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 13th, 2007, 23:34

Krypto wrote:Good eye Matt
Daedalus is Matt. I'm J.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Dec 15th, 2007, 03:19

DAAAAAMN Krypt! Nice.... Especially the one with the high ping.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 18th, 2008, 19:21

I am pleased to announce that I beat Sid Meier's Civilization II on Deity difficulty! Woooooooooo-hoooooooooo! Okay, so I didn't beat my high score, but victory was all that mattered in this instance.