[RELEASE] Duke Hard - New 17 level episode for Duke Nukem 3D

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

[RELEASE] Duke Hard - New 17 level episode for Duke Nukem 3D

Post by Daedolon » Jun 23rd, 2014, 17:39

Duke Hard

A Duke4.net community episode

Seeing how this is a forum dedicated to a BUILD engine game, I thought you guys might be interested in this.

Duke Hard was just released. It's a new 17 map community build project episode featuring 15 mappers: Cage, Daedolon, Dukebot, Forge, High Treason, James, MetHy, Micky C, Mikko Sandt, Mister Sinister, MRCK, Paul B, Steambull, Stumpy, Taivo.

This was rather long in the making, but I'm glad it's finally out. It's probably the largest Duke Nukem 3D release ever in terms of people involved in.

It's EDuke32 only because it's the only version that supports more than 11 maps in a single episode. Plus we added some bonus features for anyone who completes the whole episode without cheating.
  1. Download the latest version of EDuke32.
  2. Copy DUKE3D.GRP from your GOG.com version or from the original Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition CD. If you're using Megaton, you can skip this step, as EDuke32 will automatically locate the file and use it.
  3. Download Duke Hard and extract it to the same directory.
  4. Launch EDuke32 and choose "dukehard" from the "Custom game content directory" -drop down menu.
  5. Enjoy.
I'm hoping at least one of you guys will enjoy playing it.

Trailer

Screenshots
Spoiler: show

Now back to the standard schedule.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: [RELEASE] Duke Hard - New 17 level episode for Duke Nuke

Post by Daedalus » Jun 24th, 2014, 11:18

But where are the J screamshots?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jun 25th, 2014, 05:10

Spoiler: show
Bottom one.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 25th, 2014, 10:45

This looks quite supreme, my liege.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jun 25th, 2014, 18:04

It's completely unlike what I'm used to mapping so I got a mapper's block for the design. But it plays really well imo.