The Official Posty Diablo Thrice Thread

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

The Official Posty Diablo Thrice Thread

Post by Daedalus » May 7th, 2012, 22:08

Hail, one and all!

For those of you who've been living under a rock, Diablo III's release is just over a week away! As Posty loves video games, I thought it would be prudent to make a thread in advance to discuss the game and such.

So, have you played the beta? What are you expecting? Are you stoked? Do you not give two shits? What will your first character be? Do you plan on playing all the characters? Did you play the beta? Did you erase the source code with a giant magnet? Did you play the theta?

As to myself, I suspect the game will be amazing in its gameplay, but I think it might fall short of my exceedingly high artistic expectations of the series because of staff changes, and Blizzard's horrid WoW directive. I will definitely be playing a female wizard on my first playthrough (because no contemporary RPGs seem capable of getting male wizard armour quite right), and I think I might be a bit of an exclusive wizard player unless I see something in one of the other classes which really captures my attention.

And, yeah, I'm supremely excited.

So speak your piece, bastards and barbarians! Let's hear what you've got to say! Oh, and please try and keep the spoiler tags handy for any future contributions which may ruin the experience for others.

Good day how may I serve you!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Re: The Official Posty Diablo Thrice Thread

Post by Umnir » May 7th, 2012, 22:25

Hmm, my friend is buying it, so we are taking break from weekend drinking. Besides, gotta bring flowers for mother's day and take rest at the countryside. Week after that, I have extended weekend (four days) and my cousin is coming in town so we can get heavily wasted.
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 8th, 2012, 09:31

I shall be your clone.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 8th, 2012, 10:43

Good to hear it, my lord! I've a friend who's incredibly keen to play it with me, so although I consider it to be a bit of a poor reason, it seems likely that I'll put in a day of leave on the first day of its release.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 8th, 2012, 10:56

I'm not actually being able to finance it on its release day.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 8th, 2012, 11:39

Damn! When do you think you'll be able to get it? It is pretty pricey...

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » May 8th, 2012, 18:21

I preordered the CE for 90e.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 9th, 2012, 07:49

I shall have to see.

There's a slight dilemma, but I'll talk it over MSN.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 9th, 2012, 10:33

Dimebog wrote:I preordered the CE for 90e.
Moar.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 10th, 2012, 15:58

Maybe.... maybe!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 14th, 2012, 11:42

It's coming, it's comingggggggggggggggg.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 14th, 2012, 13:40

Lähetetty 2012-05-14 10:52:45
Spoiler: show
I, umm, might be a little late on the party (Wednesday), we will have to wait and see.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 15th, 2012, 03:13

Oh well, I'm playing Diablo III atm.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » May 15th, 2012, 09:09

I'm gonna be late to the party, my CE will only arrive tomorrow if everything goes as planned.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » May 15th, 2012, 12:21

Actually I was just informed that I should be getting it any moment now. Awesome news.