Any really good Hexen mods/maps?

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Alex2501
Still Kicking

Any really good Hexen mods/maps?

Post by Alex2501 » Jul 25th, 2011, 16:20

Hey all. I'm wondering if you guys know any really amazing mods/maps and etc for Hexen for Zdoom or GZdoom or whatever. Hexen is in my Top 10 FPS but two things really hinder the game: Confusing level design. And a lack of weapons. Seriously only 4 weapons including the weak starting weapon which is pretty worthless later on and the super weapon/BFG equivalent which consumes so much ammo that you can't use it nearly as much as you'd like without cheat codes.

Drakan
Well Done

Re: Any really good Hexen mods/maps?

Post by Drakan » Jul 27th, 2011, 04:33

Resurrection of Chaos has been an interesting item. It has far less confusing maps and at least an extra weapon for each class from Heretic. Be warned of the absurd hordes of not only the native Hexen populace, but some additional monsters as well... I'm looking to record some Co-op for it if you're interested.
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Alex2501
Still Kicking

Post by Alex2501 » Jul 27th, 2011, 12:57

Ah, it looks like that one just stuck together a bunch of random maps and added Doom monsters. http://zdoom.org/wiki/Resurrection_of_Chaos

I don't mind other fantasy-themed monsters being used, such as Witchaven enemies, but when it uses enemies that don't even fit the setting it kinda' takes you out of it, it becomes like an FPS version of Mugen.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Jul 28th, 2011, 13:48

I vaguely remember reading about that, now. Hm, I'll keep looking then. it's still kind of fun anyway.
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...