The Posty Desktop Thread - I Lost It Edition

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Shadowman
The Posty Baby

The Posty Desktop Thread - I Lost It Edition

Post by Shadowman » Dec 29th, 2010, 20:50

Hi guys. I'm curious again- what images do you have on your desktops? How are they organized? What is the square root of pi?

So post screenshots of your desktops here. You'll probably have to use thumbnails, since the Forum's layout is not yet fluid.

For starters, here's my new one, with fancy new Dock icons on the top!

Blood's not on there yet because two days into having the macine, Windows update corrupted the OS, leading me to have to reinstall Windows again.

So come on guys. Let's see those desktops!
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: The Posty Desktop Thread - I Lost It Edition

Post by Daedalus » Dec 29th, 2010, 20:56

Am I allowed to cheat and clean it first?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 29th, 2010, 21:01

I'd probably have to, I tend to keep some personal stuff I might need that given point in the timeline on my desktop.

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Dec 29th, 2010, 21:10

Is it like, the tenth thread of this kind already?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 29th, 2010, 21:11

Only the second, surprisingly. It seems an unwritten law dictates that each forum must have a thread of this kind once in a while.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 29th, 2010, 21:17

Nice landscape. I used to use Opera too but I switched to Firefox because Opera didn't support Quake Live at the time.

Now it does but I'm too lazy to switch again.

Anyway here's mine :

The test mode thing is because you have to enable test mode to use a driver that allows you to upgrate your mouse USB polling rate to 500 / 1000 Hz. I could make it invisible with another software but I don't really like to use tons of weird things on my computer.

Also, I don't know why I didn't get rid of the bin, I think I didn't find a way to remove it.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 29th, 2010, 21:21

One needs to right clicky to see.
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 29th, 2010, 21:34

You only have Posty open. I like that.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Dec 30th, 2010, 02:24

I s'pose you're allowed to clean it first.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 30th, 2010, 13:11

I have an affection for the infinite splendour of the cosmos. I didn't clean nothin sonny boy, you ain't got nothin on me! :D

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/ ... rothel.jpg

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 30th, 2010, 13:12

You so cleaned that.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Dec 30th, 2010, 18:33

Page not found! D:

But also, before you said the thing about the cosmos, the URL led me to believe it had something to do with a brothel.

Oh wait there it is. Didn't realize it was a link. Derp.
Krypto and I are Avast! buddies.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Dec 30th, 2010, 18:59

Total mess, no cleanup done prior to capturing. I only have icons on my right desktop though (I'm dualscreen).

http://c2g.deathmask.net/dimes_private/desktop.jpg
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Dec 31st, 2010, 02:31

Stylish Shodan there, Dime. The whole lot's nice and natural.

I've got the terrible habit of letting my desktop turn into a dog's breakfast before purging it. It's busy getting near to critical mass now, but you should've seen it before the last purge. Terrible stuff.

Here's mine now: Matt's Desktop (it's actually amusingly incriminating for those in the know)

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Dec 31st, 2010, 05:41

I use more than one computer, and the monitors are all widescreen.

I've installed Windows 7 on all of them, except one which runs Linux Ubuntu (Gutsy Gibbon). All of them have very minimalist layouts. I usually save all downloads to the desktop, but each session I will clean up the desktop by finding a place for every downloaded item. This usually means at any given time, I have only my Recycle Bin in the corner.

Most of my desktop wallpapers have something related to Toad from Mario Bros. Toad is awesome. That is all.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."