Video Game Music

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: Video Game Music

Post by Daedolon » Jan 11th, 2011, 03:54

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Anyways there is a piece from "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain" which reminds of me going through a doomed city and going through the Vatican while discovering it's horrible secrets it hides below...

I'm still really sad that we haven't gotten a proper quality soundtrack release, aside from the four mp3s that are a tad better quality than the in-game music.

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Jan 13th, 2011, 22:32

....technically >_>
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 26th, 2011, 17:15

Ello ello what's all this then? Percussion, bass, pfft I am not honed in musical terminology sounds rather discordant at parts.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 26th, 2011, 20:35

Good ol' Infuscomus sounds good in any form, although the intensity is lost a little towards the end (my second-favourite part of the CD track and favourite from the midi).

As for this sample, just a shift in instrumentation, right, Dime?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Mateos
New user

Post by Mateos » Jan 26th, 2011, 20:58

First, +1 for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Ecco The Dolphin, Doom and of course Blood (Yes, I've taken a look to the whole thread :P).

I just miss few ones there:
Painkiller:

Painkiller: Resurrection:

Duke Nukem 3D (Surprised there's no link yet here):

Killing Floor:

Painkiller has the best OST for me, and I just shared the only awesome music from Resurrection one. All musics are good in this game, but this one is the best...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 26th, 2011, 21:10

Mateos wrote:First, +1 for ... Ecco The Dolphin
=D
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Mateos
New user

Post by Mateos » Jan 29th, 2011, 20:30

Daedalus wrote:
Mateos wrote:First, +1 for ... Ecco The Dolphin
=D
I had it on my Windows 95, and bought it during the Christmas sales on Steam ;)

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Mar 4th, 2011, 00:26

Delicious acoustics.

All my yesterdays gone with the wind into that dreary horizon.

Callum Sanderson
New user

Post by Callum Sanderson » Mar 16th, 2011, 21:33

Spoiler: show

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jul 8th, 2011, 01:26

Arise you hibernating cunts! Did your ear drums burst and bleed a stream?

One of my favourite air shooter's as memory recalls, if not for the razor edged balance in difficulty and challenge as opposed to the relentless audacity of Darius, Gradius and R-Type commencing an overwhelming onslaught of projectiles from every direction with arbitrary traps and an unanticipated multitude of differing attack patterns, Area 88 / U.N Squadron prefers to launch groups of enemies with similiar and therefore recognizable attack patterns in groups appearing from the same regions of the screen, making spontaneous deaths a more rare occurence, the addition of a health bar certainly inhibits accumulating rage.

Also unique is the ability to purchase optional powerups before heading into the fray through the medium of accumulating assets while you tear metal tin cans and gargantuac monstrousities a new one, and upgrading your aircraft allowing access to a greater breadth of armanents while in some instances modifying the firing pattern of your normal weapon entirely.

Oh and the adrenaline rushing soundtrack complements the frantic pace of the gameplay, but haven't you come to expect that of classic Capcom?

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jul 17th, 2011, 21:08

Lee Jackson you groovy motherfucker!

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Jul 23rd, 2011, 20:28

Argh, I still need to get the full version of ROTT. Yes, I only have the shareware version.

Anyway, I've been listening to Blood 2's soundtrack lately. This seems to be my favourite at the moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgr5GO3ZpYw
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jul 24th, 2011, 04:00

I suppose you could say this is the metroid prime title song. Beautiful, mighty.
Another example of Japanese daring in videogame music composing, opposed to too "conservative" worshipping of "real" "instruments" and "players"..
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jul 27th, 2011, 15:29

Joebama wrote:Argh, I still need to get the full version of ROTT. Yes, I only have the shareware version.
Well, you can definitely get it from GOG.com. If you don't already have an account, please support The Postmortem and create one using this link.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jul 27th, 2011, 19:14

Joebama wrote:Argh, I still need to get the full version of ROTT.
Spoiler: show
:trollface: Problem?
LOL HI!