Video Game Music

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Ella
Restraint Resistant

Re: Video Game Music

Post by Ella » Dec 2nd, 2010, 23:13

One of the most (if not the most) dramatic Resident Evil theme created:

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 3rd, 2010, 00:36

Further Jesper Kyd praise:
(I feel so alone praising him, and not many responding, but I'll do it anyway)

LOL HI!

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 3rd, 2010, 00:39

Try to think of mightier theme
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Dec 3rd, 2010, 01:03

Did you already do the Hitman 2 song that plays during the Russian missions. That song was bad-ass, and I used to listen to it while exercising for the added epic-fuelled adrenaline. The flutes and drums at 0m33s are my favorite bit.

"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:47

Indeed.
Wow, praising and no one commenting. :D
Wtf do I write when I drinkx.
LOL HI!

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Dec 9th, 2010, 05:56

AND NOW LETS FAG THINGS UP!

Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 10th, 2010, 00:56

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, totally awesome.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 18th, 2010, 11:48

Top down search and destroy shooter for the SNES. Emulates an arcade feel in design and gameplay. Duration is short consisting of around 2 hours, no password or options screen merely a leap into the game, from memory you have 2 or 3 lives nothing more and I am not certain whether one can acquire 1UP's.

The plot consists of a soldier whom having been resurrected through cybernetic implants, returns to a laboratory wheir inter-stellar research has resulted in a rip in the space time continium. Leading to multitudes of cybernetic viruses/androids pouring into the earthern realm and assimilating the complex to mimic their own artifical cyber world, through the implementation of processors which radically alter the realm to a more cybernetic look. As you work your way through the infested grids of cold steel and electronic hangers, destroying various pieces of machinery returns the complex to it's former human crafted appearence.

A feature which considerably impresses me is the use of flash back scenes encountered through interfacing with control panels, to weave a story of how the laboratory was assimilated. Features 4 weapons and 2 item implants, with a industrial techno soundtrack? I perceive.

Haha at the 'Fr' in the link.

I particularly like the build up from this ominous, sinister opening to a raging whirl of techno beats. Resonating the sensation of incoming hostiles.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 18th, 2010, 13:33

"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Dec 21st, 2010, 00:37

One of the most terrifying and suspenseful soundtracks I've heard is in the PSX version of Doom. Blends very well with the ambiance in the Phobos levels. Aubrey Hodges' talent shows here, but he mostly does sports games now. They need more like him in the horror gaming scene.

A high-tech base crawling with the horrors that came out of an inter-dimensional gateway, you are by yourself, this track compliments it excellently, making it loaded with the feeling of Doom as you walk through the abandoned corridors. Very atmospheric.

Frightening...

Not really scary, but brings that aftermath mood - many soldiers have died in an attempt to control a disaster, and this track shows on the sad aspect

The opening and intermission tracks were brilliant.

<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Dec 25th, 2010, 20:02

I know Silent Hill has been mentioned. I'm just surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

I remember leaving my PS1 on when I was a kid and just letting the intro loop so I could listen to this song :lol:
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 4th, 2011, 11:58

Sparks the essence of an intricate office based environment, teaming with the fragance of diplomacy, negotiation and friendly communion, but with the incision of covert operation planning.

Stalking the decaying, derelict industrious streets. With the cacophonious whistle of wind in the air, feel like an insectoid caught in a monolithic jungle sprawling in all direction to no horizon's end. Intense combat music captures the flame of panic! Then we have the sinister events of the underworld breaking through the effluvium, the scent of drug trafficking is at hand.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 4th, 2011, 16:10

Umnir wrote:
Here's a fun tidbit. I love the song but I have only played AMOK and Blood Money.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 4th, 2011, 16:21

Hehe, that's cool! Thanks for sharing that.
LOL HI!

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jan 11th, 2011, 03:51

I don't know why I haven't replied to this thread after all this time but what the hell I might as well anyways...

Anyways there is a piece from "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain" which reminds of me going through a doomed city and going through the Vatican while discovering it's horrible secrets it hides below...

Of course another piece from "Time Splitters" which reminds me of going through some scientific based level and such.

Of course perfect final boss music from "Shadow Man" which at the same time has a sense of dread.

I'll post more later.