Backwards Compatibility Solutions — Widescreen and Gameplay

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
NAto
Well Done

Re: Backwards Compatibility Solutions — Widescreen and Gamep

Post by NAto » Jan 31st, 2012, 08:50

lol

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Apr 13th, 2013, 00:40

If anyone is still interested in Age of Empires II, I came across it's apparent re-release under a HD edition.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Apr 14th, 2013, 00:09

Krypto wrote:If anyone is still interested in Age of Empires II, I came across it's apparent re-release under a HD edition.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/
That's pretty cool actually. Current AOEII is bit tricky to get working properly in modern systems without it looking like acid trip, and the multiplayer is old technically. I would be interested in buying this and multiplaying but then I remember that the mighty knights of the virgin chambers are too spartan in their was mastery that I leave this fine game to be enjoyed amongst friends.

Besides, I tend to like multiplayers in same room types of games these days with friends and beer anyway.
LOL HI!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 25th, 2015, 22:02

Is their any way to get old installers/software from Windows 95/XP days to install on a Windows 7 64-bit machine without resorting to virtual machines or alternative methods?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 25th, 2015, 22:45

Your question's far too broad. Each game has its own challenges and idiosyncrasies, so I cannot answer.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 25th, 2015, 23:02

Ah sorry I was referring to weird contraptions such as Unlock the Secrets Interactive Guides for Duke Nukem 3D and Blood, not any particular game xD

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 25th, 2015, 23:07

Hm, it's been a few years since I watched that laughable "guide".

Isn't it simply a handful of videos? It's not a video game as such.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 25th, 2015, 23:29

Understood. No problem then I was merely curious if a solution could extend to several programs..

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 25th, 2015, 23:31

There are many solutions, but there is no skull key that can solve every problem.

Some will run simply using compatibility mode. Some will be perfectly happy with virtual machines. Some are perfectly happy with Dosbox. Then you sometimes get the real bastards that are a nightmare to get remotely functional on just about anything.