Which games have you beaten?

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Re: Which games have you beaten?

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 8th, 2011, 17:02

Joebama, how did you like Bioshock?

I played the game obsessively until completing it when it first hit the XBox360, then I played it on PC again and began to see "yeah, this is a nice FPS but not so novel for the PC".

The game really impressed me with its presentation - its use of 1950s music, Art Deco aesthetics, and the Ayn Rand style storyline all works really well together. Some of the game mechanics were annoying though.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Aug 8th, 2011, 20:31

Yeah, I loved BioShock. It's atmosphere was pulled off really well. The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that I was expecting a slightly creepier and scarier game. It only made me jump once, in the dental surgery room in the Medical Pavilion.
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Sep 8th, 2011, 05:40

I have just finished playing Portal 2.

This game is one of the very few recent games I've played that managed to improve on a good prequel. Portal 1 got 90 on Metacritic, and Portal 2 got 95. I agree with this rating completely - the second game is universally equal to, and in many places superior to, its predecessor.

And that's no mean feat, given how well-written and well-designed the prequel was. Well worth the investment.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Sep 10th, 2011, 06:32

I have beaten every last level in SWAT4 and its addon, on Elite difficulty, at 100% score.

I can finally put this game away. God damn.

Good game, too.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 12th, 2011, 23:19

I applaud you.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Sep 14th, 2011, 10:33

Beat Deus Ex 3. Towards the end of next month I'll try beat it again to complete my impression and then write up a fat review.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Sep 19th, 2011, 14:02

Beat it again. I am in the process of completely completing it a third and final time to complete my complete impression and then I shall write up a complete review for this incomplete thread in completeness.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Sep 19th, 2011, 20:28

I too, have completed the high profile Deus Ex 3 this week. I expected a better game, but it has a good story to tell nonetheless.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Sep 20th, 2011, 01:44

On the other hand I can't see how it could have been a better game except for the fact that the story was not as good as I hoped it would.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Sep 20th, 2011, 16:51

I finished Portal 2, both co-op and singleplayer (in that order).

The co-op is very well written but has no real overlying plot. It's a collection of excellent brain-tickling two-player puzzles to solve.

The singleplayer really shines. The quality of the puzzles is consistently high (except where comic relief dictates) but the plot is even more central than in Portal 1. The game manages to make the player truly care about a couple of computers - in itself no mean feat. The end confrontation is wonderfully over-the-top, but if you've been paying attention, it's still within the feasible limits of the plot.

Well recommended.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 20th, 2011, 17:01

What a shame.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Sep 23rd, 2011, 10:26

And... beat Deus Ex 3 again. I'm done with it. DONE.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 23rd, 2011, 14:51

What a shame.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Sep 24th, 2011, 21:31

Just beat my kid
too easy
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Sep 24th, 2011, 22:18

Umnir, when you have kids, you should name then Control, Alt, and Delete so when shit goes wrong you can just hit them all at once.