What games are you playing? Chapter II

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Re: What games are you playing? Chapter II

Post by Status Cruo » Oct 29th, 2013, 14:22

I want Paskapommin, whatever it is.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 30th, 2013, 21:34

My pröblems with Alpha Centauri:

- Isometric view. Unnecessary. Messy. Uninformative. Forces basically you to control your units with mouse (numpad doesn't even work in this game) and it makes the game feel stiff and not fun.

- Gameplay is too slow and complex. Customizable units? I don't fucking want that! And the gameplay seems to do lots of decisions for you anyway. I don't fucking want to know when my turn is over! I FUCKING TELL WHEN THE TURN IS OVER!

- Messy graphics. Alien noodles raid the shit of your base. You don't have any idea what you are attacking or defending against. How about civ 1 graphics: clear blocs that state color (civilization) and clear picture of unit. Attacking catapult with chariots.. I can dig that. In AC you attack.. tin things with tin things.

- Science fiction terminology mambo jambo. Fucking technology, like "hydro psi-magnet prism" and then some fucking pseudo-philosophic bullshit explaining that doesn't interest the shit of me. "Mathematics, currency, horseback riding", how does that sound? Logical! You can imagine what things those bring. How about AC? Such shit like "plasma dildo overdriver, faggot dispenser, homo stabilization".. fuck! WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE? I DON'T GIVE A FUCK AND I DON'T WANT TO READ! I read fucking books, not games!

I can't see me playing this game.
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 31st, 2013, 14:21

Yep, based on your criticism I can definitely say that Alpha Centauri's not for you, Umnir.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 31st, 2013, 15:10

I started playing CIV 1 and you know what? It's still so damn addicting!
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 31st, 2013, 16:10

A timeless masterpiece, yesss.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Nov 19th, 2013, 20:30

Nothing at the moment due to a lack of free time/interest however I'm contemplating whether this sparks my interest or not - Wrack apparently it's an oldschool FPS based on the dynamics of Doom, Megaman and Contra etc, but when it mentions hordes of monsters in the description that brings back very sour memories of an overhyped monotonous Serious Sam, so if it is just referring to enemy selection then for god sakes be more precise! Just oldschool corridor blasting action, unfortunately the trailer heavily detracts from any attempt to show any decent length of gameplay.

Just have a nice simple gameplay trailer not a pseudo fuckery nonsense of movie mish mash and useless interjecting slogans, then again since when was your decision to buy a game based solely on an obscure and vague trailer rather then a potential demo or gameplay footage?

I was thinking of buying Mageslayer It was made by Ravengames so that's promising enough, but any remarks on how it plays from anyone else?

I still won't forgive Mobygames for following suit towards the technotronic social media fuckfest abomination of Internet webpage design, you bastards.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Nov 19th, 2013, 21:51

I have mageslayer laying somewhere. I love that game!
LOL HI!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Nov 19th, 2013, 22:19

UMNIR APPROVES.

I shall buy it!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Nov 20th, 2013, 12:31

Mageslayer is like the retard cousin of Take No Prisoners. It's a Gauntlet clone that feels more like Quake. It is rather good but to me it's always overshadowed by TNP.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Nov 22nd, 2013, 02:26

I'm 25% through "Metal Fatigue" right now. I had forgotten how fun and challenging it was. I think I'll do "Populous: The Beginning" next.

Two nice titles that never really got the recognition they deserved.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Nov 22nd, 2013, 13:39

Krypto wrote:UMNIR APPROVES.

I shall buy it!
Awesome. 8)
I didn't find my box. It must be at my parents house. I must inspect next time I'm there.
LOL HI!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 6th, 2013, 15:27

Been playing Tedd's kick ass French Meat Blood Addon after all this time D: Left a review in the sticky thread in zee Blood section because for some reason it won't acknowledge those as recent posts.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 15th, 2013, 16:22

Finally got around to playing Death Wish 2 years after it's release funnily enough, because at the time I only had VDMSound and it didn't cooperate well and considering it's been through several updates I waited until the right opportunity. I will have to write a dissertation to complement my experiences :shock:

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 15th, 2013, 21:52

Bought the entire bullfrog games catalog in gog as holiday offer for some 13 dollars. My favorite company ever with looking glass. So now Im playing dungeon keeper. Wow, long time. Still great, addictive game!
LOL HI!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 15th, 2013, 23:08

Bullfrog.. That definitely rings a bell! I was playing that at my friend's house in childhood, in the mid 90's on a Windows 98 PC. hmm yummy :D