What games are you playing? Chapter II

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Re: What games are you playing? Chapter II

Post by Dimebog » Jul 11th, 2015, 04:18

Witchaven II scared the shit out of me as a kid. I still hold it in a fond memory. At the time it seemed hard as fuck too.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jul 11th, 2015, 07:20

Witchaven definitely has a genuine demonic and satanic atmosphere to it with the more darker and realistic graphics in contrast to Hexen which looks cartoony with a cool gothic theme. For one the monster models in Witchhaven are made out of clay/photo realistic animation whatever the term is similar to Blood giving them that creepy realistic look to them when they move.

The objects used in game also enhance this with the grotesque, vivid tortured and mutilated bodies in the original, you can see severed hands in chains, full bodies impaled on pikes and even hearts on spikes like Mortal Kombat! Not to mention how gory it is, especially the sequel where human opponents collapse in a bloody oozing mess after being slain.

The soundtrack is also haunting and filled with grim despair rather than anything up beat, it also boasts some spectacular sort of Ancient Nordic Viking themes as well which are more odious rather than heroic.

Nearly everyone I've seen who is familiar with the sequel says it's hard as shit, but I think it's an over sight in not adjusting oneself to the new mechanics you have to learn to outwit the new human combatants which are the source of this outcry. They definitely got that right kicking the difficulty curve way up as the original was fun but easy due the A.I being to simple and the over abundance of items.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Jul 19th, 2015, 10:59

Other than OUWB, a self-imposed, perpetual gaming ordinance, I'm actually having a real good time re-playing "Beastorizer", easily my favorite arcade game (don't forget to flip the right switches and enable the right option, otherwise you'll be getting sparkles instead of blood when somebody takes damage from claws or teeth)

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jul 24th, 2015, 19:13

Cool the concept sounds similar to Darkstalkers.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 16th, 2015, 23:18

One day I should go through both Witchaven games.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Aug 29th, 2015, 19:54

Krypto wrote:Cool the concept sounds similar to Darkstalkers.
Boy you dug up some serious bones! I remember that game being on the local arcade like 20 years ago, but I never cared for it. Maybe I should give it a try.

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Dec 16th, 2015, 19:35

Been playing a lot of Killing Floor 2 lately. Its terribly addicting and way more polished than the first game ever was.
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

steelsong
New user

Post by steelsong » Dec 17th, 2015, 01:29

I'm a new person. I've been playing Quake lately on nightmare difficulty, those shamblers are terrifying on that difficulty. It's pretty fun though.

steelsong
New user

Post by steelsong » Dec 18th, 2015, 01:05

I've played the original killing floor. It's pretty fun, I liked the steampunk character models and melee weapon combat.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 7th, 2016, 11:13

Slowly playing Kentucky Route Zero.
If you are looking for easy (no puzzles) adventure game, with amazing artistic visual and audio style and immersive deep atmosphere, I highly recommend it! I think there are still two episodes to come and they are coming SLOW but even just these three it's amazing. I love it!

LOL HI!

Sir Seizhak
Pink on the Inside

Post by Sir Seizhak » Jan 7th, 2016, 14:36

Now playing Mageslayer

Cabal's Return Add-On. Wait for it.

BloodHispano. The best Spanish Blood website!

steelsong
New user

Post by steelsong » Jan 9th, 2016, 03:42

Cool, how is it I've never heard of this game it looks good. I like the top down perspective, artistic representation, and engine. I'm gonna try to look for a nice copy of the game when I have time. I'm just a sucker for old school 90's fantasy games.
Not dead... yet.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 9th, 2016, 11:57

I thiught I had sold mageslayer, but I found it from my closet. I'm glad as I am more fond of that compared to hexen I sold.
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 10th, 2016, 15:31

Mageslayer is amazing, but the two Vampire engine games much, much better. Necrodome and Take No Prisoners, the latter especially goes at the very top of my all time favourite games list.