What games are you playing? Chapter II

Discussion about things related to computers, games and internet.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

What games are you playing? Chapter II

Post by Daedolon » Jun 9th, 2009, 22:45

Continued from Chapter I.

Post what games are you playing currently, not last year or next month...

Last game I played was Far Cry 2:
Image Image Image
Last edited by Daedolon on Jun 9th, 2009, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

ZedSlayer
New user

Post by ZedSlayer » Jun 9th, 2009, 22:49

Team Fortress 2. I play spy mostly.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jun 9th, 2009, 22:51

Still Fear2 MP, UT2004 (a little), and good old BLood.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 10th, 2009, 00:12

Le Babe said in previous post:
Ahhh, I love HOMAM !!!!

Never played the 3rg though. Lot of the second, my personnal favourite, and lot of the 4th, really really good too with heroes that take part in the fights (something some players hated). I liked both ^^.
Well, you are losing a lot because third is the best from the series if you ask me!
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 10th, 2009, 00:16

I couldn't really get into Heroes III, but I've conquered II completely, played I and I've got some experience in IV. V doesn't appeal to me. I'm leaving now, because all these roman numerals have made me feel ill.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 10th, 2009, 02:23

I've never played IV, but I've heard that many don't like it. It guess the developers wanted to "advance" to something too new, abandoning too much from the series. V however, was return to the more traditional homam gameplaywise and spiritually. The minuses with V are the useless spinning 3D enviroment and the faggoty growth of elves and dwarves.. Please, keep that shit down next time developers! :)
LOL HI!

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Jun 10th, 2009, 09:58

I don't have time to play WoW anymore, so I decided I needed something to keep me busy in short bursts - So I got myself Orange Box and I've been playing some TF2... damn that game is fun :shock:

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 10th, 2009, 10:18

That's interesting, Umnir. I didn't realise V took a few steps back that made IV be so faggy. I just saw from pics that it looked like WarCraft III and wrote off the product instantly.

Now we should all stop being noobs and get back to playing King's Bounty! :D
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 10th, 2009, 11:03

Lalz, my brother finished that game once.. I haven't played it. :/
LOL HI!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jun 10th, 2009, 14:58

Daedalus wrote:but I've conquered II completely
SANDRO, FTW !

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 10th, 2009, 15:07

Word, Le Babe, word.

The only thing I can add is that for total success, always choose the barbarian. :)

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jun 10th, 2009, 15:29

Daedalus wrote:Word, Le Babe, word.

The only thing I can add is that for total success, always choose the barbarian. :)
Well, I hate them because of their low cost units that always kick ass. They are great, I just can't stand them because my brother take them and kicks my ass often.

I'm more a necromancer person you see ^^. Seriously, skeletons are the most awesome unit in this game haha. Wizards too, with exellent Dragons, but need a looooot of resources for all the units.

The only thing I can add is...killing farmers is entertaining.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jun 10th, 2009, 15:34

Yes, the Necromancers are really great, but I just hate the lack of range until liches. I've had a game with over 15k skeletons. ;D

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jun 10th, 2009, 15:39

Yep, there's a map with a farmers rebellions. In this one you can get tons of skeletons...and then you're invincible. That's true, necromancers lack of range, and even liches kinda suck. They do nice damage (can be dangerous for your team though if you don't pay attention) but they cost a shitload of money and are kind of weak.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 10th, 2009, 16:27

In fifth installement, necromancers are unstoppable. In larger maps where you start to reach 2000 skeleton archers, simply nothing can stand against them no matter what unit and how much of them. It really crushes your balls especially if you think you are tough.

In third homam, vampires are awesome in large numbers:

1. They can fly
2. Enemies can't retailate
3. Every hit (including when vampires retaliate) vampires get risen from dead
LOL HI!