The Still Screen Quiz - Prize Edition

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Ella
Restraint Resistant

The Still Screen Quiz - Prize Edition

Post by Ella » Apr 11th, 2008, 14:45

Your eyes read correctly, as this edition shall feature prizes to selective winners.

POINT SYSTEM

There are 4 categories, easy, medium, hard, and lucky guess. Easy shall list 4 images, medium shall list 3 images, hard shall list 2 images, and lucky guess shall list only 1 (as it's the most difficult).

If you guess an easy difficulty still correctly, you are rewarded 2 points.

If you guess a medium difficulty still correctly, you are rewarded 4 points.

If you guess a hard difficulty still correctly, you are rewarded 8 points.

If you guess the lucky guess still correctly, you are rewarded 16 points.

PRIZES

Here is a list of what you could possibly win:

*Your initials across my cheek!* Claimed by Dimebog
It's exactly that, but you are only limited to your initials, followed by a "<3"

*A sign made out to you, from me!* Between 90 and 110 points
Here i'll write your name out on paper and hold it beside me, plus you get to choose your own personalized message for me to add under your name, it could be rude or whatever you desire, it'll be your choice.

*Me in a bikini!* Between 140 and 160 points
Nuff said about that one really.

*Sex!* Between 190 and 210 points
Just kidding ^_^

*Mystery Prize!* Between 190 and 210 points
Only the winner will possibly know of its secret.

What you choose to do with your winnings is entirely up to you, weather you feel you must share them or whatever, but then they won't be unique to you, ruining its value. I know the prizes suck ass but what else can you do ey?

RULES

Simple really, but here’s a list:

1. Only one person can win a prize, whoever reaches it first, claims it, and therefore the others have to gather points for the next prize upwards.

2. You can have more than one prize, as long as you reach the correct amount of points to claim it before anyone else.

3. If you gather points that go 'over' the range of a specific prize during a round, then you can't claim it, therefore you have to work towards the next prize upwards. This prevents people from hogging the points, because gathering too many at one time will ruin your chances.

4. You can have multiple guesses at any still, just remember that more points you gather per round can ruin your chances.

5. Once a still is guessed correctly, it's done, whoever guessed first, claims the points.

I shall be keeping track of the scores by editing this page every now and again to prevent cheating. Each round shall be different, from films, to games, so everyone can have a chance whether you're a gamer or whatever.

ROUND 3 SHALL COMMENCE SHORTLY

Next round cancelled until noted

Easy:

Medium:

Hard:

Lucky guess:

SCORES

Drakan = 6
Daedolon = 8
Dimebog = 40 *1 Prize(s) claimed!*
Daedalus = 44
Shadowman = 6

Notice: Just so everyone is aware, there will be other opportunities to participate in a Still Screen/other quiz/contest with new prizes sometime later, so no sweat folks.
Last edited by Ella on Apr 17th, 2008, 23:34, edited 14 times in total.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Apr 11th, 2008, 14:48

1 - I, Robot
3 - 300
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 11th, 2008, 15:59

Easy
1. I, Robot.
2. The Fifth Element
3. 300
4. Freddy vs. Jason

Medium
2. 28 days later

Damn, too obscure stuff for me.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 11th, 2008, 17:38

I wake up and find this. Men, I would suggest that we pool our resources together and have a single individual step up and claim the prize to be shared with all. Posty wouldn't be where it is if an 'every man for himself' policy had been the order of the day.

Consider this.

Edit: Indeed, seeing as only a few of these prizes are reasonable, the best option would be Ella with 'Posty' on her cheek. What say you?

Edit again: Still waking up. There are still enough available points to have 'Posty on cheek' option. It seems a choice between Posty on cheek now or a mystery grand prize in Posty later terms. Think on this.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Apr 11th, 2008, 18:05

Oh my sweet Daedalus, for whoever wins a prize has the choice to either share, or keep to themselves, this applies to all prizes, so really it's down to you or whoever.

Again, i know i could have done better with the prizes, but for now they'll do i suppose, i'm sure a car would be more reasonable, but even i don't have one in my drive yet ;)

Your addition or 'replacement' prize for the mystery one is up for debate if everyone wishes.

Edit: First post update! It shall regularly be updated whilst people guess correctly, your names shall replace the images with the amount of points you've gained.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Apr 11th, 2008, 18:16

Medium 1: The Chronicles of Riddick
Hard 1: Enchanted

I was too late to claim the easy stuff - just got my internets a minute ago. :/
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 11th, 2008, 18:36

So be it. . .
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Apr 11th, 2008, 19:08

Medium 3: Dodgeball

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Apr 11th, 2008, 19:17

Hard 2: The Day After Tomorrow (probably wrong, been a while since i saw it)

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Apr 11th, 2008, 22:20

Great. Now that I DON'T have time I find this kinf of contest running without ever even having change to participate in it..

I have to start working on my epically fucking sadistic pics quiz..
LOL HI!

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Apr 12th, 2008, 01:22

Umnir, i'm not really sure on what you meant, but i apologise?

You can still join in, if that’s what you mean, as it's only just started, perhaps i should spread the quiz out for longer periods or something, so people have a better chance. There's still two more stills left for anyone who wishes to guess, but i'll change them come the 13th of April, or if they're guessed.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Apr 12th, 2008, 02:51

I think Umnir was upset as some were guessed beforehand. Understand that there are those here who hit refresh every second, 24 hours a day! :D

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Apr 12th, 2008, 10:48

Hard 2: Night at the Museum

Lucky Guess: The Medallion (with Jackie Chan)

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Apr 12th, 2008, 13:07

Daedalus wrote:...there are those here who hit refresh every second, 24 hours a day!
86,400 times a day? Whoa.

Congratulations Dimebog, you've won the first prize listed by gathering 40 points. All that is required from you is your last initial :)

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Apr 12th, 2008, 15:08

What? :o No "initials on tits" award? What kind of competition is this? :?
Long live the new flesh!