Movie stillscreen quiz

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
User avatar
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera
Posts: 2165
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 15:48
Contact:

Post by Dimebog » Mar 1st, 2008, 17:18

If movies and games are champagne, Hitchcock's movies and games like Grim Fandango, BWP and Psychonauts are Crystal. The rest is horse-piss.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Post by Umnir » Mar 1st, 2008, 17:34

...
Books, movies, music, games.. all are different things. This conversation is useless and retarted.
LOL HI!

User avatar
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera
Posts: 2165
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 15:48
Contact:

Post by Dimebog » Mar 1st, 2008, 17:46

Umnir wrote:...
Books, movies, music, games.. all are different things. This conversation is useless and retarted.
Of course they are different. All I was trying to point out, that one form of art is not necessarily "more valuable" than the other, by default. And I find video games to be a form of art. By definition of art they're nothing short of it.

You are the one who compared movies and games in the way their stories are written.

I didn't notice anything retarded about a normal conversation, but by all means, don't let me usurp the thread. It wasn't my intention to stray off the topic. I'm just chatting (on something that is semi-related) while waiting for the others to pick their guesses and post some new challenges.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Post by Umnir » Mar 1st, 2008, 18:07

Dimebog wrote:
Umnir wrote:...
Books, movies, music, games.. all are different things. This conversation is useless and retarted.
Of course they are different. All I was trying to point out, that one form of art is not necessarily "more valuable" than the other, by default. And I find video games to be a form of art. By definition of art they're nothing short of it.

You are the one who compared movies and games in the way their stories are written.

I didn't notice anything retarded about a normal conversation, but by all means, don't let me usurp the thread. It wasn't my intention to stray off the topic. I'm just chatting (on something that is semi-related) while waiting for the others to pick their guesses and post some new challenges.
Allright allright, maybe I misunderstood here.. I thought someone said something and ..stuff. I hadn't eaten anything today so maybe I was delusive.
LOL HI!

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Post by Umnir » Mar 1st, 2008, 20:22

Should I reveal the names then?
Damn, as I mentioned, I thought all these would be dead easy.

edit: I will still keep it running until some can see it, like Nathan. Nathan, you are our last hope!
LOL HI!

User avatar
RedFanatic
Pink on the Inside
Posts: 458
Joined: Feb 21st, 2007, 07:34
Location: Within the Monolith

Post by RedFanatic » Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:52

1-Sin City
2-Don't Know
3-Don't Know
4-Dune
5-Don't Know (i feel i should though)
6-Don't Know
7-The Thing
8-Don't Know (perhaps a Highway man film that had a lot of eye gouging)
9-Brazil
10-Don't Know
11-Don't Know
12-The Shadow of the Vampire (about the making of Nospheratu)
13-Don't Know
14-Hero
15-Don't Know
16-Don't Know (pretty sure i've seen it though)
17-Don't Know
18-Don't Know
19-Gladiator
20-Don't Know (but it looks like Hitman)

Great post idea, looks like a bunch of really crazy holiday shots :D
Post a answer list after a bit would you? i'm intruged
[color=red]Infuscomus Cruo Lokemundux[/color]

http://bpf.deathmask.net/
[img]http://bpf.deathmask.net/banner.gif[/img]

User avatar
wangho
Well Done
Posts: 1217
Joined: Oct 31st, 2006, 06:30
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:59

3. Meet The Feebles?
7. The Thing
10. Bonfire Of The Vanities?
12. Shadow Of The Vampire
13. The Good The Bad And The Ugly
17. Schindler's List
20. Willard

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Post by Umnir » Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:39

Nice job!
You answered the following screens correclty:

3 = Meet the feebles
7 = The thing
9 = Brazil
12 = Shadow of the vampire
13 = Good, bad and the ugly
17 = Schindler's list

+ eariler:

1 = Sin City
4 = Dune
11 = The Crow
14 = Hero
16 = The Warriors
19 = Gladiator

= missing:

2, 5, 6, 8, 10, 15, 18, 20

--

Yeap, I'll reveal the screens later on. I promised to give a shot to Nathan so let's see if he gets any of the rest.
LOL HI!

User avatar
NAto
Well Done
Posts: 1958
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2005, 16:32

Post by NAto » Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:46

Is 15 not Fight Club?

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Post by Umnir » Mar 3rd, 2008, 11:02

Nope. :lol:
Revealing info soon... prepare, for doooooom!!

edit: TIPS:

2 is connected to 1 and 5 by actor

10 and 13 are connected by *someone* :D

8 and 6 are connected by director

18 is mexican film

15 is asian film

20 is sci-fi with no lasers and pew pew
LOL HI!

User avatar
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mar 28th, 2004, 14:06
Contact:

Post by Daedolon » Mar 3rd, 2008, 17:42

5. Looks like Black Hawk Down but other than that I have no clue.
Image

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Post by Umnir » Mar 7th, 2008, 18:55

I revealed the names at first post. Makes any sense now? :)
LOL HI!

User avatar
Shadowman
The Posty Baby
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:14
Location: MapEdit
Contact:

Post by Shadowman » Mar 8th, 2008, 16:59

Dimebog wrote:If movies and games are champagne, Hitchcock's movies and games like Grim Fandango, BWP and Psychonauts are Crystal. The rest is horse-piss.
What do you have against horse piss?
Does the body good. :lol:
Image
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

User avatar
NAto
Well Done
Posts: 1958
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2005, 16:32

Post by NAto » Mar 10th, 2008, 08:49

I haven't watched many of those movies :(

Great quiz though, man! :D

Can we expect any more? ;)

User avatar
Umnir
Half-homie
Posts: 4547
Joined: Jul 9th, 2007, 17:26
Contact:

Post by Umnir » Mar 10th, 2008, 11:17

If anyone is interested, maybe. I would like to see someone else do it too..
LOL HI!

Post Reply