All Time Favorite Films......

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Metroid47
Pink on the Inside

Post by Metroid47 » Apr 14th, 2007, 00:29

Daedolon wrote: I'd order them up like this:

1. Aliens
2. Alien³
3. Alien
562. Alien: Resurrection
562? I didn't know there was THAT many Alien films.... :D :D

Metroid47
Pink on the Inside

Post by Metroid47 » Jul 7th, 2007, 01:13

Any other classic films you know of?? I watched "Pulp Fiction" recently and that was pretty amazing 8) Hey, also I was wondering, seeing as it is referenced to in Blood, what is the film, "Phantasm" like?
Up for some BloodBath action, via DOSBox? If so, send me a P.M.

RedFanatic
Pink on the Inside

Post by RedFanatic » Jul 7th, 2007, 04:59

All the recent Fantasy Chinese Sword Films are worth a few watches,
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. House of Flying Daggers. Hero.
[color=red]Infuscomus Cruo Lokemundux[/color]

http://bpf.deathmask.net/
[img]http://bpf.deathmask.net/banner.gif[/img]

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jul 7th, 2007, 08:43

Daedolon wrote:Aliens contribute to the universe the most, has very realistic sets and best actors, Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton and... LANCE FUCKING HENRIKSEN!

I'd order them up like this:

1. Aliens
2. Alien³
3. Alien
562. Alien: Resurrection
ehh... I like Alien 1 the best. The 1st half especially, its amazing. Its vague, subtle, and beautiful

Metroid47
Pink on the Inside

Post by Metroid47 » Jul 7th, 2007, 23:28

I preferred "Alien 1" to "Aliens" also, Wangho, despite most fans disagreeing with me :D But anyway, did anyone see Phantasm? :? What's it like?
Up for some BloodBath action, via DOSBox? If so, send me a P.M.

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jul 8th, 2007, 00:37

Metroid47 wrote:I preferred "Alien 1" to "Aliens" also, Wangho, despite most fans disagreeing with me :D But anyway, did anyone see Phantasm? :? What's it like?
Phantasm didnt really hook me like most movies of that ilk do. I love B movies and schlock, but I much prefer something like Killer Klownz From Outer Space, Evil Dead, Friday 13th flicks, old Godzilla movies, etc.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Jul 17th, 2007, 13:06

The Prestige made it to favs list... I really liked that movie.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 4th, 2008, 00:18

I love too many movies to be truly able to say "this one is my fav". But the film that struck me the most was Fight Club I think, I was 12 when I saw it...it changed my mind ^^. I just regret this movie was a flop at the time and now has become some kind of a "cool" movie.

But I see a lot of people here love films I love myself : Alien (all of them), Evil Dead (all of them), the shining, the thing, star wars, etc.

Something I really like are independant gore movies such as Lloyd Kaufman's movies, Troma movies (not all of them some are really annoying), Peter Jackson's Bad Taste and Braindead (Dead Alive in the US), Plaga Zombie - Zona Mutante, Olaf Ittenbach and Antoine Pelissier movies, etc.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Dec 4th, 2008, 00:42

RedFanatic wrote:All the recent Fantasy Chinese Sword Films are worth a few watches,
I've got House of Flying Daggers. It's a pretty good movie. The makeout scenes are out of place though.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 4th, 2008, 01:30

Shadowman wrote:
RedFanatic wrote:All the recent Fantasy Chinese Sword Films are worth a few watches,
I've got House of Flying Daggers. It's a pretty good movie. The makeout scenes are out of place though.
House of flying daggers was hugely worse than tigerdragon and hero (wich are both awesome). It had too much of that syrup with no emotions. I liked the bamboo forrest scenes and visual style tho, beautiful shit.
RedFanatic wrote:Alright which Alien film is everyones favorite?

It's gotta be 2 for me even though 4 was pretty cool it was all a bit French,
in a line up i'd put them like this.........

1 Alien 2
2 Alien 4
3 Alien 1
4 Alien 3
That's easy:

1 Alien
2 Aliens
3 Alien 3
4 Alien resurrection

Alien in my books wins the case easily, while aliens is a huge classic aswell. I remember when I watched those films when I was kid... I was scared shitless. I remember once putting the grainy VHS recording to the player (had seen before) and I got so uncomfortable by the intro alone that I didn't want to watch it. :D

I want to make a fav list too, althought it is almost impossible. I'll do it when I get to my apartment.
LOL HI!

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Dec 4th, 2008, 03:56

My favourite kung-fu movie by far is Kung-Fu Hustle. It was retardedly hilarious. I used to have it in UMD, but I traded it for the Nightmare Before Christmas.

I've now got Nightmare in UMD, DVD, two VHS tapes, and that new Special Edition thing that came out. It's one of my obsessions.

Extraneous favourite movies include Full Metal Jacket, Evil Alien Conquerors, the Sonic Movie, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, the Life of Brian, and the Holy Grail. Flying Circus was better.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 4th, 2008, 13:03

I agree, Kung fu Hustle is daaaaamn hilarious !

If you wanna watch an other kind of hilarious kung fu movie, check out The Story of Ricky. It's a gory kung fu chinese adaptation of a manga. It's not voluntarily funny, but the playing is so awful and the violence is so hard it will certainly make you laugh. There're extract of it on youtube, check it out ^^.

Nightmare Before Christmas is really nice, I loved it, but as for Fight Club I am a bit sad this movie became fashion (at least it is so in france, where a good number of goth/metal girls have Jack clothes, and it tends to spread day by day).

The boogie-man song rocks 8) .

I'm a andmirer of Monty Python too. My favourite one is The Holy Grail, but the two other ones are good too.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb