FINAL BLOOD

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 14th, 2008, 13:03

Great work man, if you ever have the time to do so, you should somehow share your work. I'll watch that video as soon as youtube stops being gay -.-
Hellen wrote:Well, yeah... This forum is apparently more busy with three guys disgracing Blood than with one praising it. Way to go, so-called "Blood Community"! :x
I call fallacy! nailed it :D

Final Caleb
Pink on the Inside

Post by Final Caleb » Oct 14th, 2008, 23:52

By the way, it took me quite a while of hesitation to use the miracle of youtube... but I can forgive myself...
you should somehow share your work
Well I'll try... as you probably know I have this charitable habbit of making these nice little monsters from time to time... somehow. If someone feels like getting one I'm the man! :wink: As soon as I can make them real good. I also singed up for a mod contest that will be held soon.
This video is extremely good, considering it's your first one. Final Blood does look spooky, like in a B-horror movie indeed.
Thank you Hellen! Now, I used to make videos like this only in a different themes... (action phased RC car race, for example) BLOOD theme, yes, considered the first ever.
And calm down... Posty has lots of topics... and swastikas. ehhem :?
anyway if things get nastier I get the hell out of here :lol:
By the way I'm not showing off with anything here, just praising Blood.

Thank you all and good night, try not to get your spines crushed! :twisted:
It doesn't matter what kind of PC you have, if you can't play BLOOD on it...

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Oct 25th, 2008, 08:38

Good luck with the mod contest! Hope you'll win "Worst mod of the year" award!

Final Caleb
Pink on the Inside

Post by Final Caleb » Oct 29th, 2008, 22:22

Hellen wrote:Good luck with the mod contest! Hope you'll win "Worst mod of the year" award!
Sort of... I think I managed to get the "Sickest PC" price. That is what peoples opinion were: this-is-sick! Sadly, they had little clue about what BLOOD is...
(even Duke 3D was unknown for most of them :? )
...but hey, I won a Tv Tuner 8)

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 4th, 2008, 00:47

I saw this vid on youtube for some time now and I though "Woaaaa, incredible !".

Now that I know it's you, Final Caleb,, let me congratulate you ! You've done a very, very nice job here ! It's well made and it completely matches with the game. I wish I had your skills to do so :).
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Final Caleb
Pink on the Inside

Post by Final Caleb » Dec 5th, 2008, 10:35

Thank you! I have several more ideas that should manifest soon.
If I really had the skills I wouldn't study applied informatics though :) So this is just a hobby, since I like to tinker with stuff and soo far Blood is the ultimate horror experience in PC gaming to me. But since my case was recieved poorly on the contest I decided to fall back to something else for now and continue to re-re make the Tchernobog pupett with bendable joints and rotting chunks of meat (managed order some foam latex...).
Stay tuned.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 5th, 2008, 11:53

Final Caleb wrote: But since my case was recieved poorly on the contest...
What were the other cases ?

Final Caleb
Pink on the Inside

Post by Final Caleb » Dec 5th, 2008, 22:12

The competition was a thorn in my eyes... :x at least we had a good laugh on our way home with my friends about it.

To easy up the whole thing, here are the results

First prize went to the Hummer. The guy worked hard on it, altough he gave most of the work to carpenters and turners (:?). Second was The BMW. The guy bought the case as it is then cut out some holes put some pretty lights a wing and a stroboscope into it and all done. There was the Piramid and that was something inside and out. Still it was only good enough for the 3rd place.
There was an old turntable with a disco ball on it, also a nice Spare Tyre and... well the rest were water-cooled rigs with little modification. And yes, Final Blood on the 9th place 8) Some Home Theater Pc got 10th place. There were more mods but no more stuff to give away :lol:

Even to the others the whole outcome was strange. The whole thing was judged by fellow pro modders... no public voting (so close friends and good fellows got the best stuff... hmm, I call it a partial judgement, unpleasent, not to my liking) Boohoo, make the hurting stop :P I blame MTV... Hail Tchernobog, Good Night.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 5th, 2008, 22:28

Wow, that voting system sucks. The pyramid was wicked and the tire one was nice too.
LOL HI!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 6th, 2008, 11:44

If I had to vote, I would not have made the same choices. The hummer, the piramid and the tire are really awesome, I did not know one could create particular cases like that. I don't really like the BMW one, but actually since I don't like car tunning it's not very surprising.

I still think yours should have been in a better place, maybe not 1st (it would if I listened to my heart ^^), but definetely in the firt 5 ones.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Dec 6th, 2008, 15:00

I believe that the problem lies in the fact that the jury most likely may not have realized how well some of it replicated pieces of the BLOOD art. They may not have recognized the marble texture, the switches, maybe even the gargoyle, as valid references. If there had been any BLOOD fans among them, they surely would have appreciated all the delicacy of it.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 6th, 2008, 16:05

I don't even understand how the BMW got any recognition, it's just a few holes, leds and stickers slapped on a case -- no real work required.

I would've voted the pyramid higher as well and the tyre is rather cool as well.

On a related note, this is the coolest case mod I've ever seen myself.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 6th, 2008, 17:40

Daedolon wrote: On a related note, this is the coolest case mod I've ever seen myself.
That is wicked!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Dec 6th, 2008, 17:59

Incredible !

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Dec 6th, 2008, 18:15

Le Babe wrote:Incredible !
Le magnifikaans!
Qun pieraseé, sè lemuáa