Undead Poets Society

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Feb 29th, 2008, 23:31

Boardening

By K-Bone

Outside this bordened room
I hear the creaks of footsteps
Those that belong to a bitter man
A heart of wood in one hand
A disfigured skull in the other

Concrete Purging his soul
A defining threat in his mind
I hear him say
"Here's to final death
may your kiss of poison flow from my lips one more time."

Flys playing ring around the rosie
Slowly above the latest corpse
As eyes slowly open
they all fall down

A gift of the dead passes the time
The horrifying screams causing time to grind
The butcher slowly coming for more
One more corpse to keep the grinder occupied

Visions of mutations circulate in the mind
Gliding to the hallways for other entities
A shock heard round the bays
Falling on dead ears
I hear what the dead are saying
but they never stop

The door opens vividly
nothing but bright white hues
"It's your time now,Malkav's childe"
I hear him say
I walk outside.final death has come for me...
I don't suffer from insanity,I'm enjoying every second of it. - Clan Malkavian

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Mar 3rd, 2008, 00:09

good stuff!

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:50

Total agreeage. I love the reference to ring around the rosie!

Sincerest thanks for posting, my friend. :D
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:50

mouth wrote:I did a little haiku

My penis
Hurts because I
Put it in the wrong socket
:lol:

@ Drakan's Dragon poem: I actually hate dragons, but it's a great poem nonetheless! I like the way you spoke about the different aspects :)

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Mar 3rd, 2008, 13:29

A pity you hate dragons sir, but that business is yours; but I'm glad you enjoyed what you read! :D

To further help you analyze this thread I shall explain. Thinking about it now, I felt if I left the dragon out of it, it'd be just another boring war story poem. I think of the dragon as the age old wisdom that speaks of how corrupt human pride is and how it leads to destruction. mentions of it's parts such as lobe or muzzle are emotional impacts that explain the story; what the ear would pick up as bombs fell, the muzzle feels the explosion and such... Plus, I've always seen the good dragons as the "wise men" if you will.

But fuck, enough about me!

Nate! I read your latest about the man and his donkey's jaw bone! Truly, that was a work of art made of words and very cleverly woven throughout.

Sigh. I attempted a shot at the Battle between Cerberus and Caleb a month ago, but it turned out bland. A little bit more than straightforward but I could have done so much more. I'll attempt it again soon but if myou care to see the original none the less, just howl.... :)

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Mar 3rd, 2008, 15:23

Thanks guys,I'm sure those of you who have played Vampire:The Masquerade and Vampire:Ghenna Pen and Paper RPG games should of picked up on some hints of that poem dealing with the World of Darkness Universe.I'm actually gonna write some more basing it on my VTM character which should help give me ideas for a new story for the old dog :lol:

The odd thing is though all of what i wrote for that poem only took 15 minuets and also,just threw it together on the fly.The next poem though will come soon.

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Mar 4th, 2008, 04:12

Disfiguration of Fragments

A new trick in trade for an old corpse
Phishing the structure for the mind and father time
Violent fits thrown in the dark
The lovely demoness that brings us a tide of blood

Dressed in feigned innocense
A Salut for which time forgot
The evil demoness awakens from torpor
A Slow disfigurement of the Frowning One's disquise

Primal rage,slaughtering cattle
She of Ivory,She of albastor
A broken Yin-Yang in your Wig Wam
Russian Roullette playing in B-Flat

2 minds held within 1 body
Suicide turned Murder
The Black Daughter of Janus burried with her blackened heart
I tried to do what's best for you

The Queen of Spades oh so white
Lust and Brutality has never been so much fun
The ghoul of the albastor queen whitnesses her down fall
Burrying himself in the debri

"Our feast has begun my queen of wickedness....."

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Mar 4th, 2008, 14:36

Hey thanks, Drakan :D I appreciate the compliments. Thanks for the slight explanation of your dragon poem, seeing it in that light makes me like it more.

Also the thing about writing a poem like that donkey's jawbone one, is to write the story first, then write the poem. Otherwise it generally falls flat. That way you're basing the poem on the story, and if it's a good story then you're half way to writing a good poem :D
BoneofFear wrote:Thanks guys,I'm sure those of you who have played Vampire:The Masquerade and Vampire:Ghenna Pen and Paper RPG games should of picked up on some hints of that poem dealing with the World of Darkness Universe.
YES! I've only played a vampire actually, I'm thinking of playing a mage in the next sitting.

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Mar 4th, 2008, 21:54

NAto wrote:Hey thanks, Drakan :D I appreciate the compliments. Thanks for the slight explanation of your dragon poem, seeing it in that light makes me like it more.

Also the thing about writing a poem like that donkey's jawbone one, is to write the story first, then write the poem. Otherwise it generally falls flat. That way you're basing the poem on the story, and if it's a good story then you're half way to writing a good poem :D
Not Exactly true,I've written some great poems (according to my friend kim,yes the same kim I was gonna marry,but we both figured we were better off as friends.Oh well,at least it ended on a good note :lol:) that didn't really have a story to it till I was almost finished with it,like the 2 poems I just posted dealing with W.O.D. which are more of glimpse into the memory's and thoughts of my malkavian character.And it's really helping me get more ideas on "revamping" the story for him.
NAto wrote:
BoneofFear wrote:Thanks guys,I'm sure those of you who have played Vampire:The Masquerade and Vampire:Ghenna Pen and Paper RPG games should of picked up on some hints of that poem dealing with the World of Darkness Universe.
YES! I've only played a vampire actually, I'm thinking of playing a mage in the next sitting.
So have I.Well I tried to play some Wearwolf games but I'm more comfy with VTM tbh.Hate to go off topic but what vampire clan you be nate?

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Mar 5th, 2008, 05:58

BoneofFear wrote:
NAto wrote:Hey thanks, Drakan :D I appreciate the compliments. Thanks for the slight explanation of your dragon poem, seeing it in that light makes me like it more.

Not Exactly true,I've written some great poems (according to my friend kim,yes the same kim I was gonna marry,but we both figured we were better off as friends.Oh well,at least it ended on a good note :lol:) that didn't really have a story to it till I was almost finished with it,like the 2 poems I just posted dealing with W.O.D. which are more of glimpse into the memory's and thoughts of my malkavian character.And it's really helping me get more ideas on "revamping" the story for him.
Each to his own I guess. :D

And too bad about the dame :(
BoneofFear wrote:
NAto wrote:
So have I.Well I tried to play some Wearwolf games but I'm more comfy with VTM tbh.Hate to go off topic but what vampire clan you be nate?
I be Gangrel :)

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 5th, 2008, 13:05

Gangrel ftw!
LOL HI!

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Mar 5th, 2008, 14:36

Umnir wrote:Gangrel ftw!
You also play? :D

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 5th, 2008, 15:54

NAto wrote:
Not the pnp (althought I have readed several clanbooks and readed the rulebooks just for curiosity).
Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines is one of my fav games, and I also enjoy redemption.
LOL HI!

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Mar 6th, 2008, 12:11

First, glas to hear that you like it so much! I usually like to explain them not to have a wank, but hey, some stuff can be confusing without a backdrop to explain them - I get the funny feeling that happens with my poetry, but hopefully not frequently (OK, so that was a wank :))

Nate, that explanation inspires me. I've attempted to start one up on my own and shit... it's a ssslight struggle yes... But I'm satisfied with what's there thus far. I dunno about you guys, but once a line's written, no matter how much I want to, I never backspace if I'm not 100% satisfied with it. It just feels unnatural to do that.

I shall upload more fanthy word writing thooooon! :D

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Mar 6th, 2008, 23:14

NAto wrote:
BoneofFear wrote:

Each to his own I guess. :D

And too bad about the dame :(
Ehhh it's aight,1)Me and her are still Best friends and 2)From the way she talks about her current boyfriend,she wants me back.But I still need to do some soul searching so a relationship can wait.Till then all I could give if she breaks up with him is the ride on the ballogna pony :lol:

NAto wrote:
BoneofFear wrote:
NAto wrote: YES! I've only played a vampire actually, I'm thinking of playing a mage in the next sitting.
I be Gangrel :)
So far that's 1 Giovanni,1 Salubri,My Malkavian,and now 1 gangrel in the mix.Oi Vey,I smell this world burning in our midsts already :P
Umnir wrote:
NAto wrote:
Not the pnp (althought I have readed several clanbooks and readed the rulebooks just for curiosity).
Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines is one of my fav games, and I also enjoy redemption.
Loved redemption,Still playing bloodlines with latest "Unofficial" patch 4.8