What's everyone listening to these days?

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

What's everyone listening to these days?

Post by Daedalus » Nov 4th, 2005, 20:11

Greetings gang. What are you all listening to? I'm still listening to my old RATM and Blood tracks, amongst other things. I've taken an interest in Korn lately, which is interesting.

In other news I see that T.A.T.U. is back. Once again they are attempting their feeble lesbian-suggestive antics to draw attention to themselves. A shame that their music is still the same sad repetition of lines. Anyways. I guess some people just can't appreciate a second chance.

Good day to all! :D
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Nov 4th, 2005, 20:20

Since I normally would reply with a "now playing" message...

I'm just listening to "Shades of..." which is the debut album of a Finnish funeral doom metal band called "Shape of Despair", I somehow and -why find this album more intriguing than their latest album, or the new song on the compilation they just released. Track 4 just started, entitling "Down into the stream" and running at 8:20 and therefore being the shortest track on the album.

Bah.

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Nov 4th, 2005, 20:32

Emerson Lake & Palmer, Queen, Cream, Pink Floyd, David Bowie.
a bit o prog rock is what I love.
Long live the new flesh!

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Nov 4th, 2005, 22:45

Oh my God! Tatu, the greatest shame of Russia. It’s even well-known on the other side of the world! Hate ‘em. :evil: Ah… wtf, I don’t watch Mtv.

I listen to… Well, as usual: some The Cure, some AFI, some Guano Apes.
Within Temptation, Apocalyptica, Gregorian, Rob Zombie and other popular music.
:)

Shaggy
Pink on the Inside

Post by Shaggy » Nov 4th, 2005, 23:04

"nas nie dogoniat", blablabla :P

usually rammstein, soad, polish rock and ska, korn, fear factory "and other popular music" :]

but also queen, ennio morricone a bit (ecstasy of gold...).
signatures are irrelevant. they are for those naive simpletons, who think that they can sum their whole life philosophy in several worlds.
idiots.

mouth
Lightly Broiled

Post by mouth » Nov 4th, 2005, 23:20

ennio morricone! you're my man. :)
Long live the new flesh!

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Nov 5th, 2005, 03:11

On the cpu: :Wumpscut:, Haddaway - What is love, Dschingis Khan - Moskau, Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
In the automobile: X Japan, hide

Also the music my two roomates listen too...

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Nov 5th, 2005, 04:17

shiiiit... I'll put it this way.

I listen to just about everything. Except any undiscovered form of music yet to be heard by me, or any MTV dogshit. Except for U2 and Tupac. That's good stuff. (well... I ASSUME they're associated with MTV?) Hell, I listen to game music and remixes too. :)
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

BOX OF THROATS
New user

Post by BOX OF THROATS » Nov 10th, 2005, 11:25

Leaether Strip
Laibach
M83
Naiomi Sample and the Go Go Ghosts
Madonna
Pocket Tee
Fox 'N Wolf
Grendel
Japanese Telecom
Jensen Sportag

Speaking of Haddaway...
The MDP did an industrial cover of What Is Love.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... ndID=56643

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Nov 11th, 2005, 06:01

I decided to dedicate this whole day to ...andOceans, a finnish (melodic/industrial) blackmetal band. I'm currently listening to their debut album, to the track "Samtal Med Tankar = Halo Of Words".

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Nov 11th, 2005, 07:32

Daedolon wrote:I decided to dedicate this whole day to ...andOceans, a finnish (melodic/industrial) blackmetal band. I'm currently listening to their debut album, to the track "Samtal Med Tankar = Halo Of Words".
Either the band don't know swedish, or then that songname is just fucked up. "Samtal Med Tankar" = "Conversation with Thoughts".

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Nov 11th, 2005, 07:41

I think that's the whole point of the song, the album is entitled The Dynamic Gallery Of Thoughts, most of the stuff they write tend to be a bit to the poetic side, so things like the order of the words or even missing syllables are normal in this case. Other songs in swedish are titled: Som Öppna Böcker, Mikrobotik Fields - Ur Åldrig Saga Och Sång, September (När Hjärtat Blöder).

Samtal Med Tankar = Halo Of Words
Svarar framtiden pa
tomhetens förganga drömmar
Skapas kunskap av svalda ord
ur böckers strömmar

Living in the inner worlds
Collecting all the fallen words
Are we verbally designed
In... sleep or preoccupied

Kan inte vinden blasa nalar
mot balongen
Rinner kalla stearinet bort till
glömda minnen

EDIT: Oh yeah, the band is from Pietarsaari.

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Nov 11th, 2005, 07:46

Daedolon wrote:Oh yeah, the band is from Pietarsaari.
That explains why so much swedish...

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Nov 11th, 2005, 08:31

I'm listening to two of our local bands music... The Narrow and Tonight We Die. It's good stuff for local.

Other than that (at the moment) I'm listening to Chimaira, Demon Hunter, Incubus, Lost Prophets, Chevelle and Billy Talent. That is what is one my playlist anyway, plus the local bands.

Interesting that you like Korn, ÐÐ! Maybe I should start listening to their music again...

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Nov 11th, 2005, 10:50

I should listen to Issues and Untouchables again, it's been a long time. It's really a mystery to me that how so melodic and talented artists can turn to produce a repeating and monotonous albums like Take a Look in the Mirror after they did Untouchables, where especially Jonathan's vocals are in all their glory.