Last movie(s) you watched?

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Re: Last movie(s) you watched?

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 13th, 2012, 23:47

I didn't draw this, but I wish I had.

"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Aug 14th, 2012, 10:36

Rachel sure got ugly.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 14th, 2012, 23:20

I think the artist was specifically trying to go more with the "disquietingly aloof waxy model" rather than the "fetching chit from the 1920s" angle.

I'm not really a good judge of human beauty. I do better with machines - take this vacuum cleaner, for example. It *is* a triple-bag easy-glide vac with turbo-suction and a self-emptying dustbag.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Feb 23rd, 2013, 15:23

Quite a bump, but oh well.

Fight Club.
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Feb 23rd, 2013, 16:28

Downfall

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Mar 9th, 2013, 23:55

I'm just done watching one of my all time favorites: The Uninvited (1944)

Boy what a thrill. This is one of the last films my adoptive father introduced me to. He was such a movie aficionado, even more than I've ever been.

The acting, spotless, pure class. The setting, as charming as it was spooky. The script, a beautifully balanced mixture of suspense and classic hair-raising scenarios. All in all, a joy to watch, even if you're not big into ghostly stuff.

No depravity, no ridiculous fx's and no tokenism. Now this a real movie in every sense of the word, and to top it off, the house would make a great Blood map, specially the attic 8)

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Mar 12th, 2013, 22:24

I finished an epic WALKING WITH marathon on Netflix once again...

Walking with Monsters: Life Before Dinosaurs

Walking with Dinosaurs

Walking with Prehistoric Beasts

Up next is Walking with Gargoyles and Walking with Zombies, narrated by BBC's Kenneth Branagh.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Mar 13th, 2013, 17:53

First-screening notes from Blade Runner.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 14th, 2013, 09:32

Some of those concerns are rubbish! The film's 'slower' parts are some of its best and I like the 'is he good? Your opponent' piece.

Then again I like everything about it. Thanks for the sheet!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 15th, 2013, 16:31

Two competing Oscar award movies:

Zero Dark Thirty
Argo (that won Oscar)

Now, I know that Oscars are like all awards: assholes. But, being Oscar candidate, they aren't really that bad usually.
I have to say though, Zero Dark Thirty should have won. Argo for me felt too rushed out. It lacked epicness (excuse me for using the word epic, but in classic terms it means story in long time period). Zero Dark Thirty was also pretty rushed out in my opinion, and lacked good dramatic writing despite longer run time. I have to say that the actual part of hunting down Osama was one of the most exciting things I've seen in a while. But maybe that's because I love all tactical masturbation.

Speaking of tactiwank, has anyone seen Act of Valor? I enjoyed the bit more realistic combat a lot. It had lot's of American good ol' flag in the wind scenes but I was okay with that. But I then, I don't understand all the "critics" who say that Zero Dark Thirty was propaganda movie. What the fuck?

Maybe Panoptic Blur can share his views on this?
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Mar 15th, 2013, 22:11

I have to admit that I don't usually watch movies right after they come out.

This has nothing to do with cinema taste, and is purely to do with habit and cost. If movies were more available on streaming I'd watch them. I can't be of much help regarding "recent" movies, I'm afraid. :/

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 16th, 2013, 15:23

Me neither. I am very unpredictable movie watcher. I watch lot of classics.
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Mar 16th, 2013, 21:50

I recently had the chance to sit down with an old friend and watch movies over the course of five days. This friend lives in a country where the media is tightly controlled by the government, and films with political or social commentary often don't make the cut.

The films I watched were: Syriana, The Beast of War, Downfall, and The Lives of Others.

Next time I think I'll show them Munich, Michael Clayton, Hotel Rwanda, and City of God.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Mar 21st, 2013, 00:48

Pulp-novel mockup of a Blade Runner book. (Not real.)

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Apr 3rd, 2013, 22:39

In the morning, the word "whipoorwill" persistently entered my mind. I familiarized myself with the bird's distinctive song via wikipedia. On the same day, during the night, I stumbled upon a loose film adaptation of The Dunwich Horror. To my surprise, whipoorwhil singing was used as macabre symbolism within the movie. Although the original story by HP Lovecraft uses such a symbol too, I was about 12 when I read that and it was not a detail which I remembered.

The plot barely resembled the story it was based on, but not a bad film. Its main tune sounded quite familiar.

<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc