Last movie(s) you watched?

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: Last movie(s) you watched?

Post by Daedolon » Apr 1st, 2012, 16:29

Umnir wrote:Two different things
Still looks like the same movie to me, eh.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Apr 1st, 2012, 16:53

Ids nod
LOL HI!

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:07

Umnir wrote:Ids nod
Besides, solyaris has awesome soviet russia feeling to it added.
LOL HI!

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 7th, 2012, 21:39

Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest
I liked it. It's good to know some history.
Also watched document about Biggie.
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jun 4th, 2012, 16:04

"Painful to live in fear, isn't it?"

"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 27th, 2012, 07:26

LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jun 27th, 2012, 17:00

Wrong thread?

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 27th, 2012, 20:18

Whoops
LOL HI!

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Jun 29th, 2012, 10:55

Last one I watched was horror film called "After Life" (2009) with Christina Ricci. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would after seeing google listing so many "average", "boring" and "just plain bad" reviews. In fact, I actually loved it. The plot is fresh and exiting, the acting is up to a good standard and the visual aspect meticulously taken care of.

I think it's one of those movies you either love or completely despise, and even though it looks as If I were keeping all the spoilers to myself, you would be surprised how little I'd be giving away even if I copy-pasted the whole script here. It really gets you thinking.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 27th, 2012, 17:38

I just got a hold of a relatively bad quality copy of JM, the extended Japanese version of Johnny Mnemonic which is a lot more true to the short story by William Gibson than the butchered edit that aired in the Americas and Europe. I heard rumours of there being an even more extended Japanese version that is yet longer by 14 minutes but that's probably just a rumour. The actual director's cut of the movie was never released.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

hellrazor
New user

Post by hellrazor » Aug 9th, 2012, 17:18

Dimebog wrote:I just got a hold of a relatively bad quality copy of JM, the extended Japanese version of Johnny Mnemonic which is a lot more true to the short story by William Gibson than the butchered edit that aired in the Americas and Europe. I heard rumours of there being an even more extended Japanese version that is yet longer by 14 minutes but that's probably just a rumour. The actual director's cut of the movie was never released.
Ohhh I might need to check that out. I kind of liked that movie. Even if it was..... tacky.

I watched the 2011 horror movie Silent House recently. I liked it. Elizabeth Olsen did a good job of being scared as things got more strange and out of control I think. It was also shot pretty well in that the whole movie seems like one long take.

Then I watched 2009's Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans Starring Nicolas Cage again. It never ceases to make me laugh.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Aug 10th, 2012, 12:45

I recently watched :

Soylent Green : I found it very good, some excellent ideas in this film regarding to the future of mankind. The supposed 2022 setting mingled with the low technology (guns, video game) of the 70's is quite hilarious. Some scenes were really nice and I found the end of the old guy quite moving. The end of the movie is weird in my opinion, but I didn't really liked open ended stories. A good watch in my opinion.

Invasion Los Angeles : Seems to be a classic too, where one of the Duke Nukem's most famous sentence (I'm here to kick ass and...) comes from. I was really disappointed about that one. The story is good, there was material for an awesome movie but it turned out to be utter shite with emphasis on useless thing (like the fight scene for exemple when the hero asks his black friend to put the glasses on). The main character, when he discovers what's going on, just takes horrible decisions, acting like a guy with no brain and everything. Weird.
Last edited by Le Babe on Aug 10th, 2012, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Aug 10th, 2012, 13:23

Los Angeles had potential to be decent flick, but it for me, crashed with lack of realism. It would have been much more believeable if it was actual "war movie", instead of small guerilla force fighting against overwhelming enemy.
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 10th, 2012, 14:50

Finished watching "Map of the Human Heart". A deeply sad movie, showcasing lives caught between rigid ethnic lines, hard-hearted romantic rivalry, and wasted regret. This movie didn't get much play outside of indie theaters, but it's worth a view for those who like their love stories mixed with serious themes of racial tension, war heroism, and the thin line between friendship and rivalry.

Features a sex scene that takes place on top of a hot-air balloon as it's being inflated, which is an open challenge for everybody.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

ItBurn
New user

Post by ItBurn » Aug 10th, 2012, 16:24

I saw "Priest" not too long ago. The movie is garbage, of course, but there's this guy:

Not only does he look like Caleb, he somewhat acts like him. I think fondly of the movie just for that. A movie with a dark protagonist like that would be awesome.