Last movie(s) you watched?

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Keis
New user

Last movie(s) you watched?

Post by Keis » Oct 13th, 2005, 04:26

Since many of you think this place needs more activity (and I think I need a bigger postcount), I decided to start this thread. So I'l go first:

Total Recall: Great action comedy. Arnie is the man.
Dawn of the Dead (the new one): I prefear the old one...
Cube: Ok I guess...
Bram Stroker's Dracula: The crown of my collection, I love this movie.
Equilibrium: Very good looking movie.
Dracula: Dead and Loving It: It's Dracula. It's comedy. Ok movie.
Underworld: Can't get enough of them vampires.
The Others: Best ending I've seen in a long while.
The Ninth Gate: It's about the devil. Can't complain.
Alien: Seen it too many times...

These are movies I've watched in the last two weeks.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 13th, 2005, 07:09

Since I watched the movies with Keis, I thought I'd give my opinion on them too:

Total Recall: One of my favourite action comedies, one of the most brutal movies I can recall, too.
Dawn of the Dead (the new one): I never really liked this one, it had few good scenes in it but...
Cube: I like the movie, even though it feels like the movie lasts forever, it's still a good one.
Bram Stroker's Dracula: Best Dracula movie I've seen, can't say anything bad about it.
Equilibrium: I wish I could invent words how to praise the story of the movie, and the Style with a capital "S"!
Dracula: Dead and Loving It: More fun than I expected, not bad at all.
Underworld: One of my favourite "21st century Hollywood action movies", I like it.
The Others: One of my favourite movies, like Keis said, this movie is great throughoutly, but that's not all it has to offer. This movie really shines where other movies fail, the ending. I can't recall any other movie having such a great ending!
The Ninth Gate: Far more better than I expected, two hour movie about books (not my favourite subject, to say), I didn't get tired, not even in a one scene. A cunning, a bit thrilling and good movie.
Alien: Hard to say anything about this one, I simply love good horror spiced with some neat action. Best one in the quadrilogy.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 14th, 2005, 10:23

I REEEAAAALLY liked Equilibrium!... That guy is a freakin good actor... forgot his name though :oops:

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 14th, 2005, 19:29

Christian Bale.

Hmm.

The Entity: Great acting, interesting idea and it doesn't get boring even though it's a long one.
Queen of the Damned: I originally bought this movie because Jonathan had worked on it's soundtrack. It turned out to be a pretty good movie back then, but somewhy, to me, it has lost it's beauty.
The Village: Here we go again, one of my favourite movies ever, I've always liked good thrillers where they work up the mood constantly. Great acting, lovely story, I can't say a one bad word about it.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 15th, 2005, 20:55

Van Helsing: Lots of faults but lots of small nifty ideas, not bad.
Begotten: Awesome optical effects! One of the best looking movies I've seen, too bad it got a bit boring in the halfway. Luckily it had some interesting ideas.
Un Chien Andalou: I'm not sure if you can call this a movie. I've seen worse short indie movies.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Oct 16th, 2005, 12:52

Hmmmm, last two movies off the top of my head...

Vampier Hunter D: Like anime? Love this then. It's a story of a girl who recieves a kiss from the Count Lee, who was once forgotten, and hires a hunter, whom there is much more then meets the eye... great vampire movie overall, even if you don't normally watch anime.

Aliens VS Predator:Hoooh boy. What a conflict to the original stories, if not an insult to fans like me. The voilence is nice, but we saw things like this just as good in better plotted films like Predator and in Aliens. Even the hardcore fans should stay away. it's nothing more than a creature flick. Overall, you won't even need this to quench the thirst for blood and gore.

By the way, you're a hell of a naughty there boy deathmask! ;)
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Oct 22nd, 2005, 20:25

The Thing: Greatest horror movie ever. Seen it atleast once every half year since gradeschool.

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Oct 22nd, 2005, 23:16

Keis wrote:The Thing: Greatest horror movie ever. Seen it atleast once every half year since gradeschool.
Yea even thought kurt rustle looked almost alot like jim morrison from the doors but made the movie alot better.... "Jim Morrison in The Thing" lmao :twisted:
I don't suffer from insanity,I'm enjoying every second of it. - Clan Malkavian

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Oct 25th, 2005, 07:40

A Night at the Roxbury: 1½h of this. I loved it.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 25th, 2005, 10:59

rolfmao keis!!

Yea guys I have to admit that I liked AVP... But WAIT!! Let me explain myself!...
I was a big fan of the AVP games and have never watched any of the alien or predator movies ever. 'Nuf said :D.

BoneofFear
Pink on the Inside

Post by BoneofFear » Oct 25th, 2005, 17:47

N47Ø wrote:rolfmao keis!!

Yea guys I have to admit that I liked AVP... But WAIT!! Let me explain myself!...
I was a big fan of the AVP games and have never watched any of the alien or predator movies ever. 'Nuf said :D.
You?! of ALL PEOPLE!?!?! LIKED...I mean ACTUALLY liked...the AVP MOVIE....Your crazier then caleb was in Blood 2 :shock:
I don't suffer from insanity,I'm enjoying every second of it. - Clan Malkavian

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 26th, 2005, 11:12

:cry:

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Oct 26th, 2005, 16:11

Yeah, well, At least the AVP games were set in the future in their proper outer space worlds. The movie was set in the temple.

And the concept behind all the behaviours in that movie was lame...

Very lame...

Fuck all the people involved in that movie, especially the dickhead who played Bishop in Aliens and Alien 3. (I forget who his character was in AVP)
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 26th, 2005, 17:28

You dare to insult Lance Henriksen?

Keis
New user

Post by Keis » Oct 26th, 2005, 17:45

AVP wasn't that bad, the games are also better than average. I've seen far worse "X vs. X" movies/games *cough*freddyvsjason*coughcaough*. Oh and, if you want to talk shitty movies? Start a new topic.

Also, Lance Henriksen rocks!