Help Me Out, Posty (Name That Movie)

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: Help Me Out, Posty (Name That Movie)

Post by Daedolon » Mar 26th, 2011, 18:19

Random one but it's a bit green, and new: Sanctum.

EDIT: Forgot you said 2010.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 28th, 2011, 10:56

Here's another from many years ago. When I was pretty young, I saw part of a horror movie that looked pretty good at the time, though I'm sure it'll now look a lot tamer than I remember it being. It was a horror film focused in Europe, and I think some guy was wondering around the streets and came upon a scientist working on reanimating a dead soldier. I remember the soldier looking extremely realistic (mutilated and all, possibly even skeletal in some part) and being in full combat gear, but now we're talking as many as twelve years back or something. Unfortunately, to confirm this one I'd have to see the scene.

Shit was badass, yo.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 28th, 2011, 13:17

No success with the first one?
Can I hijack this thread ok thanks:
Im looking for series that is made in 2010 or 09, it's about village that pretty much dies because of some sort of alien object / meteorite etc. I could have sworn it was directed by Ridley Scott, but IMDB shows nothing... It was directed by some movie director I think. I remember seeing little parts where they have base of operations in high tech underground vault. Any ideas?
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 28th, 2011, 13:44

I'll have to pretend I imagined it.

Yours sounds very familiar, Umnir.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 28th, 2011, 20:55

I can't believe it can be this damn difficult. Im sure it came out 2010 and I have been trying to find it for several days no without any clue.
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 28th, 2011, 22:24

Okay, the two movies (not TV series) that I've seen and don't know the name of.

1) I know very little about this one, but it's about a taxi driver (male), who cannot stay in broad daylight as it would be bad for him (how, I have no idea). I'm not even sure if this is from the same movie, but I recall him driving his taxi during the daytime (with shades on the windows I think), then somewhy getting intercepted by a huge truck. They basically lowered some tracks then pushed his taxi inside the truck. This interception happened on a road similar to a mountain pass. This is all I know of it. I saw it as a little kid so time might've warped my recollection of it.

2) The second one I know exists, I used to have it recorded on a VHS (which I've been trying to find to figure the movie's name out, but without success so far). The storyline, as I recall it, basically was some kids finding a downed satellite in a forest, then getting hunted by this guy on a black, shiny motorcycle, wearing black overalls with a black, shiny (round, regular motorcycle) helmet. I think remember one of them running inside a phone booth. Later on in the movie the kids get (I think either called or kidnapped) to a military hospital of some sort, where I think it's revealed that the satellite contained the last strain of smallpox (the variola virus, neither of these terms yield results on IMDb).They show some patients lying in bed with real videos of smallpox victims on a screen to the kids. This is all I can remember.

I can say both are either from the 80's or early 90's at most.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 28th, 2011, 23:07

Daedolon wrote: 1) I know very little about this one, but it's about a taxi driver (male)...
I think I might have seen this too. Did the man have infinite stamina when in night? I remember in the movie, he became weak and died if left in sunlight.
Daedolon wrote: 2) The second one I know exists, I used to have it recorded on a VHS...
Same here. I recall it being called something like "moottoripyörämurhaaja" or something like that, but google didn't find anything.
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 28th, 2011, 23:10

So you think the smallpox one is not related to the motorcycle guy? For the Taxi thing, your observations are likely to be true.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 28th, 2011, 23:14

My memories are very vague, so I can't tell.
LOL HI!

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » May 25th, 2011, 13:19

Could the first movie be "Reanimator"? a horror film with a quasi-medical, single-word title and lots of hospital nasties revolving around a green substance.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Jan 30th, 2012, 23:24

Having watching several scenes from this movie ages ago, I occasionally remember it.

The scene revolved around a male and female character dressed modernly in a cave. There were several cave paintings, one of which was a lion that apparently moved and roared. Stepping outside of the cave, the characters saw a large statue with a frightening appearance. There was a supernatural beast of some form in the cavern, possibly originating from the paintings, that died with a melting effect.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Mar 30th, 2012, 21:52

Setting is haunted house, attacks by stone eagle statues, and a giant creature in the pool. Does this ring any bells?
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 31st, 2012, 08:52

Doesn't ring a bell but sure sounds like something I'd love to watch.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 18th, 2012, 17:15

Do we have any Posty members who are familiar with German-language cinema? I saw a movie in Europe two decades ago and I'd like to try for an ID.

Here are the relevant facts that I can remember.
Spoiler: show
The film's basic plot was that two adult male drifters somehow fell in with a runaway teenage girl. The girl's father or stepfather was a member of some armed force - police or possibly military - and he behaved abusively towards her.

The girl decides to run away with her drifter friends, who are traveling around with plans to drop by with an old girlfriend (in Westphalia maybe?). They do end up at the old girlfriend's place with the teenage girl, but her father has tracked her down. During a violent confrontation, the drifters accidentally kill the father/stepfather, but I cannot remember how. The rest of the movie is a fugitive flick, as the drifters try to get the girl to safety while the police hunt them. In the end the two drifters succeed in getting the girl to an airport and the police surround them and eventually gun them down.

Scenes I remember:
  • The girl jokes with the two drifters, saying "Hey! Faggots!" and then laughing at them when they both turn around, claiming that this confirms her suspicions that they're both gay.
  • There was one scene where the girl's dad scolds her about something trivial, and then sprays her with freezing water from a showerhead.
  • When the drifters take the girl cross country to their old girlfriend's place, one guy makes love to the girlfriend while she's on the phone.
  • The final scene of the movie, as I recall, is the two drifters bleeding to death after being gunned down by police. Overhead they see the girl's airplane take off and fly away, vindicating their sacrifice.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Aug 18th, 2012, 18:25

Umnir wrote:No success with the first one?
Can I hijack this thread ok thanks:
Im looking for series that is made in 2010 or 09, it's about village that pretty much dies because of some sort of alien object / meteorite etc. I could have sworn it was directed by Ridley Scott, but IMDB shows nothing... It was directed by some movie director I think. I remember seeing little parts where they have base of operations in high tech underground vault. Any ideas?
You know, when I read this again the idea suddenly sprung into my mind: could it be Roswell you're talking about?

This message brought to you by the standard Posty response rate team.