Help Me Out, Posty (Name That Movie)

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Help Me Out, Posty (Name That Movie)

Post by Daedalus » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:07

Well, this is a horror board in spirit, so I thought I'd bring my question here.

I saw a preview to a movie some time ago, or at least I think I did. It might've been coming or going, I can't remember, but my seeing this preview couldn't have happened earlier than around February 2010.

The film was of the horror/thriller genres. It had some plot centred around biological transformation / cloning / illness / hospitalization / mutation or all of the above. I remember it being quite "green" in its presentation (and I don't mean climatically aware, I mean in the literal sense). It might've also been regarded as "controversial".

It gets trickier. I obviously can't remember the title, and probably wouldn't even if I saw it. I'd likely need a preview to remember the film. It was also Hollywoodish.

So please help me out if you can, Posty. I know I haven't had many solid facts to offer here, but that's what shots in the dark are all about.

Farewell!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: Help Me Out, Posty (Name That Movie)

Post by Daedolon » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:14

Totally reminds me of The Fly.

Green horror movies (at least by DVD presentation) I can come up with now are Mimic and Alien Hunter.

Mimic and Alien Hunter are pretty good, and if you haven't seen The Fly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Don't forget about Species, either :P

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:20

February 2010. . .

Another clue: I think the film had a medical title, or something to that effect. Possibly leaning towards a single word. It definitely wasn't a sentence.

Thanks, though.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:21

Missed that bit, have to calculate for longer.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:37

There are several movies I can't remember...

1. What was that film that involved Ninjas and some cops (I think) and at the very end of the film, the main villain get's punched with his face inside out (literally) and says something about "my powers" and he makes a toilet flushing noise when he collapses to the floor.

2. There was another movie made in the 80s that involved Space Aliens and at the very end of the film it had a blob monster that came out of the movie theater screen (no this isn't "The Blob" remake from the 80s).

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:39

Yep, thanks, BoN. I should've further clarified that the thread can be used for anybody.

J - did you ever find that film about the ... aliens and the car, or something?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:44

I did not, actually. They are two films, I'll ask about them later.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 26th, 2011, 00:44

Roger.

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Mar 26th, 2011, 02:06

I hope this helps, Matt. But I believe the movie you are thinking of may be Daybreakers.

It is a green controversial Hollywoodish biological transformation horror/thriller that came out around February 2010.

I'm not sure how many other green controversial Hollywoodish biological transformation horror/thrillers there can be from early 2010.

I actually like the idea of this thread. For years and years I recalled a movie about ants taking over the world. It wasn't that old movie from the 50's, but something that used actual ants in the cast. I finally found the complete movie on youtube just last week after years of wondering what the hell it was. This thread could have saved me some time if it had existed earlier.

That 1974 movie for anyone interested, was called Phase IV. It was about desert ants that suddenly form a collective intelligence and begin to wage war on the desert inhabitants. It starts off pretty boring but then the ants get really smart. There's this one incredibly photographed scene where the ants line up all of their dead in a room and then march up and down the aisle with military ants watching from above. It used real ants and no CGI, and it was a typical 70's movie of doom and gloom, and the end of mankind. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

I seem to have wandered off topic. Carry on...

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Mar 26th, 2011, 03:20

I just thought of another forgotten movie that's been bugging me for a long time. It was from the 60's and it had a bunch of scientists in a lab that walked through a tv screen and went though time. Eventually they returned to the lab moments before they left and met themselves who were frozen in time. I haven't got a clue what the hell that movie was.

But here's the trailer for that movie about ants taking over the world. :D

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 26th, 2011, 03:54

lol, good effort, Kurt, but I'm afraid it wasn't that horrorish. It wasn't mythical or anything of that sort. Perhaps I imagined the entire thing in a spurt of madness. However, you get a bloody red star for that fitting the majority of the criteria anyway.

I'm glad the thread's finding a use for those here. (:

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Mar 26th, 2011, 07:24

Human Centipede?

kurt
.PSD

Post by kurt » Mar 26th, 2011, 07:45

LOL. There is to be no discussion of human centipedes here.

But "sensual" images and pretty blue colors are apparently ok.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 26th, 2011, 07:47

REC? (also American version Quarantine)

Further tip: go to IMDB and apply keyword search.
Good luck!
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 26th, 2011, 13:50

I still want to see Human Centipede, haven't just seen a copy around.