Hellen´s aerie

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jul 6th, 2009, 19:31

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Ophelia looks a bit uncertain/depressed...
That was intentional ;)

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 6th, 2009, 19:39

Hellen I have another suggestion, could you do a picture of Gabriel? (Maybe either Gabriella from Blood 2: The Chosen or Kurt's Gabriel you can decide)

Or maybe you could do a picture of all four of the chosen...

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jul 6th, 2009, 19:50

Well, why not! But... apparently people didn't like this last picture. Could it be Caleb's long hair? Whatever.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 6th, 2009, 19:57

Hellen wrote:Well, why not! But... apparently people didn't like this last picture. Could it be Caleb's long hair? Whatever.
If your talking about the bar picture well I think it had nothing to do with the long hair but more like the Cultists have two eyes or something.

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jul 6th, 2009, 20:07

No, the latest one.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 6th, 2009, 20:37

Hellen wrote:No, the latest one.
I guess you you were referring to the comments on DeviantArt and the lack of comments on Posty?

I guess you could do another Ophelia picture but this time making her a stronger character instead of being unfortunate/depressed like in the last one (perhaps I was thinking you could do a picture of Ophelia blasting gargoyles or maybe fighting Cheogh or something like that...or maybe you could do something similar to this only except with Ophelia taking a break setting next to a gargoyle (maybe Cheogh which may be alternative setting where she somehow broke free in the Alter of Stone level) .

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 6th, 2009, 20:54

I'm sorry for not commenting earlier, Hellen, I find that your latest two bits of work are absolutely amazing. I might as well go out to say that it is pretty much some of the best fan art ever made for this old game. No competition.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

wangho
Well Done
Location: Over here, over there, yonder, aways, sometimes nowhere.

Post by wangho » Jul 6th, 2009, 21:45

I prefer the phantom skeleton and crow she made for the Bloody Pulp Fiction splash screen, myself.

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jul 6th, 2009, 21:52

Aw. thank you, guys! I almost started to think that I'm being hated because of this hair dilemma. And apart from that, I did try a classic approach, so I didn't know what could be wrong...

BON, thanks for uncovering my DA account, now everyone knows! :lol:
I most probably WON'T do Ophelia fighting gargoyles(gargoyles were serving the Cabal just like the Chosen, they could hate each other, but why should they fight?) OR sitting next to Cheogh (they hated each other, why should they make friends). It must be something more... probable.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jul 6th, 2009, 23:23

Hellen wrote:
BON, thanks for uncovering my DA account, now everyone knows! :lol:
I most probably WON'T do Ophelia fighting gargoyles(gargoyles were serving the Cabal just like the Chosen, they could hate each other, but why should they fight?) OR sitting next to Cheogh (they hated each other, why should they make friends). It must be something more... probable.
Okay scrap the gargoyle, I guess you could do a art with all four of the Chosen during at one of their missions from Tchernobog (maybe you could place them in Victorian England with all four of them ruthlessly killing a bunch of people in a mansion or a ball room or something...)

RedFanatic
Pink on the Inside

Post by RedFanatic » Jul 7th, 2009, 04:29

I always had the impression Ophelia was pretty much totally crazy and really evil.
And although they do love each other it's more like She's using Caleb and manipulating him.

So I think your picture works good for that interpretation because Ophelia looks cold and distant, where as Caleb has a real sense of satisfaction on his face, as much as someone like him could be he looks content.
[color=red]Infuscomus Cruo Lokemundux[/color]

http://bpf.deathmask.net/
[img]http://bpf.deathmask.net/banner.gif[/img]

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jul 7th, 2009, 09:49

I love that latter pic with Ophelia who looks fantastic.

There's two things I don't feel right about Caleb: his hand pointing out seems a bit short, making him less menacing than he really is, plus his face just somehow looks weird to me, the left side anyway, maybe it's the outlines?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jul 7th, 2009, 10:56

Ah, Hellen, here, in your latest work, we find something truly fascinating. This image is easily worthy of Petersburg's Kunstkamera. Such boldness to take on the full scope of Blood's romantic aspect, as it is something very powerful in Blood and rarely explored. On the critical side I can agree with Jarmo that something about Caleb's outstretched arm seems off, but I can't quite place it. Perhaps the gun itself should've been a bit longer in its barrel, or more menacing in general. I think Ophelia's breast is a bit too prominent, as well. Not in size does it come on too strongly, but perhaps in comparison to the whole.

However, there is so much to appreciate about this one. A little Tchernie seal for Caleb's hat, delightful! The landscape is good and I see you even threw a Blood sprite in there, in the form of the skull on the pole. I like what you've done with Ophelia and she comes across as a very natural and troubled girl, which might've been an element at work in Caleb's eventual love for her. The greatest praise I can offer, however, is that this is most definitely Blood 1's Caleb. There's a certain measure of class and intelligence around the eyes and mouth -- a certain bridled malice that lets us establish that, yes, this is our grim-faced warrior-poet and not a fanciful lunatic. I don't personally fancy the nose, but there's obviously no standard to measure by on such a thing and it remains open to interpretation.

The image as a whole is peculiar in that it makes us wonder what exactly these two are doing waltzing around a graveyard, but perhaps that very aspect gives it a necessary dash of mystery of the very same kind that keeps Blood so enthralling.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jul 7th, 2009, 15:58

Maybe the breast should be a bit lower.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jul 7th, 2009, 16:19

Yes, I believe that could be the matter.

Keep going, Hellen. You just keep getting better and better. You're one of the few remaining artists in the Blood universe, so we can't afford to have you idle for too long. Now you can do Ophelia riding the Happy-Go-Pukey.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand