Your Favorite Arcane Tomes

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Re: Your Favorite Arcane Tomes

Post by morhlis » Nov 30th, 2010, 15:39

Dimebog wrote:Okay, I seriously want that bobblehead...
Fallout 3 Special edition :D

I got the lunch box too ~~~
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Dec 10th, 2010, 02:16

I plan to reread some HP Lovecraft books.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Dec 10th, 2010, 03:12

Lovecraft is always a pleasure ~ a twisted, foetid, unnameable pleasure for the depths of time and space.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Dec 10th, 2010, 03:18

Yeah, this should retain some surprise since I read most of the stories years ago.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 10th, 2010, 12:49

I am uncertain as to whether this is indeed a complete list, but here is an immense amount of Lovecraft's insatiable plunges into the depths of imagination.

http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Dec 11th, 2010, 06:00

I refuse to read fiction works on a screen. I know I'm a bibliophile, but thats just the way it is.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Dec 11th, 2010, 06:07

Yet you've read all those posts implying that I am a different person from Daedalus, which is clearly a fiction...
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Dec 12th, 2010, 01:02

PriestOfTheBeast wrote:Yet you've read all those posts implying that I am a different person from Daedalus, which is clearly a fiction...
:trollface:

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Dec 21st, 2010, 15:28

I finished reading this a few nights ago. That's not my copy by the way, but it was a photo of it, so it sufficed.

A fucking superb read to. If only because it is incredibly faithful as an adaptation to it's video game father, if you will. But unfortunately, it doess suffer from a few flaws. I don't really know how to explain it without revealing where the ending goes, so I shan't bother. I'll say this though; it would have been nice to see any actual cast characters (human or dino alike) to die just to add a degree of realism to the story. Oh alright, one did, but it felt insignifigant at best.

Despite those flaws though, I felt like it was far more faithful to it's game than many of your average video game turned hollywood movies as it fleshed out much of the Primal Rage universe that would have been revealed if PR2 was released. A shame it never was, but then, I appear to be one of the few who still appreciates this game nowadays.

I'll score this book a Seven.
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Dec 21st, 2010, 23:18

Excellent. Many big ones I didn't read, like At The Mountains of Madness and Dagon.

Though I'll most likely read these in a printed or ebook form, seeing as my eyes spend enough a lot looking at computer screens.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 22nd, 2010, 00:00

Pleasure to hear it was of some assistance :D

As for obtaining Lovecraft's macabre scopes of unparalled lucidity in paper format, the only collection I've come across is the 'Necronomicon'. Although I am not certain as to whether it holds the complete entirity of his works.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Dec 22nd, 2010, 01:13

I have 3 books currently.

Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre - Includes most of his famous works.

Dreams of Terror and Death - The Dream Cycle of H. P. Lovecraft

Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos - Mostly by other authors, includes some great stories.

All 3 books are missing some important ones, however (At the Mountains of Madness, etc.)

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » May 28th, 2011, 22:24

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on the "reading for fun" thing, it just doesn't work for me, I'd much rather watch a good movie. Still, here's a couple books I'm very glad I read:

"Dark Star: The Roy Orbison Story" by Ellis Amburn.
"Jewish Supremacism: My Awakening to the Jewish Question" by Dr. David Duke.

Both exceptionally enlightening in their own way 8)

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 28th, 2011, 23:13

Status Cruo wrote:"Jewish Supremacism: My Awakening to the Jewish Question" by Dr. David Duke.
Nice. I own "My Awakening" by Dr. Duke. Your post was a pleasant surprise.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » May 28th, 2011, 23:40

I too own "My Awakening", but even more of a pleasant surprise is the fact that I'm still able to log back in 8) . Talk about feeling home already.