HA(S)TE INDUSTRY - The Postmortem

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Le Babe
Well Done

HA(S)TE INDUSTRY - The Postmortem

Post by Le Babe » Sep 20th, 2009, 17:42

Hey all.

I started an electronic project last week, something I had in mind for quite a long time but never had the balls to start.

My first song will be dedicated to Blood, that's why I create this thread. It's a tribute to BLood and to this forum, The Postmortem.

I uploaded an extract of the song I started. I think The Postmortem is going to last more than 30 minutes, like many rave-party CDs. There're going to be different chapter I guess, like the game.

So, if you want to discover it :

www.myspace.com/thehasteindustry

Hope you'll enjoy it, or at least find the Blood samples nice :D .
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Sep 20th, 2009, 18:31

I love it. I laughed at the "I'll swallow your soul!" parts.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Sep 20th, 2009, 18:39

Haha, yes I find hands so funny too, I though it would be great in this kind of jungle passage.

Thanks.

EDIT : I updated the extract. Added some samples.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Sep 20th, 2009, 20:29

I love jungle.

You can try making samples from the CD sountrack, or maybe using some ambient sounds from the game to go with the actual beat. And it would be cool to hear some hinting to an actual theme from the soundtrack in the future. Like an Unholy Voices remix. Or maybe you could do an Unholy remix and make it sound like something that came off the Blood 2 soundtrack.

Keep it up.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Sep 20th, 2009, 20:35

I prefer writing tunes that remind people of blood's soundtrack instead of using those, but a remix is not impossible, I've already think of this. I love the melody we hear at the beginning of the CD track Dark Carnival, might use this as a wink in The Postmortem or another BLood related song (If I do one). BLood sounds are going to be integrated in the song as beats, perhaps later. I thought of doing an entire passage with only sounds as a transition or something.

And, every ennemies sounds, some weapons, miscellanous sounds and lots of Caleb quotes are to come too.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 21st, 2009, 03:00

Oh wow.

I was expecting something completely different, but much to my surprise this is something I can enjoy a lot. Please do make more. The electronic sounds you're using are fantastic.

The death sounds are intense :twisted:

EDIT: Finished the song. This is honestly the type of electronic music I'd go and buy from the stores, I really like this stuff as I'm into some stuff like this.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Sep 21st, 2009, 03:26

Yep, great work Le Babe. I hope you make more!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Sep 21st, 2009, 11:17

DOn't worry I'm gonna continue ^^.

I'm writing another song at the same time, something much more calm. I don't want to go only speedcore.

So I'm continuing The Postmortem and making another one, and I got other songs in the oven. Speedcore songs like The Postmortem are to come in the future. Since The Postmortem is gonna last quite a long time I can't start another song of this type or I'll fuck up the melodies.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Sep 22nd, 2009, 01:05

I came.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:59

:D :D thanks.

I uploaded another song, the calm one I talked about in my previous post. This not blood-related at all but go and listen to it if you're curious about it. I did not really mix it so I don't know how will the sound come out of your audio devices, but I guess every instrument should be audible.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 22nd, 2009, 14:13

I was kinda expecting more of that aggrotech style aggressive (no pun here) stuff, but the new track feels like it could be a great ending track with some work on the sounds.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Sep 22nd, 2009, 14:23

Agressive stuff will come later, with the continuation of The Postmortem and other small songs (by small I mean under 10 minutes).

Thanks for listening !

What do you mean by work on the sound ? You mean a better mix or adding different sounds, stuff like that ?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 22nd, 2009, 14:28

Well I have this very certain feel how piano should sound like and I think your song could benefit from a more crystal clear type of piano with some reverb more. Same for the synths, which could be a bit more clear somehow.

I could send you an example piano track if can I have the your base as MIDI.

I also really love how you put alot of stuff on top of each other in the end of The Postmortem, with more synths and stuff like that the sound would make an epic track.

Though don't listen to me too much, do what you want to work on yourself. It's just what I think you might benefit from.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Sep 22nd, 2009, 14:29

Sure, send it to my email adress, I PM you.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Oct 5th, 2009, 02:45

I put a new extract from The Postmortem song on http://www.myspace.com/thehasteindustry.