World of Darkness

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

World of Darkness

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 2nd, 2009, 19:06

I wonder if anyone here ever played or heard any of the WoD games (Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, Wraith: The Oblivion, Changeling: The Dreaming/Dark Ages: Fae, Hunter: The Reckoning, Kindred of the East, Mummy: the Resurrection, Demon: The Fallen, Orpheus, Dark Ages gamelines, The Old West/Victorian settings, and the NWOD titles such as Vampire: The Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Mage: The Awakening, Promethean: The Created, and Changeling: The Lost, Hunter: The Vigil, and the upcoming Geist: The Sin-Eaters?) and whats everyone's opinion about it? I personally never played the actual PnP games but I did got introduced to it through playing VTM: Bloodlines and VTM: Redemption however.

Also for those who never heard of the games here's couple links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness
http://www.worldofdarkness.com/
http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkn ... =Main_Page
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Last edited by Blood of Nightmares on May 22nd, 2009, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 3rd, 2009, 10:17

My first introduction to oWoD (old world of darkness opposed to the new and completely ruined WoD) was through VtM: Bloodlines and I was in love. For very very long time I was completely sinked into the "lore" and readed shitloads of the rulebooks and clanbooks just for fun. I've never played the pnp either but I haven't played any pnp games at all in that matter.

I haven't been into vampire stuff for a while now, but oWoD and especially VtM are big deal to me. I've actually considered to play Bloodlines now after a long break because I almost killed that game by playing it over and over for countless times. It's honestly one of my favorite games there is.

And yea, I also own the redemption. The good side about it was the epicness, but the major downside was the inability to choose your clan.. but then again, in the world of darkness you don't alway have the change to choose. ;)
LOL HI!

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » May 3rd, 2009, 10:22

I played the video game Vampire The Masquerade, that's all :D .
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 22nd, 2009, 20:36

Lastly going back to our beloved game we mostly discuss about here, if you were able to crossover the Blood universe and WoD universe what will it be like? Or what supernatural gameline would best describe Blood? Especially how would Caleb/The Chosen/The Cabal/Tchernobog/etc fit into the WoD lore?

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 22nd, 2009, 21:16

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Lastly going back to our beloved game we mostly discuss about here, if you were able to crossover the Blood universe and WoD universe what will it be like? Or what supernatural gameline would best describe Blood? Especially how would Caleb/The Chosen/The Cabal/Tchernobog/etc fit into the WoD lore?
No
LOL HI!

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 22nd, 2009, 23:28

Umnir wrote:
Blood of Nightmares wrote:Lastly going back to our beloved game we mostly discuss about here, if you were able to crossover the Blood universe and WoD universe what will it be like? Or what supernatural gameline would best describe Blood? Especially how would Caleb/The Chosen/The Cabal/Tchernobog/etc fit into the WoD lore?
No
Why so?

I was thinking that the Cabal could be a Nephandi cult, Caleb and the Chosen are ex-nephandi Marauders/Orphans, and Tchernobog himself could be a ascended Mage or something else that corresponds with the WoD lore and Tchernobog's realm is defiantly in the umbra.

Or maybe it's just better to present the Blood universe as a entirely new "gameline" with it's own cosmology, etc that exists within the WoD.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » May 23rd, 2009, 08:41

Or not.
Seriously, why?
LOL HI!

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » May 25th, 2009, 22:26

Umnir wrote:Or not.
Seriously, why?
Because it would be fun to see Caleb's reactions to (or maybe blasting) Kindred, Garou and other Shapeshifters, Awakened, the Fae (Dark Ages: Fae), Dreaming Changelings, Demons, Mummies, Wraiths, Kuie-Jinn (and other Eastern Supernaturals), The Imbued and other Hunters, etc.

Or maybe just imagine Caleb being in VTM: Bloodlines....

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Re: World of Darkness

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 7th, 2011, 12:54

To "emavatson":

All your previous posts were just barely feasible as non-spam, but this time you're not even trying to hide it. Your signature doesn't help either.

Reported and flagged.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 7th, 2011, 13:10

Thank you, citizen!

I had the same suspicion, but I was going to observe if the trend continued. I'll leave this one to Daedolon's discretion.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 7th, 2011, 13:27

Daedalus wrote:Thank you, citizen!
"Little Peon is Watching You"?
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 7th, 2011, 13:44

Daedalus wrote:I'll leave this one to Daedolon's discretion.
Oh... I wasn't aware I had to use discretion, the... thing is already gone. Carry on!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 8th, 2011, 05:23

I've played OWoD a bit. Oddly enough, I also played a Street Fighter game (of all things!) franchised for the ruleset. Needless to say, it was a very poor match.

OWoD is pretty good for fostering storytelling elements. It encourages players to get involved in the emotional processes of their characters and to really role-play rather than just declare attacks and then roll dice, a la DnD.

If you wanted to play a Blood style game in it, though, you'd probably have to tone down the action level quite a bit, or make some changes to the standard game setting and feel.

I have played several game systems and my favorite one so far is GURPS. It's very versatile and can be tweaked to facilitate a very broad range of very disparate game styles. Right now I'm running a game where the players are stranded modern humans stuck in a medieval- or even stone-age society After The Bombs Have Gone Off. I've also played games of GURPS where we've been secret agents inflitrating a sub, or martial artist wuxia heroes wandering around the kingdoms of ancient China, or monster hunters armed with stake and hammer in Gothic horror locales.

A GURPS Blood would be really interesting to do, actually. I've already statted up a Caleb and Tchernobog for it, although Tchernobog's trample attack is hard for me to model exactly. I just gave him an annihilating touch power instead.

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Jan 13th, 2011, 20:40

I see that steam carries Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. I've been wanting to play this since I first saw it on the shelves of EB Games years and years ago. I'll be honest I know nothing of the game play style but so many of my friends have made positive recommendations I feel stupid not trying it out.
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 14th, 2011, 22:06

morhlis wrote:I see that steam carries Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. I've been wanting to play this since I first saw it on the shelves of EB Games years and years ago. I'll be honest I know nothing of the game play style but so many of my friends have made positive recommendations I feel stupid not trying it out.
You cock!
It is one of my favorites, in my top5 I'd say. One of the best and most underrated games ever made.
Buy it already or I'll rape your skull while I force your mother to watch.
LOL HI!