The Super-Spectacular Update Whenever Shadowman 'Art' Thread

Discussion about music, movies and art in general.
Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Re: The Super-Spectacular Update Whenever Shadowman 'Art' Th

Post by Shadowman » Nov 21st, 2010, 06:46

:D
Thanks! Took me about an hour to draw.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Nov 21st, 2010, 10:30

Acute eye for detail molding the curved bend of the hat. Appears realistic from our side angle perspective of this manically pissed psychopath :D Impressed by the differing eye sizes, creating a foreboding twitch gaze, indicating an iminent burst of suppressed rage. Elongated lips add to the subtle, malicious stare. I admire the potency of the grey shading along the front piece, is this achieved by continually applying graphite to the same area? Moving the pencil in a consistent motion within the designated area for darkening.

I appreciate what I interpret to be a minimalist, core aesthetical approach. By which I refer to not applying any unnecessary detail on the anatomy, such as the size of the shoulders. Although I cannot be certain whether your sketch was influenced by the intention to adhere to the authenticity of the original design. Nonetheless, I find both left and right segments of the body to be equally symmetrical.

The new forum code/software appears to mandatorily crop images to prevent the dimensions of the page from being altered. I recommend placing a URL link to avoid any confusion.

Quite the exquisite hand you have at illustrations my elusive Shadow :D

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Nov 21st, 2010, 10:52

I think you should start posting at http://www.conceptart.org.
Sonic the Hedgehog fanart is especially appreciated over there.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Nov 21st, 2010, 13:28

Or he could just post it here. We don't mind.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Nov 21st, 2010, 17:16

Krypto wrote:Acute eye for detail molding the curved bend of the hat. Appears realistic from our side angle perspective of this manically pissed psychopath :D Impressed by the differing eye sizes, creating a foreboding twitch gaze, indicating an iminent burst of suppressed rage. Elongated lips add to the subtle, malicious stare. I admire the potency of the grey shading along the front piece, is this achieved by continually applying graphite to the same area? Moving the pencil in a consistent motion within the designated area for darkening.

I appreciate what I interpret to be a minimalist, core aesthetical approach. By which I refer to not applying any unnecessary detail on the anatomy, such as the size of the shoulders. Although I cannot be certain whether your sketch was influenced by the intention to adhere to the authenticity of the original design. Nonetheless, I find both left and right segments of the body to be equally symmetrical.

The new forum code/software appears to mandatorily crop images to prevent the dimensions of the page from being altered. I recommend placing a URL link to avoid any confusion.

Quite the exquisite hand you have at illustrations my elusive Shadow :D
Wowzers, a veritable wall of text! Thanks a bunch!
Usually for shading on previously coloured areas, I'll add a darker line which will outline the contours of the shadow and just fill it in. I think it gives the "cel shaded" appearance I'm going for. I did think the shoulders were a little bulky but I always have trouble with shoulders. I did start, I think, without a concept image, but I am trying to amend my style to fit the Norman Rockwell-esque quality of Team Fortress 2's art style.

Thanks again! And I think I will edit in a link there.
Hellen wrote:I think you should start posting at http://www.conceptart.org.
Sonic the Hedgehog fanart is especially appreciated over there.
I'll have to check that out.

EDIT
Apparently I can't edit old posts. Bah.
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7320/imghg.jpg

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Nov 21st, 2010, 19:12

Well, I already gave you my opinion in person, so all I can say here is ... give me moreee.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jul 22nd, 2012, 17:11