New beginnings

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

New beginnings

Post by Daedolon » Mar 29th, 2019, 19:07

Dear Posty user,

I was able to jump over the dozen of hurdles that were plaguing the site for years (stating that makes me very sad) and here we finally are; The Postmortem forums are finally back online, for good this time.

There were a multitude of factors causing the downfall, including things like phpBB's inability to stay up with the times (with PHP specifically), a Linux distro going end-of-life, even the lack of information on server to server migration on my part, but most of all, it was down to my personal demovation with fighting over these issues for days to weeks on straight. It got to me.

Regardless, here we are with a newly set up server and hopefully a more brighter future ahead of us.

With the new dawn of Blood ahead of us, we are being gifted with things such as BloodGDX, NBlood and BloodEX. This is the pivotal moment in Blood's history. I want every one of us to be riding the tides together, not alone. I hope you will find it in you to forgive me for these past transgressions. All of the history we have shared on The Postmortem is safe here, from 2014 through today... into infinity.

Excuse for the minty fresh theme for a small little while.

Welcome back!

- Jarmo / Daedolon

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: New beginnings

Post by Daedolon » Mar 29th, 2019, 19:14

Things to note
- Email service is fully up and running, feel free to reset your password. TLS is enabled, but if your password reset email goes into the trash, please let me know
- The main theme will be Minty fresh for a few weeks as I'm still busy working on Ion Maiden, but I have installed two darker themes for you to peruse.
- As stated above, I will be busy so the main site will be offline for the the moment. Details: I will have to go through all of the codebase to replace all mysql calls with mysqli ones. It's not an overnight, so I hope will you understand.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Apr 18th, 2019, 04:33

Unexpected downtime from me not having SQL start after a reboot, fixed.

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Apr 25th, 2019, 22:00

I hope this forum can "live again!!". Used to be the most active one. :D