Site feedback

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Le Babe
Well Done

Re: Site feedback

Post by Le Babe » May 4th, 2011, 18:12

I did not read through the whole thing. I ranted for nothing :oops: .

But I'm saying it again...now Posty is awesome for good.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » May 4th, 2011, 20:15

The cool kids consider reading to be demoralising wheir hands on action is more appealing! :wink:

I'm so badass I scatter bread in the garden to attract the multitude of bird species, particularly the adolescent young with blue face stripes and on one occassion I think I sighted a yellow Tit. Robin's are a rare encounter and are not to be treated lightly as they fleet in a flash!

Commence thread derailment gentlemen!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » May 4th, 2011, 20:20

Krypto wrote:Commence thread derailment gentlemen!
And here I was just thinking about splitting this thread.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » May 4th, 2011, 20:40

Krypto wrote:Commence thread derailment gentlemen!
Oh no you don't! Not this one!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

morhlis
Pink on the Inside

Post by morhlis » Sep 18th, 2011, 18:07

My, how this place has changed. I like it.
Cruentu Pestis Cruento Rudsceleratus Sum

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Sep 18th, 2011, 18:09

It has?

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:04

Suggestions...

1. Integrate a news board on the forum. (e.g you post a a news thread here to have it appear as an article on the home page)

2. Scaling function - a large image contained in a post could be re-sized in order to fit the post rather than displaying a fraction of it. I was viewing the Kevin Kilstrom thread and not all the images fit.

3. Move the Blood mapping threads and mapedit questions into the appropriate Blood modifications section. Users with similar inquiries would have a more readily accessible knowledge base. Stickying major mod threads (RATM, BPF, DW, BAITD) would bring convenience as well.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:46

1) Massive undetaking but I've considered it a long time ago.

2) Press the ∨A∧ button top right.

3) People keep posting them in the wrong section but we move them as we see them.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:06

Daedolon wrote:1) Massive undetaking but I've considered it a long time ago.

2) Press the ∨A∧ button top right.

3) People keep posting them in the wrong section but we move them as we see them.
The images' dimensions are still wider than the post's borders. We can follow direct URL's for the images of course, but viewing threads with pictures would be so much easier if the wide ones were scaled to the maximum dimensions with a "view full image" bar on top. I've seen this feature on vBulletin forums frequently.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:42

I guess I can add some code later.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Oct 11th, 2013, 22:51

Do you think we could get a button for the Files Section on the top bar? It's pretty odd it's obscurely hidden right at the bottom of the main site, only came across it by investigating. Good job on collecting all the Blood shareware versions! How about putting the MIDI Music pack there?

Also bugger I used to have all of Hellen's Blood Artwork then lost/misplaced it for some reason :(

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 12th, 2013, 00:55

The file system is still WIP and missing stuff.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 14th, 2013, 10:58

Krypto wrote:Also bugger I used to have all of Hellen's Blood Artwork then lost/misplaced it for some reason :(
I've got it backed up in several places. I think it's fairly complete. I'll provide it if I remember to (which is unlikely, given it's a Monday morning here).
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Oct 15th, 2013, 18:30

Even I don't have those pictures anymore!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 15th, 2013, 19:55

I'll also do something to accommodate stuff like that.