Expanding the Blood Community

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Expanding the Blood Community

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jan 25th, 2011, 03:57

Hello everyone and Bloodites who dwell in this forum.

Has anyone here thought of expanding the Blood Community a bit since it's actually very small and there isn't a whole lot of forums to choose from rather than this, the Postmortem, Transfusion forums, Deathmask forums, and of course there's a Russian Blood Community which I don't think English speaking Bloodites visit there too much.

Even though Blood is a cult classic, I thought Blood's Community needs growth like for example a Blood super site like Doomworld and I've been wondering anyone here has any plans to start another website and a forum dedicated to Blood?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Expanding the Blood Community

Post by Daedalus » Jan 25th, 2011, 09:31

Expansion would imply that we're overpopulated and need to branch out - we aren't and we don't. Additional sites would only fracture what little is left. Of the sites you mentioned only RBC and Posty are active and I've since determined that it would be better that these sites stay separate. Transfusion is a revolting relic that needs to be left in the past where it belongs. I would prefer to reflect on its days of strength and remember them fondly rather than entertain the notion that something of virtue exists on a site which no longer has an objective and values trolls above Bloodites.

But let's wait and see how many people are attempting to construct a new Blood site.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jan 27th, 2011, 04:23

I'm fairly certain it's just us.

That's kind of the unfortunate truth. There are people who play Blood, but there aren't many. There isn't really much "recruiting" to be done other than talking to your friends and saying, "Hey, you should play this game. It's totally cool."

It's sad that the only phrase I have right now to describe it is, "be happy with what you've got."
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 27th, 2011, 15:25

Alright here's a deal for you BON.

How about you deathmask an episode blind folded and following a successful decimation I'll 'attempt' to construct another domain revering Monolith's crown jewel.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 27th, 2011, 18:15

We don't need another megasite. Posty is going to become a megasite once the main website is up.

We are the only ones left. Now, bloodites will come here one day or another that's for sure.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 27th, 2011, 23:11

What we need is more rack :D

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 28th, 2011, 00:26

Now that Ella is taking a vacation, we should start a NSFW thread with beautiful ladies in Spare parts.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 28th, 2011, 00:52

Krypto wrote:What we need is more rack :D
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 28th, 2011, 01:41

Le Babe wrote:We don't need another megasite. Posty is going to become a megasite once the main website is up.

We are the only ones left. Now, bloodites will come here one day or another that's for sure.
If you build it they will come...

Unfortunately they may not join or ever return again either, if done incorrectly. Although a website of rack could literally make them come.

"More rack and Blade Runner damn it! It will solve everything I tell you!"

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 28th, 2011, 09:20

Friday's only begun and that's already my favourite post.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 29th, 2011, 16:27

There is some limited rack in Blade Runner. Not least Rutger Hauer's.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 29th, 2011, 16:40

Too bad they removed the better love scene from it.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 30th, 2011, 15:18

Le Babe wrote:We don't need another megasite. Posty is going to become a megasite once the main website is up.
I agree with this. We need content - until then, we're just another group of forum warriors messing around.

Once we get a central repository of wikis, modding guides, walkthroughs, and -skinjob racks- user-made mods, that alone should place Posty as one of the few remaining Blood-related content sites around.

Link to Transfusion (or whatever the Quake port was called). See if anybody is working on a Source engine or Thief engine version of the game - and if not, see if you can persuade somebody to play it and get a mod off the ground. (I think it's legal for you to find somebody who's done Source/Thief modding and then buy them One Unit Whole Blood from GOG.com as a gift.)

Maybe even open up the site to include other less-known horror games which don't have much support on their own makers' forums. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth could be one, as could Clive Barker's Undying and Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi. All of these are atmospheric horror games which never really sold well and so might deserve a small "miscellaneous" portion of the site too.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 30th, 2011, 15:20

Panoptic Blur wrote:Once we get a central repository of wikis, modding guides, walkthroughs, and -skinjob racks- user-made mods, that alone should place Posty as one of the few remaining Blood-related content sites around.
All coming.
Panoptic Blur wrote:Link to Transfusion
Link list coming.
Panoptic Blur wrote:Maybe even open up the site to include other less-known horror games which don't have much support on their own makers' forums.
No.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 30th, 2011, 20:30

Daedolon wrote:
Panoptic Blur wrote:Maybe even open up the site to include other less-known horror games which don't have much support on their own makers' forums.
No.
Rationale?