More Spam

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Re: More Spam

Post by Shadowman » Jan 20th, 2011, 02:02

What's this I hear about more moderators?
:wink:

Also, it must be all over the place, because a few places I frequent seem to be getting these spambots as well, and they all seem to be using seemingly coherent sentences and real-er sounding e-mail addresses, but they are still spambots. Must be some sort of new trend.
Achievement Unlocked: <3*
(Since returned to Daedalus.)
Achievement Unlocked: Kickass Chaos Avatar by Ella.

Achievement Unlocked: Best Insult Ever

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 20th, 2011, 09:22

They are... evolving...
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 20th, 2011, 15:27

After four years they say the spambots develop their own emotions. You know, fear - love - hate - anger.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 20th, 2011, 20:04

The last person we hired to retire these bots can breathe okay as long as nobody unplugs him.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 21st, 2011, 00:50

samuelarichardson is god
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Jan 21st, 2011, 03:09

The thought of someone being bored enough to attack these boards with spambot imitations sounds unrealistic. There are individuals who would devote an effort to attack a single, small community, but these intrusions aren't exclusive to Posty.

Looks like spambots did upgrade, and continue to...
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jan 21st, 2011, 03:11

Yea, there's a spambot in this forum right now.
If at all possible, I would reccomend deleting the thread without actually clicking on it. There are images on the post, and I don't know if they might also contain scripts that could be malicious. I noticed it and left the page before the images actually loaded.

Oh wait. There's a few.

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 21st, 2011, 05:28

I don't know whether these are automated bots or crazy people on a mission of destruction. But they are damned annoying. Nobody likes party crashers, especially samuelarichardson because he always wants to talk about his impotence.

I still have my napalm launcher armed if you need a hand.

Shadowman
The Posty Baby

Post by Shadowman » Jan 22nd, 2011, 18:21

Give him a break, his doodle doesn't work.
:P

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 9th, 2011, 09:29

WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!

Jarmo, the bots are coming in fast and furiously! *Holds door with his body*

I can't hold them forever! This has to stop before everyone on Posty starts falling for scams and has enormous penises from eating pills!

*Door flies open, pushing Daedalus against wall*

RAAHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Mar 9th, 2011, 09:46

Eeek gad those cybernetic insurgents are improvising with every passing minute, behold the descent of Gigabot! D:

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 9th, 2011, 09:49

Daedalus wrote:WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!

Jarmo, the bots are coming in fast and furiously! *Holds door with his body*

I can't hold them forever! This has to stop before everyone on Posty starts falling for scams and has enormous penises from eating pills!

*Door flies open, pushing Daedalus against wall*

RAAHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHH!!!!
I imagined this in SS2-styled audio-note (with noise, shotgun shooting and hybrid moaning) and it was very intense.
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 9th, 2011, 11:16

We has le spam?

Actually, just report spamming users in this thread with a nice URL or their usernames, as it might not be as easy for me to see who did what if the posts get deleted by Daedalus or Dime.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 9th, 2011, 13:12

Umnir wrote:I imagined this in SS2-styled audio-note (with noise, shotgun shooting and hybrid moaning) and it was very intense.
Awesome!

We are, we are, we are, we are...

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Mar 9th, 2011, 13:22

Daedalus wrote:
Umnir wrote:I imagined this in SS2-styled audio-note (with noise, shotgun shooting and hybrid moaning) and it was very intense.
Awesome!

We are, we are, we are, we are...
I got spam to pick one of those branches from the city park. I stroke it to wall and it sang to me... it was beautiful, like nothing I've ever heard before.
LOL HI!