Morphology, Longevity, Incept Dates

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: Morphology, Longevity, Incept Dates

Post by Daedolon » Jan 21st, 2011, 21:29

Sure, but I hope you don't mind if I play the piano a little, though.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 21st, 2011, 21:32

You play beautifully.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 21st, 2011, 21:59

Daedalus wrote:Voight-kampff machines shouldn't really be compared to human beings. It's akin to comparing apples and rotten candy.
More like comparing magnifying glasses and little crawly ants!!! amirite???

I also suspect Umnir is drunk. Business as usual then.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 22nd, 2011, 00:07

Fascinating.

Serious threads are filled with random nonsense by the person that asks everyone to be serious. We can all participate or just observe while he has conversations with himself instead. It's almost as much fun as everyone being Phosphoric Acid. Of course any serious thread about the future needs Asians and Blade Runner. That's to be expected since all threads will eventually be filled with Asians and Blade Runner.

It's sad though that the future of the Blood community can't be taken seriously or given a great deal of thought, by either the members or the original poster. Instead of ideas and suggestions that discuss creating a promising future, this serious topic has degenerated into another garbage bin. There's a time and a place for nonsense, but leaders create the future through their own actions and by setting an example for others to follow. There's been lots of promises made of a new golden age arriving when this forum is eventually overhauled. But over a year later, the only new creation has been a donate button to entice women and children to join this community.

Spambots seem to want to participate here though. There's nothing more I can add to this thread at this point.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jan 22nd, 2011, 00:40

One the most important things we should be discussing about is when this site getting a overhaul anytime soon since it's been over a year now since this post.

Let's move on to Posty Time...

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:33

^ That post you linked to is dated April 2010, which is less than a year ago.

Or am I just missing something?

To kurt: Sorry for derailing the thread. Wasn't my intention.

Long story short: I think Blood can be ported to other engines with a different, cerebral (or character development) focus. This might make it more relevant to female gamers' tastes.

I'm not sure Blood can be made relevant for "young" gamers. The game itself isn't intended for gamers below a certain age.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:45

Panoptic Blur wrote:^ That post you linked to is dated April 2010, which is less than a year ago.

Or am I just missing something?

To kurt: Sorry for derailing the thread. Wasn't my intention.
This has been a temporary forum since late 2009. Thank you for staying on topic.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 22nd, 2011, 02:57

I wonder if the mods could just cut and paste the irrelevant "chatter" posts into a new thread. Something like "OMG POTB IS AZNzors!" or similar might suffice.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:11

My apologies, Kurt. It was my understanding that everyone who was going to say something on the topic had done so - people weren't exactly flooding in to give their feelings on it, but you are correct. This is the second most serious part of the board and this topic was intended to be quite serious. I'll perform some form of cleanup later. As for everyone else - back on topic under penalty of corporal punishment!

Phosphoric Acid out.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:31

Blasted South African dynamic IP CRAP.

J - please split this into Spare Parts. I think a good spot is from Umnir's first "Asian Labourer" post. Thanks.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 22nd, 2011, 08:02

All of this?

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:06

I'm still contemplating a solution to the core matter.

Matt, you seriously need to make yourself available on MSN. You know that, right?
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Jan 22nd, 2011, 13:14

The unprecedented tragedy of these hallowed halls transmuting to the ether as the current bearers of the cult disintegrate to the cosmos with no descendants to carry on the fold, is a considerably prominent agony emanating from the infinite expanse of your multidimensional mind, in collaboration with the reverent loyalty perched upon an ever ascending mountain of pride to the ebony mistress of quintessential craft, with each additional member to the cult, scraping the apex of the horizon pulsating from the hearth of your bosom.

I feel a deep sympathy for this plight marked upon one possible path leading into the doorway of tomorrow. What more delightfully appealing method of captivating the potential descendents attention to Blood, then making your offspring acquainted with her sweet delicacy? Certainly this is a self-evident prospect which has scoped your mind perhaps, given it is a simple possibility with the least strain of exertion required.

However it hangs upon a dangling thread of conscience within each Bloodite as to whether they so wish to insinuate the seed of reverance into their kin, to ensure Blood is echoed throughout every corridor and expanse, so that it may never be confined to the netherest reachs of the ebony through being merely forgotten.

I concur with the concern over Blood's anomalistic majesty in contrast to the sheer thousand of doppelganger titles, particularly evident in the FPS genre of both the 90's and straggling over the tip into the wary millennium. No other title can match the vigilance of a tactician and consistent focus required in it's interaction, which having surveyed an unrecollectable number of opinions scattered to and fro, it has come to my attention that Blood is uncommonly subjected to the prejudice cries of being too difficult or unfair. A prominent incapability of the observer or player to adapt to the unique diversity of the combat. Atleast on higher difficulties the phrase 'mindless shooter' is alien and bears no grounds in Blood's macabre realm.

So her grace is at risk of being shunned by this troublingly insignificant point, which may pierce the bias of the bewildered or adolescent mind upon initial discovery, which may prevent them from delving further but retreating in despair. Yet assuming the individual has not simply stumbled across Blood alone, but has first heard of it through being spoken upon forums associated with discussion of the 'Build Games' or through an acquiantance directing them to a humble yet zealous community of admierers, shall detract from the plight of self-alienation.

Therefore I propose both defending Blood where she is disdained, and promoting her unparalled glory across the cyber realm which shall increase the probability of perking the attention of elusive lurkers or would be gamers. Yet regardless of what thoughts may encirculate her, a concise and humble approach to the matter shall prevent the manifestation of discords arising and accentuating from those whom carry a severe intolerance towards her. Presumedly deriving from the difficulty or some other mechanic, would be evident of one whom disdains that which is unknown at first. The foolishness of ridicule and scrutiny birthed from the cavern of ignorance or mere confusion.

Although in encountering one whom dislikes Blood due to a number of points associated with her mechanics but does not absolutely loath her, presents an easier opportunity to lead one through any disgruntlement or forebearing they may have, as a seasoned Bloodite would not first have to wrestle with the stubborness of the newcomer who continually assaults without inquiry into the root of their anguish. Through sharing your own experiences and encouraging them not to be at first disheartened at the volatility of the gameplay on higher difficulties, given the prodigiously arbitrary behaviour of the A.I and hot shot nature of the Cabal.

I do not agree with the stereotype of the female being disdained by violence, as in this day and age almost all humans are born into a matrix of social engineering, detached from the ability to explore the world freely in nature, but instead ushered unobjectively oweing to their takeover of the Earth, by the delusion of the gangreous city. Brainwashing spawns from any source which desires to impose it's will upon another relentlessly and continually. The grooming of religion, the hypnotic molder of behaviour, beliefs and consolidated opinions of Television, the imposition of obedience to authority in 'Education' centres.

One should step back and consider just how artifically fictional today's world is, a subtle war waged upon free thinking and sentient beings. Everything has a reason, a cause and effect, their is no coincidence or luck, they are merely the tradegies of the mortal whom has yet to grasp a more accute comprehension of reality.

Their is little opportunity for new born to 'think for themselves' bombarded from every angle by the whims of those whom consider they have a responsibility to usher their perception of reality unto others. Suddenly you find the rise of docile, sheeple and attempt to pin point the root source of the dilema, it is a tradegy to consider the well meaning intent of parental nurturing, but only to effectively 'steal the soul' of another by quite literally shaping their reality for them.

As to your assertion with regards to what attracts the young and females I am uncertain, as I commonly utilise the cyber realm for research and have little interest in forum boards or social networking sites, as I find it is not an interest when I contemplate everything myself and their are so very few dynamic, sentient beings in high numbers at this time upon the Earth, thereby few mortals captivate my attention.

Yet how to harness the element of intrigue towards Blood? I consider it would futile to direct one's effort towards today's docile generation in the physical realm that is. Instead the Bloodite may share their experience in a concise manner with friends whom have an intrigue in FPS and across forum boards specifically discussing oldschool FPS or gaming in general. Yet taking care not to invoke pride and reverence in one's words in attempting to perk the interests of a newcomer, as it would inhibit the cognizance to fuse the sweet nectar of emotion which makes one human, in presenting their admiration of an object to another. One's truth is unique to their own perception, you cannot rely on others seeing what you see.
Unhappy Kurt
Sounds like you could use a hug, may I? :D

Anticipating huge flames due to the potentially confusing dialogue, make it creative!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 22nd, 2011, 14:47

Thank you for your thoughts, Krypto. I've a plan in my mind to "sell" Blood to others online, but that is a plan for some time in the future.

J - the topic's returned to its purpose, I suppose we're fine now.

Dime - February / March I'll be around almost as much as the days of old (job excluded), that is if I'm not destined to die.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » May 27th, 2011, 20:56

Umnir wrote:People prefer the products of their age, as we do
This may not be necessarily true for video games. I skipped over the whole late 70's-early 90's era because it all looked like crap to me. Video game technology was at such a primitive stage that it wasn't worth my time. I knew people who literally turned down hot dates for a couple stupid pixels moving on a screen. I'd return from the disco and they'd still be there, glued to an impossibly flickery interlaced monitor, throwing away the best years of their lives.

It wasn't till Doom that I started paying attention to video games, and I don't recall caring for anything past the 3dfx era. Not the products of my time if by "time" you mean your teens, but I favor these games over anything else, with Blood being the most enjoyable moment in video game history.