Morphology, Longevity, Incept Dates

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Morphology, Longevity, Incept Dates

Post by Daedalus » Jan 20th, 2011, 15:08

You're not getting away that easily.

How do you suppose a Blood "wiki" will serve to inspire youngsters and females to participate in our mission?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 20th, 2011, 15:25

Videogame wikis are a useful tool for the game and are especially attractive for newcomers who want to get the "full scoop" on the game beyond a mere "how do I kill X" walkthrough.

Whether they'd attract females specifically to the site is debatable. I'd say their general usefulness still makes them a good idea in contributing solid content to a legacy game site. It would bring in new people, overall. If it brings in women and children to diversify our demographics, so much the better.

But right now the site is mostly a forum where people chat, rather than a nexus for game info and content.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 21st, 2011, 05:30

I agree that a wiki should be part of this site. I also previously mentioned that I thought the Postmortem should be the ultimate Blood site on the internet. It should be the site that everyone turns to when they want to find out Blood facts or news related to the Blood universe. The Postmortem could certainly do a better job then the current wiki on the internet, which promotes abhorrent DOOM mods as the future of the Blood community.

But I believe that information of value will attract people. If visitors like what they find on a site, and if its presented well, then they might choose to participate. However currently this forum is all there is of the Postmortem. Its been in a temporary form for over a year, and the site is comparable to a hastily built shack at a construction yard that promises a new modern highrise will be built. It's nice that a new building is "coming soon" but the highrise must be built to demonstrate its strength and stability. Maybe then a variety of people will want to move in, otherwise persistent spambots will make this their home instead.

Or we could simply abduct women and children and lock them in the yard...

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 21st, 2011, 11:59

We could hire some chinese to play Blood and then talk about it here?
I bet they'd cost like 0,10€ / day.
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 21st, 2011, 12:07

You want pray Brud?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jan 21st, 2011, 12:18

Me play brudbäth long tiem!
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 21st, 2011, 12:23

Umnew, if only you could see what I've seen with your Posty.

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 21st, 2011, 13:41

Daedalus wrote:... so I ask that we please be serious
The Chinese are very serious, and they seriously don't like serious threads not being taken seriously.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 21st, 2011, 14:03

kurt wrote:
Daedalus wrote:... so I ask that we please be serious
Aww that wasn't a bit nice!

In some peculiar alternately thinking realm, Umnir's suggestion made a kind of sense. I don't see this exchange as being terribly off topic, but fine, back to seriousnessness.

It's a shame that Asia never got exposure to Blood. I'm curious as to how it would've been received over there. At least we'd all have at least thirty sealed Blood boxes in that eventuality. . .

China will grow larger.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 21st, 2011, 15:17

Umnir wrote:We could hire some chinese to play Blood and then talk about it here?
If you do that, then I demand to be paid. Because up till now I've been doing this for free dammit.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 21st, 2011, 15:24

Oh, so you're Chinese?
Spoiler: show
:trollface:

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 21st, 2011, 15:25

Yes.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Jan 21st, 2011, 15:26

I knew it
:trollface:
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 21st, 2011, 15:28

So did I! :O
THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT. THE FUTURE IS SOY.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Jan 21st, 2011, 15:34

Panoptic Blur wrote:
THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT. THE FUTURE IS SOY.

Tom Soyer told me 8)
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc