Name change requests

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Name change requests

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 7th, 2011, 03:51

I'd like to request that the mods change my username from PriestOfTheBeast to "Panoptic Blur".

This would be more fitting to my avatars, which I expect to all be eye-based, and also will retain the same acronym per syllable as my current username, POTB.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: Name change requests

Post by Daedolon » Jan 7th, 2011, 03:57

I was kind of expecting you to want to change your username to "Priest of the Beast".

I guess this is possible, but I really dislike the fact that once you change someone's username, they start begging for a chance every month. You sure with this?

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 7th, 2011, 04:06

Yep, if you change my username to "Panoptic Blur" then I'll stay with it ever after and no complaints.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 7th, 2011, 09:21

Crap. When I logged on this morning, I thought we had a new user. ;\

Anyway, such a thread was essential. I've seen how on some forums people chance their names weekly. It's impossible to keep track of.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 7th, 2011, 13:03

Excellent! :steeplefingers:

Yes, there are forums where the mods will allow users to request name changes - but if they do, there is almost always a moderated sticked thread keeping track of each change so that an observer can get the story straight if necessary.

Also: how could this possibly be a new user when this account is one of your DLs?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Jan 7th, 2011, 13:28

This way the ruse is more convincing.

Interesting fact: I made the typo of typing 'change' as 'chance'. Daedolon made the same error in his post. Is it possible that I was subconsciously influenced?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 7th, 2011, 15:54

Daedalus wrote:Is it possible that I was subconsciously influenced?
Is this to be an empathy test?