History of The Postmortem?

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Re: History of The Postmortem?

Post by Dimebog » Oct 12th, 2010, 14:44

I am Phosphoric Acid.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 12th, 2010, 14:47

Perhaps, but he was the beginning and he shall be the end. There is a little of him in all of us. Phosphoric Acid, The Postmortem Overfather.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 12th, 2010, 16:59

Daedalus wrote:Okay, you all took too long, so I'll let the cat out of the bag. The Posty and all that it is was spawned from the consciousness of Phosphoric Acid.
PAcid will certainly contest this!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Oct 12th, 2010, 17:51

Chapter Five (which may be sung as a hymn unto the tune of "What's New Pussycat" by cantor Thomas of Jones)

Praise to Tchernobog! O-o

Tchernobog, Tchernobog
Binds the fabric
Of planes, with magic
And cultists too!
Draining their power acutely as nobody knows.
Tchernobog, Tchernobog
We serve you
Yes we do...
Harvesting infidel souls!

Tchernobog, Tchernobog
We are willing,
Through rapes and killings,
To care for you
Show us the makeup of quasi-dimensional ties!
Tchernobog, Tchernobog
Warp the rules
Let us through...
Cleansing the infidels' lies!

Tchernobog, Tchernobog
We're religious
Depraved, and vicious
And all for you!
You'll soon be sipping the blood spilled from infidels' lips!
Tchernobog, Tchernobog
Screams ensue
Caleb too...
Ringing through recondite crypts!
Echoing infidels' cries!
Feasting on innocents' souls!
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 12th, 2010, 18:04

Okay that was pretty good :lol:

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Oct 12th, 2010, 22:12

Drakan wrote:This place has a most welcome stay in my heart. This wolf loves each and every one of you all. Even if he's dyed his hair blue for now.
Indeed. It is nigh indistinguishable to compare The Posty to any other internet board, and still truly refer to it as a second home. Oweing to the benevolent nature of the companions established here, who actually feel Human in their personality exhibiting both heart and spirit. I have always felt their is a constant flame lit here, ever warm and vibrant as a metaphor referring to the sincerity of the active user base.

I admire your affection Dan! I think your desire to mirror such feelings are an indication of a balanced Male and Female energy. From my own mind their are two energies or influences if you will, which represent the behaviour of an individual. The Male or Lunar energy is characterised by voldness, courage and initiative for lack of a more acute detail. While the Female or Solar energy is entwined with the creativity, along with emotions. I am referring to Lao Shi's (I think he created it?) Yin and Yang symbolism.

Here's to being bound to The Postmortem to the death!

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 12th, 2010, 22:37

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
LOL HI!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Oct 12th, 2010, 22:40

Something clogged in your throat there Umnir? :D

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Oct 13th, 2010, 02:44

I think you broke him down into tears. :D

But seriously, thank you Ali. I never even thought of myself in that way before! but I merely believe such affection to display is in order as, really, The Posty's most wondeful to me, and I'm honoured to be such a long time member.

Particularly since I have few friends in meatspace these days and no longer have a desire to make more. it's a long story. To simply put it, I used to hang out with someone who gave me no joy to be around, tolerated it for a while, dumped him, and now he's being an asshole about it. weeeeee.
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 13th, 2010, 09:15

Drakan wrote:I think you broke him down into tears. :D
It's almost the same, after all it's warcry and it has word cry in it.
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 13th, 2010, 10:29

Drakan wrote:I used to hang out with someone who gave me no joy to be around, tolerated it for a while, dumped him
Excellent. :wink:
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Oct 17th, 2010, 21:02

I used to have acquaintances, but then I had to kill them for their lack of any backbone :twisted:

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 20th, 2010, 14:46

Well since thread has died, I'll post had I had written up earlier:

The site first opened to public June 30th, 2002 (Posty's birthday!). Back then we had a YaBB forum, but it was quickly replaced by phpBB2 in 2004 (28.03.2004 12:59 to be exact). The 2004 database is still the very same what we're using now, but I updated to phpBB3 at some point, I forget which.

I was gonna write an in-depth (as I can remember) history for the new site with pictures of the old site. Though I'm going to grab help from Matt on that.

I can't really comment on the history more than that unless you want spoilers from the upcoming history writeup (seriously though, there isn't too much to talk about).

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 20th, 2010, 15:25

And how exactly Jarmo and I met remains a mystery.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 20th, 2010, 16:10

And the similarity in names is pure coincidence :D