"Mark forums read" not working?

Discussion about your definitive Blood site.
Panoptic Blur
Well Done

"Mark forums read" not working?

Post by Panoptic Blur » Oct 10th, 2010, 15:03

^ What it says.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

NAto
Well Done

Re: "Mark forums read" not working?

Post by NAto » Oct 10th, 2010, 17:46

Strange, it works for me. Does it say something about having an invalid session?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 10th, 2010, 18:04

I haven't had a problem with it myself. So it could be either your cookie settings or your session. Try logging out and clearing your browser's cache.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Oct 10th, 2010, 18:22

I have the problem too, with Posty. Might be something to do with cookies. But I think I can clear subsections one by one when I enter them and hit the link.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Dec 14th, 2010, 12:59

I think I've narrowed down the problem. The "Mark forums read" link works for every forum EXCEPT the Blood forums. Possibly because it's got a subforum and that confuses the forum script (?)

I'm using Google Chrome and it's set to accept cookies from Posty.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 14th, 2010, 21:59

I never had any problems with this on Opera so I guess it might be a browser thing.

If you have some free time (and an actual internet connection, what I don't have), try googling, the forum software is called phpBB3.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Dec 16th, 2010, 02:18

Oh, I figured out what the problem was.

In the Blood forum, there are two subforums (Blood modifications and Blood fan games), and then underneath that there are just the standard posts in the Blood forum.

In order to mark the entire Blood forum as read, you must take care of two separate categories - the subforums ("Mark forums read") and then lower down on the same page, the Blood topics ("Mark topics read").

Problem solved!