Beta Blood2?

Discussion about Blood II and its addons.
Corbin
The Heretic

Beta Blood2?

Post by Corbin » Dec 10th, 2009, 11:38

This is interesting, I found this while sitting in a cloud the other day.

This is nuts! It's always interesting to see how a game is designed while a 3d engine is being designed in parallel. I like how the guns are angled in this version - they should have kept it that way.

Also - did they not even bother to use Caleb's sounds from the original Blood as placeholder? Near the end it seems the player steps in some sort of water or something and dies - good God...

In seeing this video I burned away any and all remarks I've ever made about Blood2 being a tech demo - they certainly worked on it as much as they could have with their tech. The DLIGHTS though are still shit...

If you had your choice of what engine Blood 2 should've been developed on, what would that engine be? Personally I'm all for the original Unreal engine, but the id Tech 2 engine would've been pretty sweet too.
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
-Thomas Jefferson

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Beta Blood2?

Post by Daedalus » Dec 10th, 2009, 11:46

The player dies because the water's electrified.

Thanks for sharing the vid. I'm hardly an expert in such a thing, but I've got a lot of faith in Unreal, if it had to come down to it.

And all along I thought Blood 2 was released in its alpha phase.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Corbin
The Heretic

Re: Beta Blood2?

Post by Corbin » Dec 10th, 2009, 11:51

Daedalus wrote:And all along I thought Blood 2 was released in its alpha phase.
:lol: touche'
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
-Thomas Jefferson