cutn' ana' pastn'

Discussion about Blood II and its addons.
zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

cutn' ana' pastn'

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jan 8th, 2009, 02:13

Windebieste asked this question after i had deluged him with my standard memorized solutions. None of those seemed to help the guy so I brought his query to this place. I doubt there's anything else to do for him but it can't hurt to try.
I have re-installed 'Blood2' and have also installed the 'Nightmares' pack but I still get the same blank screen issue. Setting the software renderer and resolution in the launcher and changing the renderer to D3D (and retaining the same resolution) option in the game menu fixes the problem for that session only.

How do I use the 'maxfps' command? I tried entering '-maxfps 60' in the command line, but it made no difference.

Plus I have adjusted the graphics options as suggested. Still no change.

---

Also, I have installed DEdit and am having some issues with it:

On my current install of the editor, individual Brushes and Objects refuse to be selected with the mouse in either of the orthogonal or the perspective windows and are only selectable in the Node Tree. Is that a quirk of the older version of DEdit or should such fundamental actions be performed as expected?

I also noticed that the options are somewhat scant and there is no 'Run' tab to set up a path to the executable in order to run WiP maps. Is there a command to run maps from within the editor as Ctrl+Alt+R won't work without that Run option enabled?

Thanks!

-Windebieste.

kurt
.PSD
Location: a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind

Post by kurt » Jan 8th, 2009, 02:40

I know that disappearing menu question has been asked before but I haven't really paid much attention to it. I don't know if manually changing the autoexec.cfg file would help but I think the problem is only related to certain video cards. The max fps solution is a console command (press ~) and it helps with the shuddering problem whenever it looks like the player is having a seizure.

Early DEdit requires a person to press T on the keyboard when selecting brushes and objects. Options are somewhat scant because Monolith never completed their coding work. All sorts of new options could be added to the editor by simply coding them into the game code.

I think WiP maps are related to GameStudio and have nothing to do with DEdit. Perhaps he meant .ed files. But the run tab in DEdit 1.0 doesn't work anyways. The map has to be placed in the custom folder and run from the game .exe.

I hope that helps.

zZaRDoZz
The Great Betrayer
The Great Betrayer

Post by zZaRDoZz » Jan 8th, 2009, 15:39

Kurt, fielding questions about dedit is probably behind "scraping- your- eyebrows- off -with -a -rusty- piece- of- glass" on your list of things to do today but I'm a fish out of water when it comes to dedit. This guy's a serious mapper from the AvP2 community.

http://www.lithfaq.com/forums/viewtopic ... 5029#p5029